Dock First Impressions
Ok I just got home and did some quick test of the dock.
1. Build quality is great, it does not feel like a cheap dock, and for $90 I would expect at least that. No, it does not come with cables but I had already bought some OEM cables and adapters off eBay for like $5.00 so no issue. I am still using the standard battery, which I think gives me plenty of battery life and I use my phone skinless only with a pouch (SPG Crumena) so I cannot comment on the extended battery or skin fittings
2. The dock changes to clock mode when it goes into the dock regardless if it is in timeout mode or screen is on. I didn't find any issues with the phone not going into clock mode when inserted into the dock. If you have it enabled it plays a notification when the phone is docked and undocked.
3. The audio out works fine, I tested it with some head phones. The headphone jack on the phone is covered when dock so you actually have to use that port.
4. Yes, audio will play from the main speakers if nothing is connected to the audio out.
5. No issues with alarms when phone is docked.
6. The phone goes into a landscape mode when the phone is docked, looks kinda like the Tablet ICS, so you can operate your phone docked in landscape mode. This actually does not work when the phone is not docked. This is kinda cool, and it also lines up the icons correctly, something ADW Launcher did not do to well when operating the phone in landscape.
Other than that I'm out $90 but I think it does what I need it to do.
Edit: I am running AOKP 4.0.3 Build 26 Rooted, it seems there maybe some docking issues with the Stock 4.0.2 Build
Last edited by HeCareth; 28th February 2012 at 02:47 AM.