Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 42,862 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ringke Listened! Slim Cases for us Verizon (Extended) Nexus Users

Tip us?

BaNkS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 8857
put a piece of tape on the top corners before you put the case on and it will prevent the scratches everyone is getting from the slim case.

sway40
Old
Thanks Meter 192
Is the white case as slippery as the metallic one? I like the metallic case, but its really slippery thinking about getting white.

~Sent from my GNexus running Aokp~
Galaxy Note II
Jelly Bean's Rom // Perseus Kernel // Nova Prime

Galaxy Nexus LTE

Nexus 7
Nova prime // Franco kernel

Nexus 10 (Stock)

Nexus 4
Carbon Rom // Franco kernel // Nova prime // 4g enabled

Aerogriff
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by sway40 View Post
Is the white case as slippery as the metallic one? I like the metallic case, but its really slippery thinking about getting white.

~Sent from my GNexus running Aokp~
I don't think its very slick, you can feel a little slickness, but I don't ever worry about dropping it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
HTC One X

HTC Flyer
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerogriff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dco717
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I got my case looks good feels good...so is the screen protector better or worse that the ones they sell at verizon

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

NCRoadster
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Modified mine so it works with my Hyperion extended battery. :)

PS: I suck at dremeling.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333228131.938787.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	975608

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333228153.270061.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	975609
The Following User Says Thank You to NCRoadster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

question.com
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Got mine yesterday. Amazing! Blows the diztronic case out of the water. Also applied the screen protector. I can't even tell its on.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Maldito21
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Great case!

I've been following this thread because I wanted a case with minimal bulk and keep my phone looking as original as possible. I order the metallic color off of amazon because Rearth website said they were currently out of stock (for some reason they, Rearth, was selling it on amazon though, go figure) and it looks great! I'll be honest, the pictures of the metallic case does not look half as good as it does in person. I was thinking about going with the black or white case but I heard great things about the metallic color so I decided to give it a shot and I am really happy I did. If you look quickly the phone looks bare, almost like there is no case at all on it. Not sure how well the phone will be protected honestly but then again I don't go around throwing my phone everywhere plus I have the insurance. I highly recommend this case. I ordered mine on Wednesday and I got it today (Saturday), so it took about 4 days which was a lot better than I expected. Overall a great choice, thanks for all the feedback guys, it was a big help in my decision making.

mwalt2
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1497
Is anyone able to compare the Ringkey Slim case with the Seidio Surface case? I'm curious if they are similar in size once on the phone. Thanks.

cheko_lokz
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I just place an order for my nexus<3! ^_^
Now i cant wait........

mozy420s
Old
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=NCRoadster;24282217]Modified mine so it works with my Hyperion extended battery. :)

PS: I suck at dremeling.

Nah. Nice job with this mod. I have the matte black one and I've been experimenting with grip tape strips since I it's a bit slippery (compared to the seidio active).