Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Looking for an wired or bluetooth remote

4th May 2012, 05:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Johnstown, Pa
Thanks Meter: 41

511 posts
I always plug my phone into my 3.5mm aux jack on my car stereo to listen to pandora. And it would be nice to have a 3 button inline remote or bluetooth remote to control pandora while driving. I now use a inline one button and the JAYS app now. But i recently purchased Headset Button Controller app and it supports 3 button remotes that are compatible with android.. But can't find any remotes that specifically say android supported.

Any suggestions?

Something like this:

http://m.accessorygeeks.com/iluv-hea...wht-white.html

Or

http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-BT3030-B.../dp/B000XT3L7W

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
Last edited by Androider4Life; 4th May 2012 at 05:50 AM.
4th May 2012, 07:54 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I'm interested in seeing responses to this as well. I ride a motorcycle and I like to listen to music. I need to keep the phone on the bike and plugged in, but that means I'm tethered to the bike by my ears ... crashing would be bad.

I'm looking for a way to control the phone with 1 gloved hand while wirelessly listening to whatever I want from the phone.

Only really need play/pause and volume control from remote.
5th May 2012, 05:21 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Johnstown, Pa

511 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoutsidaphilly

I'm interested in seeing responses to this as well. I ride a motorcycle and I like to listen to music. I need to keep the phone on the bike and plugged in, but that means I'm tethered to the bike by my ears ... crashing would be bad.

I'm looking for a way to control the phone with 1 gloved hand while wirelessly listening to whatever I want from the phone.

I think I'm gonna order the Jabra bt3030. You can get them out of China on ebay for under $10

6th May 2012, 06:27 AM   |  #4  
Flag Atlanta

10 posts
Donate to Me
More
Careful about that Jabra bt3030, I have one and the audio performance on those things are below standards. Now I just downloaded an app called Volume+ for my nexus to boost volume and there's a setting for adjusting bluetooth headsets which I have yet to try. Just know that those bluetooths have below standard volume.
6th May 2012, 10:05 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 6

198 posts
More
Quote:

Would the "wave control" app work? I am not sure if you mount your phone on your bike.
6th May 2012, 04:38 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 15

157 posts
Quote:

I use a car dock screen setup like this.

Than mount my phone in a RAM Aquabox with a microusb plug routed into it for power and an audio cord routed into it for sound. I then mount the audio cord's volume control onto the side of the Aquabox. All and all it works well after I sewed some touchscreen-capable things onto the index fingers of my gloves.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-05-06-10-33-12.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	1044579  
7th May 2012, 02:03 PM   |  #7  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 23

156 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knolly

I use a car dock screen setup like this.

Than mount my phone in a RAM Aquabox with a microusb plug routed into it for power and an audio cord routed into it for sound. I then mount the audio cord's volume control onto the side of the Aquabox. All and all it works well after I sewed some touchscreen-capable things onto the index fingers of my gloves.

what car dock app is that?
8th May 2012, 02:31 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Johnstown, Pa

511 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v3thabest

Careful about that Jabra bt3030, I have one and the audio performance on those things are below standards. Now I just downloaded an app called Volume+ for my nexus to boost volume and there's a setting for adjusting bluetooth headsets which I have yet to try. Just know that those bluetooths have below standard volume.

Let me know how it turns out

8th May 2012, 04:33 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 28

404 posts
I would love a bluetooth remote "button" that when pressed would activate Android Voice Actions. This way you could mount it to the steering wheel and have better hands free. Anyone know if that is possible?
8th May 2012, 06:10 PM   |  #10  

2 posts
Don't know if that will work but I'm going to try it. thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread