Galaxy Nexus White Housing

Tip us?

TEK112
Old
Thanks Meter 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by petsasj View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Sam...#ht_2176wt_964

The seller also sells titanium ones. Coming to this thread, where most people buy white housings from this specific seller i was interested in buying from, what was i supposed to ask?

"Does the titanium housing come with water damage stickers?"

I'd have gotten an even larger list of complaints for my question then.

IF the white housing comes with water damage stickers, chances are the titanium one I'm interested in also comes with water damage stickers. I sent a question to the seller on ebay but he probably doesn't speak English so I have gotten no reply. So I thought i'd ask here. Simple as. Anyway, let's put an end to this.

If someone could verify if the white housings come with water damage shields, I'd appreciate the confirmation.
You could always use Google Translate:

Does the galaxy nexus shell have a water damage sticker?

Hat die Galaxie Nexus Schale haben einen Wasserschaden Plakette?

I have used it in the past for orders with China. The translation is rough, but they should get the general idea of what you are asking.
DROID Paraphernalia:

Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition
Galaxy Note II - Stock Rooted
Pipo M1 - FMA Pipo Beans v3 - My Own Creation
Galaxy Nexus - Retired
G-Tablet - Retired
Moto DROID - Retired (Nice VOIP Phone)
Teclast P98HD - Retired (Screen too high res for CPU/GPU)

If you really want to thank me, sign up for Dropbox!

danboard
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticdarlow View Post
Where did you get the Philips screwdriver required to take out the screws? I bought a Philips #0, still to big.

Thanks,
I have a cellphone repair kit but you should be able to get the right screwdriver at Canadian tire or Rona.
Phone: Galaxy Nexus
ROM: AOKP

Previous Phones:
Omnia > Milestone > Streak > Nexus One > HD2 > Desire HD > i9000 > Vibrant > Desire Z > Fascinate > Atrix > Inspire 4G > Nexus S > i9100

My Heatware:
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=75791

XDA Transactions:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5

petsasj
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1566

DONATE TO ME
Guys, something important.

So I called the Samsung Service Center i usually take my phone to in order to ask for the prices for the white housing. The pricing is as follows:

16.48 Euros for the back cover
6.73 Euros for the battery cover
Total 23.21 Euros (=30.5 USD).

You can buy these yourself, or pay a 27 Euro fee for it to be installed.

I just wanted to let you know about this, seeing as you guys pay 90+USD on rb-sale-s for the cover. Why not buy it from the service center itself? It's a third of the price. Please call your service center before buying from online stores, turns out it's cheaper for me.

kms108
Old
(Last edited by kms108; 20th April 2012 at 01:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 736
Quote:
Guys, something important.

So I called the Samsung Service Center i usually take my phone to in order to ask for the prices for the white housing. The pricing is as follows:

16.48 Euros for the back cover
6.73 Euros for the battery cover
Total 23.21 Euros (=30.5 USD).

You can buy these yourself, or pay a 27 Euro fee for it to be installed.

I just wanted to let you know about this, seeing as you guys pay 90+USD on rb-sale-s for the cover. Why not buy it from the service center itself? It's a third of the price. Please call your service center before buying from online stores, turns out it's cheaper for me.
you cannot buy them from samsung directly, first you must have a white nexus and it must be a official country of released, then they will just charge you the stated price inclusive of labour charge (within warranty period), if it's a imported unit or out of warranty, then the unit must also be a white unit (official white unit), then there is a inspection charge/labour charge on top, along with the price of the spare parts/accessories.

Some countries many even reject imported units for no reasons, just because the unit is not registered in their country.

In all cases samsung will keep the old case, but not the battery cover as the battery cover is considered as a accessory and not a spare part, if your unit was a titanium unit no samsung in the world will put a white shell on, as this is changing the phones specification, and samsung must do the installation, you cannot just get the shell and DIY. But there are loop hole that I won't mention here.
Samsung Galaxy Note III LTE N9005
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos I9192

Sony XBA 3
Sony MDR EX600
Sony MDR EX800ST

petsasj
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1566

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108 View Post
you cannot buy them from samsung directly, first you must have a white nexus and it must be a official country of released, then they will just charge you the stated price inclusive of labour charge (within warranty period), if it's a imported unit or out of warranty, then the unit must also be a white unit (official white unit), then there is a inspection charge/labour charge on top, along with the price of the spare parts/accessories.

In all cases samsung will keep the old case, but not the battery cover as the battery cover is considered as a accessory and not a spare part, if your unit was a titanium unit no samsung in the world will put a white shell on, as this is changing the phones specification, but there are loop hole that I won't mention here.
Well I was on the phone just now and I ordered mine 15 minutes ago.

I'll let you know how it goes when they call me to go pick it up.

kms108
Old
(Last edited by kms108; 20th April 2012 at 01:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 736
Quote:

if it does work out good luck, as many large firms wont do this due to company policies and there are no exceptions.

Sony XBA 3
Sony MDR EX600
Sony MDR EX800ST

3py0n
Old
Thanks Meter 3
as much as I want it...I really can't justify paying $100 CAD for a housing...faaaaaaaaackkkkkk...maybe just the housing and not the cover...

plasticdarlow
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by danboard View Post
I have a cellphone repair kit but you should be able to get the right screwdriver at Canadian tire or Rona.
How long did you have to wait to receive your housing?

LAYGO
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookitzjohnny View Post
Ordered my case on the May 4th, payment went through may 5th, was shipped out and never got a tracking number.. contacted the seller twice for tracking number with no response.. what to do?
WHOA! What app allows you to order in the future!? I want it!
Galaxy S4 - rooted 4/28/13! Yucky Touchwiz

TF101b (Megatron/Guevor) - Summer 2011
Nook HD (CM10)
Parrot Asteroid Smart (Rooted)

Galaxy Nexus (CM9): Bought: 04/22/12 - Rooted: 04/23/12
EVO 4G: Bought: 07/02/10 - Rooted: 07/09/10

Nokia BH-214 Review | Nokia BH-221 Review
(Bluetooth HFP/HSP/A2DP/AVRCP)
The Following User Says Thank You to LAYGO For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kms108
Old
Thanks Meter 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAYGO View Post
WHOA! What app allows you to order in the future!? I want it!
i think you got it wrong, it was last year

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

seriously, you should just give them a month and if on the 40-42 th day file the complaint with paypal.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Quote:

how did it go.

Sony XBA 3
Sony MDR EX600
Sony MDR EX800ST

Tags
housing, white