Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,052 Members 44,376 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rearth RingKe slim case

Tip us?

Gja88
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackasaur View Post
I highly doubt this but I was wondering if the ringke slim case would ft if I had a full body invisibleshield in?
No way it would fit IMO. The case is super tight without the full body, can't imagine even trying to make it fit with a full body. The case is so close to the phone, which makes it keep the slimness

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

kdma
Old
Thanks Meter 3
for those who were waiting like me, the matte black INT edition has been restocked and i just ordered one!

Memnoch30
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdma View Post
for those who were waiting like me, the matte black INT edition has been restocked and i just ordered one!
The day after I get the white one since I couldn't wait. Sigh.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Stock Nexus 5

sn0warmy
Old
(Last edited by sn0warmy; 24th April 2012 at 11:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 794
For those who purchased the metallic version, how is it holding up? Are you noticing any scratching or scuffing from every day use?

I've been using the matte black Ringke Slim on my GSM Nexus for about 3 months now and while it does an excellent job of preventing scratches or finger prints, I'm noticing that the matte finish is starting to wear off along the front edges. Since I love the case so much I was looking into purchasing another one.

After viewing detailed pictures of the metalic one HERE, I am really considering going this route since the color seems to match perfectly.

However, before I pull the trigger I would like to hear how the metallic is holding up for those of you who have had it for at least a month.

Thanks for the input!
Current
LG G3 (D851)

Previous
Nexus 5 // Nexus 4 // Galaxy Nexus // Nexus One

Dregur
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Question...

Can you take off the rubber grommets that are on the bottom of the case? It's really the only thing that's preventing me from buying this case. I just don't like them.

xl DIGITAL lx
Old
Thanks Meter 316

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dregur View Post
Can you take off the rubber grommets that are on the bottom of the case? It's really the only thing that's preventing me from buying this case. I just don't like them.
Yes you can.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Google Nexus
Rom: AOKP

Kenorn
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Default Trying to choose...

Trying to choose between Ringke Slim Case Matte Black for GSM or SPG Ultra Hybrid Black. Help!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Samsung-Googl...#ht_7722wt_905

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Matte-Black-S...t_10278wt_1064

Anyone with experience on these 2 cases?

Memnoch30
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I have both and they are my two favorite cases. I'm using the slim now because it adds very little bulk, but use the sgp if I think the chances of any damage are higher. So for home and office use I carry the slim, if I need to go to a site or go biking or running, I put on the sgp.

That said, the slim makes the phone almost feel naked and I love love love that feeling, but when I'm using the sgp I feel like I don't need to baby or worry about the phone so much which is also Nice. You go with either the sexier one or the more protective one. I have been using the slim now without taking it off for more than two weeks now though...hm

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Stock Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to Memnoch30 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sn0warmy
Old
Thanks Meter 794
How is the metallic version holding up for those who have purchased it? Does it show scratches easily?

I want to switch from the matte black to the metallic but I'm afraid of it getting all beat up too quickly.
Current
LG G3 (D851)

Previous
Nexus 5 // Nexus 4 // Galaxy Nexus // Nexus One

krze
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I have the arctic white slim case from Rearth and love it. I never been a case person, I had the droid x since launch and never put a case on it. (it is pretty beat up lol) The ringke slim case adds like zero bulk. Very slim and the fit is pretty amazing. I have the LTE model with extended battery, fit is perfect, like a glove. This may not be the most protective case but it looks damn good on the phone and it will protect it from minor falls/scratches.

My Pros:
Fit is amazing.
Very slim and adds close to no bulk.
Works with my extended battery.
Loving the rubber caps for the usb/headphone jack. (also removable)
Sexy, looks really good.

My Cons:
Price is steep for a slim case.
Not the best protection case. (but will do)

Highly recommended for GN users looking for a slim case.
Galaxy Nexus - i515 - (AOKP 4.2.2 / leanKernal 6.0)
↪ Ringke Slim Case (White) ↩

Retired: DroidX // Galaxy Tab 10.1