No registration required

Official Samsung Desktop Dock Supports Verizon Model

OP lblacklol

27th February 2012, 08:25 PM   |  #31  
Southern California
Thanks Meter: 50

190 posts
More
Wow that went out of stock quick. Mine is being delivered to the house, so I will post my reactions to the dock sometime this evening.
27th February 2012, 10:45 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Question Extended battery - Samsung rep statement
I'm interested in the dock but now you're saying no power adapted (website says opposite) and I just got off the phone with a Samsung service rep who says the dock only works with a standard battery & cover. This is a cluster...
28th February 2012, 12:11 AM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 2

100 posts
I was watching soom reviews and they said that the external speakers turns off when in the dock
Can someone that has it test the alarm clock and here if it goes off
Thanks

Also does the phone ring if the speakers are off

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium HD app
Last edited by EYEramid; 28th February 2012 at 12:16 AM.
28th February 2012, 02:13 AM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
Has anyone gotten audio out working?
28th February 2012, 02:45 AM   |  #35  
Southern California

190 posts
More
Dock First Impressions
Ok I just got home and did some quick test of the dock.

1. Build quality is great, it does not feel like a cheap dock, and for $90 I would expect at least that. No, it does not come with cables but I had already bought some OEM cables and adapters off eBay for like $5.00 so no issue. I am still using the standard battery, which I think gives me plenty of battery life and I use my phone skinless only with a pouch (SPG Crumena) so I cannot comment on the extended battery or skin fittings

2. The dock changes to clock mode when it goes into the dock regardless if it is in timeout mode or screen is on. I didn't find any issues with the phone not going into clock mode when inserted into the dock. If you have it enabled it plays a notification when the phone is docked and undocked.

3. The audio out works fine, I tested it with some head phones. The headphone jack on the phone is covered when dock so you actually have to use that port.

4. Yes, audio will play from the main speakers if nothing is connected to the audio out.

5. No issues with alarms when phone is docked.

6. The phone goes into a landscape mode when the phone is docked, looks kinda like the Tablet ICS, so you can operate your phone docked in landscape mode. This actually does not work when the phone is not docked. This is kinda cool, and it also lines up the icons correctly, something ADW Launcher did not do to well when operating the phone in landscape.

Other than that I'm out $90 but I think it does what I need it to do.

Edit: I am running AOKP 4.0.3 Build 26 Rooted, it seems there maybe some docking issues with the Stock 4.0.2 Build
Last edited by HeCareth; 28th February 2012 at 03:47 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to HeCareth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2012, 02:55 AM   |  #36  
Forum Moderator
Flag Roseville, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,591

3,958 posts
More
That's weird about it going into car mode instead of desk mode like the nexus one. I wonder if that was the software problem Samsung purportedly talked about. Hopefully it will be addressed in an update. I'm anxiously awaiting mine from expansys for my GSM version.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
28th February 2012, 03:01 AM   |  #37  
Southern California

190 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Daddy

That's weird about it going into car mode instead of desk mode like the nexus one. I wonder if that was the software problem Samsung purportedly talked about. Hopefully it will be addressed in an update. I'm anxiously awaiting mine from expansys for my GSM version.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

The phone does not go into car mode when docked. It goes into desk mode, which basically just shows a clock, which can be dimmed by tapping on the screen.
28th February 2012, 03:03 AM   |  #38  
New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 104

252 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeCareth

The phone does not go into car mode when docked. It goes into desk mode, which basically just shows a clock, which can be dimmed by tapping on the screen.

Are you stock or using one of the new ROMs?

4.0.2 is hit/miss on docking on VZW, and it will usually trigger car mode when it does go.
28th February 2012, 03:15 AM   |  #39  
Southern California

190 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alee

Are you stock or using one of the new ROMs?

4.0.2 is hit/miss on docking on VZW, and it will usually trigger car mode when it does go.

Interesting point, I am not stock. I'm running AOKP 4.03 Build 26, so that could make a difference. So maybe 4.03 fixed some docking issues in 4.0.2.
The Following User Says Thank You to HeCareth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2012, 03:23 AM   |  #40  
New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 104

252 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeCareth

Interesting point, I am not stock. I'm running AOKP 4.03 Build 26, so that could make a difference. So maybe 4.03 fixed some docking issues in 4.0.2.

And now we know why there are still no pogo accessories from VZW. The accessories have been ready for a while... pogo pin compatibility didn't work until 4.0.3.

The fact that accessories are starting to show with pogo pins probably suggests 4.0.4 release is near.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread