FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

Official Galaxy Nexus Car Dock with TRUE 3-pin functionality! (2012-08-10 Update!)

1,795 posts
Thanks Meter: 243
 
By Neo3D, Senior Member on 16th December 2011, 11:39 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
27th February 2012, 06:33 PM |#461  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentose457

I hope nothing but the worst for the ****er that manipulated the rating of the car dock on the Verizon website.

Check it out [link removed].

For my area it shows an over all rating of 5 stars, 2 for ease of use, 1.5 for design, and 5 stars for features! WTF? I sorted the reviews by ratings high to low and there is one 5 star, one 3 star, four 2 star, and sixty four 1 star reviews!

I am insulted. To think that they would change the rating just to spite their paying customers is a ridiculous.

I wrote an email to Verizon about this about a week go. One passage: "The FIVE star rating of the device, then, appears to be deceptive. You are a company that I recently signed up for committing an early termination with T-Mobile. I made this shift because I thought that Verizon would be a better fit for me and my family. In light of this deception I'm beginning to think this decision might have been wrong."

I went on to request two things: they cease deceptive marketing and accurately represent customers reviews or remove the reviews feature; and collaborate with Samsung to provide the product that their customers have been requesting, as evident through the reviews.

I got a personal call from the Verizon employee today. She said that on her browser the stars are not filled in for the mount. While she was on the phone, I went back to the page and saw that they ARE filled in...all lying FIVE of them.

She said she'll check on a personal computer (not one bound by work security settings) and that she'll follow up with the appropriate department to make sure everything is accurately represented on the site.

We'll see ...
 
 
27th February 2012, 09:24 PM |#462  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant

Yeah, it is the CDMA/LTE version. Unfortunately, it doesn't help anyone not on Verizon...

Thankyou for that!
27th February 2012, 10:00 PM |#463  
Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
I posted the link to the car dock on reddit and how Verizon is being deceptive on Reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/technology/c...y_gives_their/
27th February 2012, 10:05 PM |#464  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwarznavy

I wrote an email to Verizon about this about a week go. One passage: "The FIVE star rating of the device, then, appears to be deceptive. You are a company that I recently signed up for committing an early termination with T-Mobile. I made this shift because I thought that Verizon would be a better fit for me and my family. In light of this deception I'm beginning to think this decision might have been wrong."

I went on to request two things: they cease deceptive marketing and accurately represent customers reviews or remove the reviews feature; and collaborate with Samsung to provide the product that their customers have been requesting, as evident through the reviews.

I got a personal call from the Verizon employee today. She said that on her browser the stars are not filled in for the mount. While she was on the phone, I went back to the page and saw that they ARE filled in...all lying FIVE of them.

She said she'll check on a personal computer (not one bound by work security settings) and that she'll follow up with the appropriate department to make sure everything is accurately represented on the site.

We'll see ...

schwarznavy, the problem is not that Verizon is manipulating the score total. There is an error on that page; try inspecting the stars element in Chrome.

The "starRatingMd" div has a child with a class of "_1". I thought this looked a little strange, so I looked at some other products that show up correctly. They have classes of "stars_3_5" or "stars_4". So I edited the live element, changed its class to "stars_1", and lo and behold, the mount shows 1 star filled in.

This is almost certainly a bug, and should be reported as such. It's a far cry from manipulation, however.
28th February 2012, 12:57 AM |#465  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elislurry

Are you sure the GSM version wont fit?

I received mine today and it fits the GSM version and can charge. I can't get the audio out to work on stock 4.0.2 though. Anyone got audio out working?
Last edited by kami585; 28th February 2012 at 01:06 AM.
28th February 2012, 01:18 AM |#466  
Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kami585

I received mine today and it fits the GSM version and can charge. I can't get the audio out to work on stock 4.0.2 though. Anyone got audio out working?

Are you referring to the car dock or the desk dock?
28th February 2012, 01:27 AM |#467  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Sorry, just re-read. I am talking about the desk dock. Long day
28th February 2012, 01:41 AM |#468  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fucxms

schwarznavy, the problem is not that Verizon is manipulating the score total. There is an error on that page; try inspecting the stars element in Chrome.

The "starRatingMd" div has a child with a class of "_1". I thought this looked a little strange, so I looked at some other products that show up correctly. They have classes of "stars_3_5" or "stars_4". So I edited the live element, changed its class to "stars_1", and lo and behold, the mount shows 1 star filled in.

This is almost certainly a bug, and should be reported as such. It's a far cry from manipulation, however.

Unless the wrong coding was done on purpose. Now that their attention is on it, we'll see if the bug is corrected.
28th February 2012, 01:46 PM |#469  
chidychi's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Dundas
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Expansys is giving us two more weeks...
Expansys is reporting that Samsung pushed the release another two weeks.

I think Expansys is just trying to keep us hoping...

Thread
28th February 2012, 10:10 PM |#470  
imompero's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dB Zac

That is how I did mine

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Can you give a description on how you did that? i tried programming a nfc tag to put the phone in car mode and nothing happened.
29th February 2012, 04:31 PM |#471  
subvertz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bergen
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartadmin

Can you give a description on how you did that? i tried programming a nfc tag to put the phone in car mode and nothing happened.

Try the app NFC ReTag https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
It doesnt change anything on the tag. It recognizes a unique tag and execute actions you set on your device. That way, you can reuse old hotel keycards or even antitheft stickers on clothes you bought.
The Following User Says Thank You to subvertz For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes