Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

My opinion about a 4000 mAh mugen battery

OP Stizzo89

6th June 2012, 01:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Senigallia
Thanks Meter: 2

22 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello guys, I would like to tell you my opinion about a battery that I had the chance to try. I'm talking about a battery produced by Mugen for Samsung Galaxy Nexus, with a capacity of 4000 mAh (more than double of normal rate).
Usually I'm used to use the smartphone with many apps in the background (WhatsApp, Dropbox, Beautiful widget and many other) and i often run games, especially in down time of the day. Im also linked to a carrier that has only 3G. Before attempting the battery I used to utilize three batteries so i can change eachother when the current one is downloaded.
With the Mugen's 4000 mAh battery i have found no problems to arrive safely at the end of the day, even when I spend hours playing.
In addition, the cover included in the package greatly improves the grip (im serius!).
I've tried it for 5-6 days but if you want to get more details, statistics and screenshots you can view this video review (in Italian)
You can buy it from www.mugen-power-batteries.com
Last edited by Stizzo89; 6th June 2012 at 01:37 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stizzo89 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th June 2012, 12:21 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

21 posts
More
Does this battery maintain NFC ability? I've seen some extended batteries that don't and some that do.

Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
7th June 2012, 01:27 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 8

24 posts
Glad to see you got through the day. I bought a cheap 3800mah battery off ebay for my nexus and I don't think it did any better than the 2100mah extended battery. :-/
That pop out stand seems useful too.
7th June 2012, 01:28 PM   |  #4  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 726

3,209 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRJ_87

Does this battery maintain NFC ability? I've seen some extended batteries that don't and some that do.

Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Would like to know this also please. I would like to invest in a battery either as replacement or backup but would like to keep nfc so my phone can have sex with the sgs 3

Sent from my GNex
The Following User Says Thank You to dr.m0x For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th June 2012, 02:28 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 58

505 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveEuro

Glad to see you got through the day. I bought a cheap 3800mah battery off ebay for my nexus and I don't think it did any better than the 2100mah extended battery. :-/
That pop out stand seems useful too.

bah...i just did the same thing, though i still dont have either the battery or the phone yet. i'll report back when i get both.
7th June 2012, 02:50 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 27

153 posts
More
I have used the Seidio extended batteries since my Dinc days and I love them. The 3800 monster for gnex does have nfc and it'll last for days with my SlimICS rom.highly recommended. The casing leaves a lot to be desired but its totally worth it for me for battery life.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
7th June 2012, 02:58 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 8

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk_ln

bah...i just did the same thing, though i still dont have either the battery or the phone yet. i'll report back when i get both.

You get what you pay for... :-/
I just wanted to believe it was better... but my Screen On time was no better than extended OEM.
Last edited by DriveEuro; 7th June 2012 at 03:04 PM.
7th June 2012, 07:19 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 58

505 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveEuro

You get what you pay for... :-/
I just wanted to believe it was better... but my Screen On time was no better than extended OEM.

sometimes you get better than what you pay for . I recall getting a cheap 1800mah battery for my i9000 and it definitely lasted longer than the OEM one.
7th June 2012, 09:49 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.m0x

Would like to know this also please. I would like to invest in a battery either as replacement or backup but would like to keep nfc so my phone can have sex with the sgs 3

Sent from my GNex

The Mugen Power 4000 Mah supports NFC. A larger backcover is included.
The back cover has a kick-stand, this is great for watching video's.

The only disadvantage with the new backcover is that you cannot change backcovers too often. This is due to the vurnable "holding pins"

I have my 4000 Mah for about a month now, and it is awesome! The battery lasts 2,5 day's with heavy usage. Now I just have to find a way to cut out the back of my cardock in a proper way to fit the larger backcover.
12th June 2012, 11:30 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member
Flag Senigallia
Thanks Meter: 2

22 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sorry for late reply! The battery is NFC compatible, i've tested it with another phone and it works!
It can totally replace the original battery

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread