5,605,311 Members 39,076 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official Galaxy Nexus Car Dock with TRUE 3-pin functionality! (2012-08-10 Update!)

Tip us?

schwarznavy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentose457 View Post
I hope nothing but the worst for the ****er that manipulated the rating of the car dock on the Verizon website.

Check it out [link removed].

For my area it shows an over all rating of 5 stars, 2 for ease of use, 1.5 for design, and 5 stars for features! WTF? I sorted the reviews by ratings high to low and there is one 5 star, one 3 star, four 2 star, and sixty four 1 star reviews!

I am insulted. To think that they would change the rating just to spite their paying customers is a ridiculous.
I wrote an email to Verizon about this about a week go. One passage: "The FIVE star rating of the device, then, appears to be deceptive. You are a company that I recently signed up for committing an early termination with T-Mobile. I made this shift because I thought that Verizon would be a better fit for me and my family. In light of this deception I'm beginning to think this decision might have been wrong."

I went on to request two things: they cease deceptive marketing and accurately represent customers reviews or remove the reviews feature; and collaborate with Samsung to provide the product that their customers have been requesting, as evident through the reviews.

I got a personal call from the Verizon employee today. She said that on her browser the stars are not filled in for the mount. While she was on the phone, I went back to the page and saw that they ARE filled in...all lying FIVE of them.

She said she'll check on a personal computer (not one bound by work security settings) and that she'll follow up with the appropriate department to make sure everything is accurately represented on the site.

We'll see ...

nuchdog
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant View Post
Yeah, it is the CDMA/LTE version. Unfortunately, it doesn't help anyone not on Verizon...
Thankyou for that!

BooDaddy
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I posted the link to the car dock on reddit and how Verizon is being deceptive on Reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/technology/c...y_gives_their/

flatlander
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwarznavy View Post
I wrote an email to Verizon about this about a week go. One passage: "The FIVE star rating of the device, then, appears to be deceptive. You are a company that I recently signed up for committing an early termination with T-Mobile. I made this shift because I thought that Verizon would be a better fit for me and my family. In light of this deception I'm beginning to think this decision might have been wrong."

I went on to request two things: they cease deceptive marketing and accurately represent customers reviews or remove the reviews feature; and collaborate with Samsung to provide the product that their customers have been requesting, as evident through the reviews.

I got a personal call from the Verizon employee today. She said that on her browser the stars are not filled in for the mount. While she was on the phone, I went back to the page and saw that they ARE filled in...all lying FIVE of them.

She said she'll check on a personal computer (not one bound by work security settings) and that she'll follow up with the appropriate department to make sure everything is accurately represented on the site.

We'll see ...
schwarznavy, the problem is not that Verizon is manipulating the score total. There is an error on that page; try inspecting the stars element in Chrome.

The "starRatingMd" div has a child with a class of "_1". I thought this looked a little strange, so I looked at some other products that show up correctly. They have classes of "stars_3_5" or "stars_4". So I edited the live element, changed its class to "stars_1", and lo and behold, the mount shows 1 star filled in.

This is almost certainly a bug, and should be reported as such. It's a far cry from manipulation, however.

kami585
Old
(Last edited by kami585; 28th February 2012 at 01:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by elislurry View Post
Are you sure the GSM version wont fit?
I received mine today and it fits the GSM version and can charge. I can't get the audio out to work on stock 4.0.2 though. Anyone got audio out working?

BooDaddy
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by kami585 View Post
I received mine today and it fits the GSM version and can charge. I can't get the audio out to work on stock 4.0.2 though. Anyone got audio out working?
Are you referring to the car dock or the desk dock?

kami585
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry, just re-read. I am talking about the desk dock. Long day

schwarznavy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fucxms View Post
schwarznavy, the problem is not that Verizon is manipulating the score total. There is an error on that page; try inspecting the stars element in Chrome.

The "starRatingMd" div has a child with a class of "_1". I thought this looked a little strange, so I looked at some other products that show up correctly. They have classes of "stars_3_5" or "stars_4". So I edited the live element, changed its class to "stars_1", and lo and behold, the mount shows 1 star filled in.

This is almost certainly a bug, and should be reported as such. It's a far cry from manipulation, however.
Unless the wrong coding was done on purpose. Now that their attention is on it, we'll see if the bug is corrected.

chidychi
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Expansys is giving us two more weeks...

Expansys is reporting that Samsung pushed the release another two weeks.

I think Expansys is just trying to keep us hoping...

Thread

imompero
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dB Zac View Post
That is how I did mine

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Can you give a description on how you did that? i tried programming a nfc tag to put the phone in car mode and nothing happened.