Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,847 Members 52,957 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Nexus Desktop Dock Now available @ Expansys

Tip us?

f231f
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg1097 View Post
Has anybody that has the dock, that also have an HDMI MHL adapter tried connecting the two together via the micro usb to get them to work together?
Video cannot be sent over pogo pins.

anfozy
Old
Thanks Meter 116
This dock is soon damn nice but it is abit pricey for what it is, another close my eyes and try not to think about howmuch it cost when I buy it for now this will do lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Huawei U8180 - Galaxy SII - Galaxy Nexus - HTC One X - Galaxy SIII - Nexus 4 - Nexus 7 - Galaxy Note II - Xperia Z - HTC One silver - Galaxy S4 - Xperia Z - HTC One black
Other iPhone 3GS - iPhone 4 - iPhone 4S - iPhone 5 - iPad - iPhone 5S
The Following User Says Thank You to anfozy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

@rbiter
Old
Thanks Meter 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by anfozy View Post
This dock is soon damn nice but it is abit pricey for what it is, another close my eyes and try not to think about howmuch it cost when I buy it for now this will do lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Its a mi, Mario. Butt stomping your wallet into oblivion.

zippity doo da.

jonnyg1097
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by f231f View Post
Video cannot be sent over pogo pins.
Aw nuts. I thought I stumbled onto something there. lol

anfozy
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
Its a mi, Mario. Butt stomping your wallet into oblivion.

zippity doo da.
if mario is stomping my wallet, samsung is raping and pillaging my pockets for every last cent lol
Huawei U8180 - Galaxy SII - Galaxy Nexus - HTC One X - Galaxy SIII - Nexus 4 - Nexus 7 - Galaxy Note II - Xperia Z - HTC One silver - Galaxy S4 - Xperia Z - HTC One black
Other iPhone 3GS - iPhone 4 - iPhone 4S - iPhone 5 - iPad - iPhone 5S

kvizz
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by anfozy View Post
if mario is stomping my wallet, samsung is raping and pillaging my pockets for every last cent lol
That's sick where did you get that mario?

PTzero
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by f231f View Post
I don't own an extended battery so I won't contradict what others have said, but this dock is molded to the exact size of the phone. If the extended battery makes it 1mm thicker, I don't see how it would fit.
It's a perfect fit for my phone with the 2000mAh extended battery. No worries.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/10474450...ts/8pC8afc3CfX

El Daddy
Old
(Last edited by El Daddy; 17th April 2012 at 11:09 PM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,851

DONATE TO ME
I just got my dock. The thing is built like a tank and it's very high quality. Compared to the N1 dock it's not even in the same ballpark.

My fiance isn't home right now so I can't test the LTE version but I doubt it will fit.

I have the audio out hooked up to my system right now and it sounds very good. I'm actually really surprised how good it sounds. However, there is no way to adjust the volume out on the phone. It's either on or off.

There is no way to lock the phone directly when its in the dock. But, you can press home to get back to the home screen and let it timeout. Then, you can press the volume key to wake the phone. Pretty handy.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. It may be a bit overpriced, but to a dock junkie like me I'm very pleased.

If anyone has any other questions I'll be happy to answer. I will update my post when I check for the verizon nexus compatibility.

UPDATE: The Verizon LTE Nexus with standard battery does NOT fit in the GSM dock.

vishious89
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Daddy View Post
I just got my dock. The thing is built like a tank and it's very high quality. Compared to the N1 dock it's not even in the same ballpark.

My fiance isn't home right now so I can't test the LTE version but I doubt it will fit.

I have the audio out hooked up to my system right now and it sounds very good. I'm actually really surprised how good it sounds. However, there is no way to adjust the volume out on the phone. It's either on or off.

There is no way to lock the phone directly when its in the dock. But, you can press home to get back to the home screen and let it timeout. Then, you can press the volume key to wake the phone. Pretty handy.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. It may be a bit overpriced, but to a dock junkie like me I'm very pleased.

If anyone has any other questions I'll be happy to answer. I will update my post when I check for the verizon nexus compatibility.
Much appreciated mate. Question about the Verizon GN LTE you're gonna test with the dock, is it with the stock or extended battery?

Treggs
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Daddy View Post

I have one on order but could you please describe the audio functions in more detail?

What happens when someone rings? Do I need audio plugged in? Can you have a hands free conversation with the phone still in the dock? Does it only play certain audio out the jack and if so details? Anything else you think is worth mentioning? I plan to have my phone pretty much sitting in this dock at my work desk unless I need to go somewhere. TIA
There are 10 types of people, those that can count in binary and those that can't

Stock, rooted, N4 ----Stock Rooted N7 2013