GSM Galaxy Nexus Extended Battery

Search This thread

Sum14u2nvy

May 17, 2011
Los Angeles
Well I've been looking around for an extended battery for a few weeks and I can't seem to find one for it. I don't want the 1750mAh battery. I want a 3800mAh extended battery WITH NFC. Anyone know where I can get one?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

daewond3r

Sep 3, 2009
Los Angeles
Well I've been looking around for an extended battery for a few weeks and I can't seem to find one for it. I don't want the 1750mAh battery. I want a 3800mAh extended battery WITH NFC. Anyone know where I can get one?

NFC capable batteries are usually only made by OEMs. Currently Samsung only offers a 200mAh extended battery and I doubt they will be offering another.

Last edited:

androidtoy09

Jun 2, 2009
It is my understanding that NFC is a proprietary technology (Samsung-only). Currently Samsung only offers a 200mAh extended battery and I doubt they will be offering another.

NFC is NOT proprietary. It is a technology used by many manufactures like Samsung, Nokia, RIM, etc.. However, aftermarket NFC enabled batteries are uncommon. Most of the time they are only available through OEMs.

daewond3r

Sep 3, 2009
Los Angeles
NFC is NOT proprietary. It is a technology used by many manufactures like Samsung, Nokia, RIM, etc.. However, aftermarket NFC enabled batteries are uncommon. Most of the time they are only available through OEMs.

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't word my respond properly. Basically what I meant was that an NFC battery would most likely only come from Samsung.

androidtoy09

Jun 2, 2009
Thanks for clarifying. I didn't word my respond properly. Basically what I meant was that an NFC battery would most likely only come from Samsung.

no problem buddy :) just wanna clear up any confusion.

btw, OP, you should consider a spare battery alternative instead of an extended one. I have two spare ones and I'm happy :D

Culex316

Apr 1, 2012
Miami, FL
Samsung Galaxy S20

Look for the Seidio Extended Battery 3500mAH with NFC for the GSM Galaxy Nexus on their website (seidio online in google).

It's a bit pricey ($69.95) but WELL worth it imo...this battery + one of Franco's kernels makes my Galaxy Nexus have INCREDIBLE battery life (4+ screen time easily per day even with gaming and a lot of browsing on 3G) and NFC works with it too, I tried it personally at McDonalds with Google Wallet and it worked fine.

LordButtersI

Jun 14, 2011
What would it take to put the nfc antenna on yourself? As in pull it off the stock battery and put it on the aftermarket? Or better yet on the inside of the backplate.

Is that tweezers and soldering gun work or would you need factory equipment?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using XDA Ultimate App

DroidDavi

Mar 29, 2010
Las Vegas
If I'm correct the chip is in the battery and the other parts are in the back over I say just buy the sedieo one I'm going to by it once I have the cash for it and the extended covert

Sum14u2nvy

May 17, 2011
Los Angeles
Thanks man! But I ordered a portable charger yesterday. I think I'll try that out before I get an extended battery. Gotta spend my paycheck somewhere you know? ;)

Btw, I got this charger:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003U4XX9S/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?redirect=true&ref_=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Last edited:

Sum14u2nvy

May 17, 2011
Los Angeles
$100? I might as well buy 6 regular batteries. And that's gonna make my phone so thick! Thanks though bro.

Top Liked Posts