Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,117 Members 46,890 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Otterbox Defender Review

Tip us?

Geekbabe
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I picked up a Defender because I didn't want to leave this phone totally unprotected. The case fits snugly and looks like it will give solid protection..however ( there's always a but I don't care for the screen protector, it makes text a bit blurry, the Defender also makes the phone rather bulky.

I'll use this case during the work week but will be looking for something slimmer & more elegant for weekends & special events.

android01
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekbabe View Post
I picked up a Defender because I didn't want to leave this phone totally unprotected. The case fits snugly and looks like it will give solid protection..however ( there's always a but I don't care for the screen protector, it makes text a bit blurry, the Defender also makes the phone rather bulky.

I'll use this case during the work week but will be looking for something slimmer & more elegant for weekends & special events.
i totally agree, I ended up removing the built in defender screen protector with goo gone and applied my own screen protector to the surface glass.

Much better now

rault18
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekbabe View Post

Sgp neohybrid is as elegant as it gets. Check it out

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
If any of my reviews help you please click the thanks button!

Check my Galaxy s2, galaxy nexus, macbook,CES 2012 , gopro reviews :
http://www.youtube.com/rault18

kaotikb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am using the otterbox commuter case with the seidio active holster... works great.

gkeihl
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I just bought a defender, and am loving it, just a! Question. On the otter box site, some have said it fits with the Samsung extended battery. Can anyone confirm this? It does seem to have a little play with the OEM battery so I'm hoping it will.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

rault18
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 338
The GSM yes the lte I cant confirm

If any of my reviews help you please click the thanks button!

Check my Galaxy s2, galaxy nexus, macbook,CES 2012 , gopro reviews :
http://www.youtube.com/rault18

nfederic
Old
Thanks Meter 32
It does fit with the extended.

nfederic
Old
Thanks Meter 32
That sucks that the member above had such a bad experience with this case. I have to think that somehow that particular case was defective. My Nexus doesn't move around one bit, even with the standard size battery. No movement at all. I also show no signs of wear whatsoever around the earpiece and ff camera. I've used this case almost exclusively since December 23rd.

davidstech11
Old
Thanks Meter 38
I used the Defender series with my Galaxy Nexus with extended battery and it fits. Although, I too thought about removing the screen protector. It seems to take away from the screen vibrancy. I never liked or used screen protectors and dont like it on my case.

Tags
defender, galaxy nexus, otterbox, protective case