Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] New battery Maguro: where are we at?

OP dekraan

9th December 2014, 09:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

76 posts
Hi all,

I've been looking around for a new phone for about a month now, with one main goal: to get a better battery life than my Samsung Galaxy Nexus (maguro) provides. I would really love to find a phone that I would not have to charge every day, like in the good old days of my Nokia 3210! The screen could be a bit bigger, but thats a secundary goal....

I am finding it very, very hard to make a choice. Of course there are phones out there that can give me more power (and bigger), like the Lenovo K920, the Huawei Ascend Mate7 or the Sony Xperia Z3, but they also cost around 400 euro's. I understand these prices, because these phones also give you a bigger screen, with more pixels, a better camera, more RAM and ROM and a faster processor etc. But actually, at the moment, I don't really need all of that. I am content with the size of my gnex, I use it to browse, whatsapp and occasionally to stream something to my tv. I don't play big games or use a lot of social media. And thanks to FML, I can almost get a stock version of Lollipop on my gnex, which is nice.

Can't I just buy a bigger battery and be done with it for a while, make it last another 6 months? I still have the stock 1750 mAh battery in my gnex it came with, there must be something better available?

I have 3 questions:
1) what is the best battery replacement at the moment that fits inside the original gnex backdoor?
2) what are my options if I am willing to settle for a backdoor that is a bit bigger?

3) are there any smartphones out there that focus solely on battery life? I haven't found them, but there surely must be a market for a smartphone that has a great battery life, and a decent (average) camera, screenquality, processor etc?
The Following User Says Thank You to dekraan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, gnex, maguro
Previous Thread Next Thread