FORUMS

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

Droid Turbo Lollipop OTA, 2015 Moto G Leaked – XDA TV

Android Lollipop for the Droid Turbo has been released. That and much more … more

Extended Batteries... Mugen vs Original Samsung

639 posts
Thanks Meter: 60
 
By caliber177, Senior Member on 26th April 2012, 06:09 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I am looking to keep my white GSM Samsung Galaxy Nexus naked as the bulk is just too much, and I need as much comfort in my hand as possible...


That being said: does anyone want to chime in on how the Mugen extended battery is performing compared to stock and/or the original Samsung /w battery door?

I have the original samsung extended battery, but no white door to put on...


Thanks guys.
 
 
26th April 2012, 07:08 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
One thing to note if you are buying a replacement battery... the NFC antenna is built into the battery. If this is a feature you use, make sure your new battery has it.
26th April 2012, 09:16 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I am waiting for my 4000mah mugen battery including nfc. But would also love the pogo car dock.. Too bad in does not fit anymore with the New battery..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
27th April 2012, 01:20 AM |#4  
Azdian's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
what about Seidio Innocell ? 3500mAh for GSM version
http://www.amazon.com/Seidio-BACY35S.../dp/B007K5H5D8

I really wanna buy this one, but is it really good?

mugen or Seidio innocell?
Last edited by Azdian; 27th April 2012 at 12:11 PM.
27th April 2012, 09:03 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I do not think it supports nfc..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
27th April 2012, 05:38 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Chicago, IL USA
Thanks Meter: 80
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdian

what about Seidio Innocell ? 3500mAh for GSM version
http://www.amazon.com/Seidio-BACY35S.../dp/B007K5H5D8

I really wanna buy this one, but is it really good?

mugen or Seidio innocell?

Both will give you about 80% of the capacity they put on the label. Everyone else will give you much less than that, 70% tops, and often half or less.
27th April 2012, 11:31 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 232
 
More
I think these cheapo $10 3800 extended batteries on ebay are pretty good if you come in with the right expectations.

Yes, we know they aren't 3800, and are closer to 3000, but that still gets you about 1000mah more than the stock battery.

Yes, they lose their capacity over time more quickly than a genuine battery, but you should treat these types of batteries as disposable.

Buy one for $10, use it for 6 months and then buy another one.
28th April 2012, 12:45 AM |#8  
lucasmalaguti's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwang

I think these cheapo $10 3800 extended batteries on ebay are pretty good if you come in with the right expectations.

Yes, we know they aren't 3800, and are closer to 3000, but that still gets you about 1000mah more than the stock battery.

Yes, they lose their capacity over time more quickly than a genuine battery, but you should treat these types of batteries as disposable.

Buy one for $10, use it for 6 months and then buy another one.

The only thing that keeps me away from buying them is that batteries, in a general way, are pretty dangerous for the environment, specially cheap ones. And I wouldn't like to make that kind of waste buying several batteries.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lucasmalaguti For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 12:53 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 232
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasmalaguti

The only thing that keeps me away from buying them is that batteries, in a general way, are pretty dangerous for the environment, specially cheap ones. And I wouldn't like to make that kind of waste buying several batteries.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

yep valid concern. Fortunately where I live, we have battery recycling.
28th April 2012, 09:07 AM |#10  
Azdian's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATnTdude

Both will give you about 80% of the capacity they put on the label. Everyone else will give you much less than that, 70% tops, and often half or less.


i just placed an order for Innocell 3500mAh, hope its worth the money.

Sent from my Maguro i9250 using Tapatalk2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, door, extended, extended battery, mugen
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes