Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,275 Members 42,957 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Multifunction Adapter

Tip us?

4Pr3mier
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default Multifunction Adapter

Does anyone know if this adapter would work with the GN?

http://www.amazon.com/HTC-Multifunct...cmu_pg__header

I want to have the phone output audio while being simultaneously being charged.
I would love to have the official car dock, but it is nowhere to be found (yet).

staticx57
Old
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
No. It will not.

Why not just plug something into the headphone port and the power into the USB cable like you are supposed to do?

4Pr3mier
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
I'm looking for something simple. Just drop it on a dock and go.
IPhones have countless docks, my pre has the touchstone.
I suppose I could just connect through Bluetooth for audio and plug in a charging cable in the meantime until that GSM car dock comes out.

dgwood12
Old
(Last edited by dgwood12; 21st December 2011 at 07:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by staticx57 View Post
No. It will not.

Why not just plug something into the headphone port and the power into the USB cable like you are supposed to do?
Why won't it work? I have been looking for something exactly like this to make a custom portrait desktop dock that has audio out. The problem is the headphone jack is on the bottom and covered when in this position... any suggestions on what I could use for this situation?

*edit* Looks like it isnt a micro usb so it definitely wouldnt work then...curious though, does anything like this exist that would work with gnex?
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

TaFFeR
Old
Thanks Meter 15
There's no way for it to work on a Samsung phone because those old mini USB slots on those HTC phones are proprietary 11-pin ExtUSB ports. Normal USB mini/micro only has 5 pins. HTC wanted to be cool and add extra pins to the USB port so that they wouldn't have to add a headphone jack to the phone. To my understanding, this was unpopular because you had to buy extra hardware just to get a headset working.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TaFFeR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]