[Review] 2100 mAH Extended Battery (Verizon Model)

OP Meticode

18th October 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 90

447 posts
More
Just a quick review of this extended battery. I've had my Galaxy Nexus (Verizon) for over two years now on the same battery. Recently the battery started going bad not being able to have more than 1.25h of on screen time. So I went onto Amazon and bought the official extended battery from Samsung that is rated at 2100 (versus the 1850 the stock phone comes with) with the extended back cover as well.

The results have been pretty good. I consider myself a light user. When I'm at work and I don't have access to my phone I turn wifi and data completely off. I only use data when I have my phone physically on me and I'm out and about. If I'm at home I'll turn data off and keep wifi on. I don't let the phone auto-switch to which antenna to use because it just uses battery (and as well know the phone sucks battery) constantly scanning for those signals.

There's barely any difference in size with the extended battery and cover. It feels a little more beefy in the hand, but I still love holding the phone.

Also if you're curious what ROM I'm using, I'm using CM10.1.3 (4.2.2). I used 4.4.4 CM11 for a long time and the battery life on that just sucks really bad. Also the performance takes a hit. I decided to downgrade to the last official Android version that's been released for this phone and it's pretty smooth with conservative battery use.

This is what I bought: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-ETC-I5...attery+verizon

Anyway here are the results of medium use through the day...

Last edited by Meticode; 18th October 2014 at 03:15 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meticode For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread