Post Reply

Galaxy Nexus Desktop Dock Now available @ Expansys

20th April 2012, 10:46 PM   |  #131  
jeffreytz's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
Audio is "line out"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg1097

Does the manual say why you shouldnt do that?

The reason you shouldn't plug headphones into the dock's 3.5mm jack is because it's supposedly a true "line out" jack, meaning line level output. That's also why the volume controls on the phone don't change the volume level. It's just like some portable CD players (old school) that had both headphone jacks (variable volume output) and line-out (line level so you could hook up to your stereo amp or PC line in card). When using line-level output you use the volume control of the device you've piped into.

I really like this dock, it looks fantastic sitting on my desk. My GNx (yakju) is still sitting at 4.0.2 so I guess I'm going to unlock the bootloader and flash the 4.0.4 image this weekend since it refuses to update OTA and the dock is really a waste without it.
Last edited by jeffreytz; 20th April 2012 at 10:51 PM.
20th April 2012, 11:03 PM   |  #132  
@rbiter's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 959
 
4,082 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreytz

The reason you shouldn't plug headphones into the dock's 3.5mm jack is because it's supposedly a true "line out" jack, meaning line level output. That's also why the volume controls on the phone don't change the volume level. It's just like some portable CD players (old school) that had both headphone jacks (variable volume output) and line-out (line level so you could hook up to your stereo amp or PC line in card). When using line-level output you use the volume control of the device you've piped into.

I really like this dock, it looks fantastic sitting on my desk. My GNx (yakju) is still sitting at 4.0.2 so I guess I'm going to unlock the bootloader and flash the 4.0.4 image this weekend since it refuses to update OTA and the dock is really a waste without it.

I don't have any problems changing volume on my phone in dock. Not as much control as my receiver but works.

bow chicka wow wow.
20th April 2012, 11:53 PM   |  #133  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictate

Ordered one from The Source. I figure if I don't like it, I'll just return it. Sounds useful though.

Let us know if they give you the correct dock. The picture looks correct but the stated manufacturer part number refers to the vertical HDMI dock instead (EDD-H1F2BEG).
21st April 2012, 12:02 AM   |  #134  
efrant's Avatar
Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal Bow2DaCow
Thanks Meter: 8,086
 
9,535 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Chinpoko Mon=-

Let us know if they give you the correct dock. The picture looks correct but the stated manufacturer part number refers to the vertical HDMI dock instead (EDD-H1F2BEG).

The stated manufacturer part number (270SAEDDH1F2BEG) refers to the landscape dock, not the HDMI dock.

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/produ...roduct=8001740
21st April 2012, 02:42 AM   |  #135  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant

The stated manufacturer part number (270SAEDDH1F2BEG) refers to the landscape dock, not the HDMI dock.
[/url]

EDD-H1F2BEG refers to the HDMI dock.

EDD-D1F2BEG is the landscape dock.
21st April 2012, 02:54 AM   |  #136  
efrant's Avatar
Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal Bow2DaCow
Thanks Meter: 8,086
 
9,535 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Chinpoko Mon=-

EDD-H1F2BEG refers to the HDMI dock.

EDD-D1F2BEG is the landscape dock.

Sorry, my mistake. Looks like you are right.
21st April 2012, 03:25 AM   |  #137  
@rbiter's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 959
 
4,082 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
so what's up with the audio setting in dock settings? how come it is grayed out?
21st April 2012, 08:29 AM   |  #138  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
I ordered 2 of these docks over two weeks ago from Expansys. I finally received the shipment a few days ago, only to discover that they sent me the wrong docks! Checked my order and I definitely selected the right items. They screwed up and shipped the wrong items. Now they expect me to pay $50+ to ship the items back to them, even though it was their mistake. Ridiculous customer service.
21st April 2012, 08:54 AM   |  #139  
@rbiter's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 959
 
4,082 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido.rosso

I ordered 2 of these docks over two weeks ago from Expansys. I finally received the shipment a few days ago, only to discover that they sent me the wrong docks! Checked my order and I definitely selected the right items. They screwed up and shipped the wrong items. Now they expect me to pay $50+ to ship the items back to them, even though it was their mistake. Ridiculous customer service.

Talk to Corey. Look up the expansys thread and pm him. But he might not be active on forums since expansys and other exporters were hot hot hot when nexus was shipping. Try emailing him or asking over phone. Tell him xda sent ya.

bow chicka wow wow.
23rd April 2012, 10:25 PM   |  #140  
efrant's Avatar
Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal Bow2DaCow
Thanks Meter: 8,086
 
9,535 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Chinpoko Mon=-

Let us know if they give you the correct dock. The picture looks correct but the stated manufacturer part number refers to the vertical HDMI dock instead (EDD-H1F2BEG).

You are right -- it is the HDMI dock.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes