Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

[Q] Why does it say Near Field Communication on the battery?

27th March 2012, 11:46 PM   |  #41  
Flag Here >
Thanks Meter: 48

468 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscillik

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the Galaxy Nexus battery has 4 gold contacts, whereas the Samsung Galaxy S II battery has only 3 gold contacts.

Mine sgs2 have 4 contacts on phone and battry
28th March 2012, 04:23 AM   |  #42  
san diego
Thanks Meter: 4

37 posts
More
why bring back a 4 month old thread?
14th April 2012, 05:17 AM   |  #43  
Account currently disabled
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 30

360 posts
Donate to Me
More
The NFC chip is located in the battery

Sent from my i9250 [GSM) Galaxy Nexus.
Phazenine@Twitter
MouseIDT@Instagram
14th April 2012, 06:17 AM   |  #44  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 119

1,434 posts
More
Not to get to far off topic but I saw some metal battery covers on ebay, has anybody tried these and do they interfere with the NFC
14th April 2012, 03:51 PM   |  #45  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 97

846 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nexus Project

The NFC chip is located in the battery.

No it's not. The chip is in the phone while the antenna is in the battery. There are teardowns that confirm this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg1097

Not to get to far off topic but I saw some metal battery covers on ebay, has anybody tried these and do they interfere with the NFC

They completely kill NFC from what I've heard from people who've used them.
24th April 2012, 04:20 PM   |  #46  
Flag New Brunswick
Thanks Meter: 18

141 posts
More
Just an FYI if you are looking to replace your battery with an NFC battery don't buy from ebay seller http://myworld.ebay.com/liang22211 He claims the battery is OEM and it looks it, has the NFC notation on it but it does not work. Sure looks the part though!
26th April 2012, 03:00 PM   |  #47  
Thanks Meter: 24

441 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester23

Just an FYI if you are looking to replace your battery with an NFC battery don't buy from ebay seller http://myworld.ebay.com/liang22211 He claims the battery is OEM and it looks it, has the NFC notation on it but it does not work. Sure looks the part though!

It says In one of his listing that it is not nfc compatible... It also says noar on the battery, not near

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
26th April 2012, 04:34 PM   |  #48  
Flag New Brunswick
Thanks Meter: 18

141 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neederishelp

It says In one of his listing that it is not nfc compatible... It also says noar on the battery, not near

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I just received an email from him last night refunding my money and advised that he will from now on add that it is not NFC compatible on his ebay listings.

At least he's trying to get legit.
8th November 2012, 01:58 PM   |  #49  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Info 2
Sorry for bringing back this topic, but i just bought a 3150mAh battery from ebay and I was wondering if there can be a way to "rip off" the NFC antenna from the original battery and apply it to this newer one.
By tearing down the original battery, I saw that the antenna is connected into the battery (maybe the other two connectors beside battery's positive and negative?)
8th November 2012, 02:19 PM   |  #50  
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 881

1,142 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ned98

Sorry for bringing back this topic, but i just bought a 3150mAh battery from ebay and I was wondering if there can be a way to "rip off" the NFC antenna from the original battery and apply it to this newer one.
By tearing down the original battery, I saw that the antenna is connected into the battery (maybe the other two connectors beside battery's positive and negative?)

honestly if you are askign this question, you probably should leave the battery alone before you risk injuring yourself

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread