Official VZW extended battery w/ stock cover

Search This thread

Krog216

Aug 11, 2012
Hey all,

I have the VZW GNexus, and I'm thinking about buying the 2100mAh battery for a bit more battery life out of it. I already have two portable chargers(one 6000mAh, another 3000mAh. What? I don't like running out of power. :p ), but I'd like to be able to last just a bit longer before needing to charge. Now, the problem is, I also managed to get my hands on the special back cover with the design that was given out to Google employees during Christmas 2012, and I'd hate to have to get rid of it. Could anyone with the official extended battery tell me if the stock cover will fit with the extended battery in?

Thanks!

jimmyco2008

Dec 12, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
I have that now kind of, extended battery and stock case, but broke the bottom right clip trying to get it on... It puts stress on the clips for sure, be careful.... Wouldn't wanna hurt that limited edition cover lol

Edit: took the case off that was holding the battery cover on more or less, it stays on now, the broken clip doesn't make it stick out, it's in somehow... But it bulges a little, I don't have another cam to post a pic unfortunately...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
W

WiredPirate

The VZW OEM EXT battery works perfect in the OB Commuter with no door. If that is something you are interesting in.

My next project is to dremel the hard plastic on the inside of the Defender to fit one of those fat third party batteries with all that supposed extra juice. I have read guides on how to do this in sub forums for other devices. If all goes well the soft rubber that goes on the outside of the Defender holds in the battery with minimal bulge. Will report back after I attempt this. :)

crowmallet

Dec 12, 2010
Right behind you
Hey all,

I have the VZW GNexus, and I'm thinking about buying the 2100mAh battery for a bit more battery life out of it. I already have two portable chargers(one 6000mAh, another 3000mAh. What? I don't like running out of power. :p ), but I'd like to be able to last just a bit longer before needing to charge. Now, the problem is, I also managed to get my hands on the special back cover with the design that was given out to Google employees during Christmas 2012, and I'd hate to have to get rid of it. Could anyone with the official extended battery tell me if the stock cover will fit with the extended battery in?

Thanks!

I'm not sure how people are saying the stock back fits with the verizon extended battery. I bought the extended vzw battery and backplate when i bought my phone. The original backplate partially snaps on, at the top and bottom of the phone. the sides will not snap shut due to the slight increase in battery thickness.

I also have bought an anker battery (amazon) that is rated at 2200 mah. It is identical in size to the stock 1850 battery and fits perfectly under the original backplate. the downside is that this battery is designed for the tmobile galaxysS2 and does not have the nfc chip (not an issue for me as i do not use it anyway). I will provide the link to the battery below that also includes a wall charger. For 20 dollars you get the two batteries and the wall charger. I'd say the battery life of these ankers are less than the verizon 2100 mah but certainly more than the oem 1850.

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Batteri...&qid=1362421935&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+verizon

tl;dr: the vzw 2100mah will not fit behind stock backplate. these anker ones will and are a good deal.

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
God I love that Google battery door. Show a pic!

The stock extended battery most certainly fits under the standard battery door. It has a tiny bulge but works fine no mod needed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Krog216

Aug 11, 2012
Reactions: jfriend33

Top Liked Posts