Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,368 Members 44,536 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Nexus Desktop Dock Now available @ Expansys

Tip us?

jeffreytz
Old
(Last edited by jeffreytz; 20th April 2012 at 10:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Audio is "line out"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg1097 View Post
Does the manual say why you shouldnt do that?
The reason you shouldn't plug headphones into the dock's 3.5mm jack is because it's supposedly a true "line out" jack, meaning line level output. That's also why the volume controls on the phone don't change the volume level. It's just like some portable CD players (old school) that had both headphone jacks (variable volume output) and line-out (line level so you could hook up to your stereo amp or PC line in card). When using line-level output you use the volume control of the device you've piped into.

I really like this dock, it looks fantastic sitting on my desk. My GNx (yakju) is still sitting at 4.0.2 so I guess I'm going to unlock the bootloader and flash the 4.0.4 image this weekend since it refuses to update OTA and the dock is really a waste without it.
JT
HTC One Developer Edition, LG Nexus 4, Sony Xperia ZL (Red)
T-Mobile & AT&T

@rbiter
Old
Thanks Meter 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreytz View Post
The reason you shouldn't plug headphones into the dock's 3.5mm jack is because it's supposedly a true "line out" jack, meaning line level output. That's also why the volume controls on the phone don't change the volume level. It's just like some portable CD players (old school) that had both headphone jacks (variable volume output) and line-out (line level so you could hook up to your stereo amp or PC line in card). When using line-level output you use the volume control of the device you've piped into.

I really like this dock, it looks fantastic sitting on my desk. My GNx (yakju) is still sitting at 4.0.2 so I guess I'm going to unlock the bootloader and flash the 4.0.4 image this weekend since it refuses to update OTA and the dock is really a waste without it.
I don't have any problems changing volume on my phone in dock. Not as much control as my receiver but works.

bow chicka wow wow.

-=Chinpoko Mon=-
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictate View Post
Ordered one from The Source. I figure if I don't like it, I'll just return it. Sounds useful though.
Let us know if they give you the correct dock. The picture looks correct but the stated manufacturer part number refers to the vertical HDMI dock instead (EDD-H1F2BEG).

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 8,059

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Chinpoko Mon=- View Post
Let us know if they give you the correct dock. The picture looks correct but the stated manufacturer part number refers to the vertical HDMI dock instead (EDD-H1F2BEG).
The stated manufacturer part number (270SAEDDH1F2BEG) refers to the landscape dock, not the HDMI dock.

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/produ...roduct=8001740
At present, I am not readily available on the forums or via PM -- if you are in need of a moderator, please contact someone from this list.

I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...

-=Chinpoko Mon=-
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant View Post
The stated manufacturer part number (270SAEDDH1F2BEG) refers to the landscape dock, not the HDMI dock.
[/url]
EDD-H1F2BEG refers to the HDMI dock.

EDD-D1F2BEG is the landscape dock.

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 8,059

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
EDD-H1F2BEG refers to the HDMI dock.

EDD-D1F2BEG is the landscape dock.
Sorry, my mistake. Looks like you are right.
At present, I am not readily available on the forums or via PM -- if you are in need of a moderator, please contact someone from this list.

Google Nexus 5

@rbiter
Old
Thanks Meter 959
so what's up with the audio setting in dock settings? how come it is grayed out?

guido.rosso
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I ordered 2 of these docks over two weeks ago from Expansys. I finally received the shipment a few days ago, only to discover that they sent me the wrong docks! Checked my order and I definitely selected the right items. They screwed up and shipped the wrong items. Now they expect me to pay $50+ to ship the items back to them, even though it was their mistake. Ridiculous customer service.

@rbiter
Old
Thanks Meter 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido.rosso View Post
I ordered 2 of these docks over two weeks ago from Expansys. I finally received the shipment a few days ago, only to discover that they sent me the wrong docks! Checked my order and I definitely selected the right items. They screwed up and shipped the wrong items. Now they expect me to pay $50+ to ship the items back to them, even though it was their mistake. Ridiculous customer service.
Talk to Corey. Look up the expansys thread and pm him. But he might not be active on forums since expansys and other exporters were hot hot hot when nexus was shipping. Try emailing him or asking over phone. Tell him xda sent ya.

bow chicka wow wow.

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 8,059

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
You are right -- it is the HDMI dock.

Google Nexus 5