Official Galaxy Nexus Car Dock with TRUE 3-pin functionality! (2012-08-10 Update!)

OP Neo3D

24th July 2012, 06:41 PM   |  #1511  
New York
Thanks Meter: 24

278 posts
More
GSM Car dock Question: Is it possible to get the calls to feed through the audio of the car and not speaker phone? Overall I really like the dock...it is a little big and I had to reconfigure my set-up a bit but works great.
24th July 2012, 09:59 PM   |  #1512  
Thanks Meter: 497

2,470 posts
So I'm gonna guess that my phone with the diztronic case won't fit in the car dock. Has anyone been able to make it work without removing the phone from the case?
24th July 2012, 10:31 PM   |  #1513  
Thanks Meter: 53

386 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablonyc2

GSM Car dock Question: Is it possible to get the calls to feed through the audio of the car and not speaker phone? Overall I really like the dock...it is a little big and I had to reconfigure my set-up a bit but works great.

No its not possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso

So I'm gonna guess that my phone with the diztronic case won't fit in the car dock. Has anyone been able to make it work without removing the phone from the case?

Absolutely not. The dock only fits the phone itself. And even just the phone itself is already snug.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
26th July 2012, 03:22 PM   |  #1514  
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antob125

No our phone, the CDMA Verizon Galaxy Nexus does not have an OFFICIAL Car dock.

This dock is meant for the GSM Galaxy Nexus.

But since CDMA and GSM models are ALMOST identical that's why it works.

Dude it took all of 2 mins for me to carve the volume rocker area to get the phone to sit right. Literally 2 minutes...

Ok Thanks for the advice. Sounds easy enough. You bought the one from the Google Play Store correct?
26th July 2012, 06:01 PM   |  #1515  

386 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hp2point0

Ok Thanks for the advice. Sounds easy enough. You bought the one from the Google Play Store correct?

Yes sir

26th July 2012, 06:44 PM   |  #1516  
Thanks Meter: 11

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hp2point0

I still cant find the exact answer I am looking for. Sorry if this has been answered.

I have the Verizon Galaxy Nexus CDMA Version. Running 4.0.4. It is not rooted, unlocked etc. I have all the standard apps on it. No vehicle docking apps installed, using the standard battery.

Is there a version of the Vehicle dock yet that charges and has the audio port I don't have to use any type of tooling/cutting etc to custimize it to fit. I just want to buy one and have it work lol.

If not... the person that said he cut the plastic a little to make it fit, that doesn't seem to be to hard but I would prefer not to. Any come across one yet?

It really is a very minor mod and currently is the only option if you want a GNX dock that charges, etc.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
26th July 2012, 10:30 PM   |  #1517  
Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 5

108 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keger_

The vehicle dock is back in stock on the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/device...car_dock&hl=en

I just ordered it: $69.09 with tax and two-day shipping (CA). That's 20% of the retail value of the phone, god damn.

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
27th July 2012, 04:47 PM   |  #1518  
Thanks Meter: 15

157 posts
Has anyone taking the pogo pin dock and made a custom mount for it? Like I love the dock but am not wild about the suction cup mount, I might disassemble it and replace the suction cup arm with a metal bracket that I can attach to my car but keep the wiring.
27th July 2012, 06:00 PM   |  #1519  

386 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knolly

Has anyone taking the pogo pin dock and made a custom mount for it? Like I love the dock but am not wild about the suction cup mount, I might disassemble it and replace the suction cup arm with a metal bracket that I can attach to my car but keep the wiring.

Let us know what you do. I was interested in changing the suction cup also just haven't figured out what to do yet.

27th July 2012, 08:18 PM   |  #1520  
Thanks Meter: 23

238 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knolly

I plan on cutting the arm off and fiberglassing/duramixing it in to the a-pillar or radio bezel. Done right and it will look factory. I'm waiting for the heat of summer to subside. Modifying it for a new phone once it's done is easy. Here's my previous work:
Before:

After:

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread