5,594,653 Members 32,862 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Headphones for Galaxy Nexus with Media Controls

Tip us?

vladimirhtg
Old
Thanks Meter 1
the klipsch s4a's are so boss. favorite series of headphones, ive had multiple pairs (in the past 2 years)

shiznt
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I use Skullcandy 50/50's and they sound awesome with the standard Google Music app. Middle button works to pause & skip but volume control doesnt work
HTC Dream G1 - Sold!
HTC Hero (GSM) - Sold!
HTC Google Nexus One - Sold!
HTC T-Mobile G2 Vision/Desire Z - Sold!
Motorola Atrix 4G - Sold!
HTC EVO 3D (GSM) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (GSM) - Current!

Asus Eee Pad Transformer Tablet!

dp92180
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiznt View Post
I use Skullcandy 50/50's and they sound awesome with the standard Google Music app. Middle button works to pause & skip but volume control doesnt work
Try downloading the Jay's headset app from the market and it will add more functionality to the center button like back, forward, volume, etc.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to dp92180 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

j4s2c2vr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3rutat View Post
Currently, only one button headphones work with android. Three button headphones only work with Apple devices. As i understand, this is a limitation of the Android OS, though i wonder how hard would it be for a dev to patch this functionality.

Most 3rd party players from the market (doubletwist, poweramp) have built-in controls so that you can play/pause/skip/etc via the one single button.

I am using a pair of Shure SE535 with my phone and only my center button works, the other two don't function.
My Motorola S9 (with firmware from S9HD) works fine... and all the buttons works on them...
So, You are wrong mate

d3rutat
Old
Thanks Meter 4
You also didnt notice that i was talking about wired headphones. Bluetooth is a different matter.
Galaxy Nexus - AOKP M4 - franco.Kernel M1 - XXKL1 Radio

The Nexus Project
Old
(Last edited by The Nexus Project; 25th February 2012 at 04:10 PM.)
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 30

DONATE TO ME
Beats Tours w/ control talk are hands down the best earbuds currently on the market.

skyhigh2004
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nexus Project View Post
Beats Tours w/ control talk are hands down the best earbuds currently on the market.
I would have to grossly disagree with that statement. Very unrealistic bass and other higher frequencies compared to many cheaper in ears. If they were $69.99 then they would be a great price to value option but that's not the case.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Timmyfoxeh
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nexus Project View Post
Far from, just the "Beats" brand tells you about their awful sound quality. I say the Klipsch S4A is your best bet, the original S4's are great for the price.
HTC One - S-Off + Stock GPE
Galaxy Nexus - Stock 4.3
Desire Z - Andromadus
~Timmy Fox

allen2oo3
Old
Thanks Meter 17
if you are ok with no in-line controls, if would highly recommend ultimate ears triplefi over the beats. money much better spent. been thinking about picking up the ultimate ears 500vm but i don't think i'm willing to give up the sound quality.

GodsDead
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Im looking for the controls without the headphone's, so a female 3.5mm jack input, so I can put my own headphones in, I soldered my own not long ago for my HTC hero that worked a dream, but they broke, and I bought this phone tonight, and wanted to look for some pre-made solutions!