5,598,908 Members 30,739 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hyperion Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus 3800mAh Extended Battery

Tip us?
 
iHentai
Old
#51  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 17
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrakt View Post
Lol that would be the ultimate true test, but would be kind of hard to do since were both busy with school. She has all her syncs off and doesn't use 4g a whole lot (mostly 3g), a lot of instagram and texts. Battery life is so so. As for extended, to me this $20 investment is proving to be worth it.
I also bought this battery and received it two days ago. Today was my third cycle. So far I get around 3:30 on screen time after 12 hours. I was wondering what settings do you have off? I have everything on with brightness auto on Paranoid Android throughout the day and constantly on my phone redditing, texting, and random browsing.
 
mssam
Old
#52  
mssam's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 167
Posts: 682
Join Date: Feb 2012
The Hyperion wasn't available when I got my gnex, so I got the 3800 seidio. It appears that they're both li-polymer and have similar manufacturing processes (disregarding the marketing nonsense), so the Hyperion should be on par with the seidio. Plus, it's $20 and it has nfc. The seidio w/ nfc is like $60 or $70. You can't lose paying $20 for a 3800 battery w/ nfc...
 
iHentai
Old
#53  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 17
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mssam View Post
The Hyperion wasn't available when I got my gnex, so I got the 3800 seidio. It appears that they're both li-polymer and have similar manufacturing processes (disregarding the marketing nonsense), so the Hyperion should be on par with the seidio. Plus, it's $20 and it has nfc. The seidio w/ nfc is like $60 or $70. You can't lose paying $20 for a 3800 battery w/ nfc...

Thing is I have the Hyperion but it doesn't come close to the performance from the Seidio ;(
 
mstrakt
Old
#54  
mstrakt's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 42
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHentai View Post
I also bought this battery and received it two days ago. Today was my third cycle. So far I get around 3:30 on screen time after 12 hours. I was wondering what settings do you have off? I have everything on with brightness auto on Paranoid Android throughout the day and constantly on my phone redditing, texting, and random browsing.
Hmm. With what people say. Its a hit or miss with this battery. Im guessing it just depends on your rom and kernel setup. Im running liquidsmooth. Was with Trinity kernel but im trying jame bond out. my setting are: sync just gmail, contacts, calendar. All other apps with sync I turn off. NFC is off since I don't use it much except to beam stuff with my gf from time to time. Im also running juice defender which I think helps a lot. I adjust my brightness manually according to where I am. I do probably the same usage as you. Text, browse, instagram, fb sometimes, play games occasionally. I been avg. 5 hours on screen time and a least 1 day on this batt.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Devices: Note 2 (Alliance Rom Build 23 ), S4, Asus Transformer Prime
Retired: G1, Droid Eris, Droid Charge, Galaxy Nexus.
 
iHentai
Old
#55  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 17
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrakt View Post
Hmm. With what people say. Its a hit or miss with this battery. Im guessing it just depends on your rom and kernel setup. Im running liquidsmooth. Was with Trinity kernel but im trying jame bond out. my setting are: sync just gmail, contacts, calendar. All other apps with sync I turn off. NFC is off since I don't use it much except to beam stuff with my gf from time to time. Im also running juice defender which I think helps a lot. I adjust my brightness manually according to where I am. I do probably the same usage as you. Text, browse, instagram, fb sometimes, play games occasionally. I been avg. 5 hours on screen time and a least 1 day on this batt.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Would you say you had better experience with trinity or james bond? I definitely gonna try out juice defender I guess. I noticed with turning off LTE throughout the day definitely helps, I get up to 4-5 on screen time with it off and turning it on when I want faster internet.
 
d11dog11
Old
#56  
d11dog11's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 132
Posts: 1,190
Join Date: Apr 2008

 
DONATE TO ME
Reading this made me want to go back to my Hyperion extended. If you can deal with the bulk... BUY IT!!! Lasts all day and the. Some. Currently 6.5 hours in with 1.5 hours screen on and at 62% battery. Streamed over an hour of music with screen off too. Its great.

Using team EOS nightly with stock kernal it comes with.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
VZW GS4
The Following User Says Thank You to d11dog11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
WiredPirate
Old
#57  
WiredPirate's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1940
Posts: 4,533
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 256
Gonna bump this thread to say thanks to everyone who offered some info on this battery. I think I am going to purchase it on Amazon soon, at $25 for the battery and matching case skin I think it's worth it. I don't plan to always use it, just on days I need the extra juice.
VZW Moto X
STOCK 4.4

Apple iPad WiFi 64GB 3rd GEN

VZW/LTE Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- RETIRED
Motorola Atrix 4G - SOLD
Samsung Galaxy S Captivate - SOLD
 
jonbruin
Old
#58  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default How's the weight?

I just got a used nexus coming from an old Incredible and I've been loving it besides the battery life. Is the added bulk of the extended worth it? Is the weight difference notable?

Thanks in advance for all the reviews and feedback about the battery.
 
hardikjakharia
Old
#59  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 90
Join Date: Feb 2009
Default Re: Hyperion Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus 3800mAh Extended Battery

Hey,

Can u post performance defense between sedio and hyperion ? Is there like vast difference in juice in them?


Generally how is the response of these batteries? On ebay, sellers which ship to india dont have hyperion, so any suggestion on other brand?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
sensation lover
Old
#60  
sensation lover's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 198
Posts: 2,012
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Default Re: Hyperion Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus 3800mAh Extended Battery

Just making sure before I order this beast, this will work for the GSM model as well won't it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
HTC Sensation-----> Samsung Galaxy S2 -------> HTC ONE X ------------> SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS & SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 2 10.1



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes