Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,531 Members 51,168 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Why does it say Near Field Communication on the battery?

Tip us?

dadyal
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscillik View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the Galaxy Nexus battery has 4 gold contacts, whereas the Samsung Galaxy S II battery has only 3 gold contacts.

Mine sgs2 have 4 contacts on phone and battry

meental
Old
Thanks Meter 4
why bring back a 4 month old thread?

The Nexus Project
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 30

DONATE TO ME
The NFC chip is located in the battery

Sent from my i9250 [GSM) Galaxy Nexus.
Phazenine@Twitter
MouseIDT@Instagram

jonnyg1097
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Not to get to far off topic but I saw some metal battery covers on ebay, has anybody tried these and do they interfere with the NFC

blunden
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nexus Project View Post
The NFC chip is located in the battery.
No it's not. The chip is in the phone while the antenna is in the battery. There are teardowns that confirm this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg1097 View Post
Not to get to far off topic but I saw some metal battery covers on ebay, has anybody tried these and do they interfere with the NFC
They completely kill NFC from what I've heard from people who've used them.

Jester23
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Just an FYI if you are looking to replace your battery with an NFC battery don't buy from ebay seller http://myworld.ebay.com/liang22211 He claims the battery is OEM and it looks it, has the NFC notation on it but it does not work. Sure looks the part though!
Sent from my Nexus 5

neederishelp
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester23 View Post
Just an FYI if you are looking to replace your battery with an NFC battery don't buy from ebay seller http://myworld.ebay.com/liang22211 He claims the battery is OEM and it looks it, has the NFC notation on it but it does not work. Sure looks the part though!
It says In one of his listing that it is not nfc compatible... It also says noar on the battery, not near

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Jester23
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by neederishelp View Post
It says In one of his listing that it is not nfc compatible... It also says noar on the battery, not near

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
I just received an email from him last night refunding my money and advised that he will from now on add that it is not NFC compatible on his ebay listings.

At least he's trying to get legit.
Sent from my Nexus 5

ned98
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Sorry for bringing back this topic, but i just bought a 3150mAh battery from ebay and I was wondering if there can be a way to "rip off" the NFC antenna from the original battery and apply it to this newer one.
By tearing down the original battery, I saw that the antenna is connected into the battery (maybe the other two connectors beside battery's positive and negative?)

Darunion
Old
Thanks Meter 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by ned98 View Post
Sorry for bringing back this topic, but i just bought a 3150mAh battery from ebay and I was wondering if there can be a way to "rip off" the NFC antenna from the original battery and apply it to this newer one.
By tearing down the original battery, I saw that the antenna is connected into the battery (maybe the other two connectors beside battery's positive and negative?)
honestly if you are askign this question, you probably should leave the battery alone before you risk injuring yourself
Let me google that for you -The best way to help someone and also tell them they are lazy at the same time.

Trolls are like stray cats, if you stop feeding them, eventually they move on.

Answer a users question, he's smart for a day. Teach a user how to research his own questions, he's smart for a lifetime!