Tip us?

jt.one
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Phone [Review] CaseMate POP!

Just wanted to offer my 2 cents on a case i recently bought:
CaseMate POP! via AMAZON

Now this version [CM020099] is the updated revision of [CM017311], i'll address the changes below.
( all images are clickable to enlarge! )

Click image for larger version

Name:	case.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	1710317Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	818
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	1710318
Very decorative interior design and the overall exterior design is easy on the eyes.

Name:	back.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	1710319Click image for larger version

Name:	logo.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	1710320
Back design is composed of a hard plastic [white area] and rubber [grey area] side grips.
A close-up of the CASE-MATE logo shows that its a very subtle logo for those who don't hate manufacturers SHOVING THEIR LOGOS IN YOUR FACE LIKE THIS.

Name:	pwr butt.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	1710325Click image for larger version

Name:	vol butt.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	1710326
The layovers extend outward for the PWR and VOL buttons and are excellent to the touch, they provide perfect tactile feedback with a super addictive clicky response.
Though I did wish the VOL buttons were separated into UP and DOWN buttons individually.

Name:	camera slot.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	1710327Click image for larger version

Name:	speaker slot.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	1710331Click image for larger version

Name:	bottom slot.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	1710328
A deep cutout for the camera so you won't have to worry about scratching any part of that.
This revision has the top hole cutout for the noise-cancellation mic (the previous revision did not have this hole).
The slot for the speaker is cut perfectly and deep as well.
You can see cutouts for the microUSB slot, bottom mic and headphones. Now the headphones that i tried had jacks that were a bit on the thinner side (sennheiser, sony, apple) and they fit just fine, but it MIGHT have trouble fitting headphones with HUGE jacks.

Name:	usb.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	1710332Click image for larger version

Name:	lip.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	1710333
As you can see my microUSB cable(GSM stock from google play store) fits perfectly, with room to spare. (the previous revision had trouble fitting in a majority of different sized microUSB cables).
I also tried my nexus 7 microUSB cable, different motorola microUSB cables as well as a variety of generic microUSB cables i had lying around; they all fit easily.
And lastly, hopefully you can notice that the case provides a rather decent sized lip around the front of the case that allows you to have the phone facing downward without worrying about scratches.

Summary / TL;DR
  • Adds quite the bulk and girth to the phone.
  • I personally wish I was able to find a fixed revision in a black/grey colorway.
  • The Grey side grips are a very smooth rubbery material that provides rather decent grip on the device.
  • The price is a bit high, but it's not bad considering the quality imo.
  • Even though the amazon link says it is for the verizon [toro] and sprint [toro plus] versions, it fits my gsm [maguro] pretty damn near perfectly, so don't worry!

Feel free to ask me any questions I didn't answer .
hit that thanks button if i've helped you in any way, shape, or form!

>passion user
>maguro user
>grouper user
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jt.one For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alxrock
Old
Thanks Meter 431

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Review] CaseMate POP!

Great review. I love the detailed pics. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my Nexus 7

The Following User Says Thank You to alxrock For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

2manycells
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Re: [Review] CaseMate POP!

I bought this case earlier in the year after my otterbox defender case broke. I really like the looks, and the bulk is not to bad. But its definitely not for those who like slim cases.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
Tags
case, casemate, galaxy, gsm, nexus