5,599,135 Members 35,342 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tmobile Samsung Galaxy S II battery same size as Galaxy Nexus LTE battery!! *2/28*

Tip us?

xXJay_RXx
Old
Thanks Meter 498
I have ordered one of those too. But it says it will take like mid next month to test out. So it will take some time :/

kjwalker
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Buying one of these to try out. I like having a spare charged battery in my wallet in case I ever need it. When my phone's dead, I feel lost to the world. Will post when I receive/test it.
Phone: OG Droid (CM7) >> Galaxy Nexus (ParanoidAndroid, franco.Kernel)
Tablet: Kindle Fire (ParanoidAndroid)

zeppelin101
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I absolutely cannot wait for the outcome, kjwalker

zeppelin101
Old
Thanks Meter 11
b-b-b-bump!

bethanensinger
Old
Thanks Meter 30
anyone checked this out http://www.wirelessground.com/samsun...y-battery.html
dont know how it would fit in an back cover though

gogreenbay07
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm interested in this http://www.ebay.com/itm/3x-1850mAh-B...ht_2899wt_1163 but I feel a lot more comfortable using OEM batteries. I already have the extended battery from verizon and the one that came with it so I should be good for now
Current Phone
-Samsung Galaxy Nexus - CM9 nightly - Franco.Kernal
-Invisishield and otterbox commuter for when I need a little more protection

Past Phones
-Blackberry Storm (lag)
-Samsung Fascinate (loved it)
-HTC Thunderbolt (2 hour battery wtf?)
-Droid Charge (no aosp :()
-Droid Razr (too thin to be comfortable)
The Following User Says Thank You to gogreenbay07 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kjwalker
Old
Thanks Meter 39
My battery will be here sometime in the next week (02/08/12 - 02/15/12) per eBay. We will seeeee.
Phone: OG Droid (CM7) >> Galaxy Nexus (ParanoidAndroid, franco.Kernel)
Tablet: Kindle Fire (ParanoidAndroid)

hoorrus
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo3D View Post

I think the Galaxy Nexus battery sellers are totally gouging people and marking up "Galaxy Nexus" batteries because it's for a "flagship" phone! So, we can save some money by buying SGS 2 batteries since they both look pretty much identical and are the same!

These ones look like they would fit perfect! And cost only ~$4 each compared to the "Galaxy Nexus" batteries which costs $18 each!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3x-1850mAh-B...ht_2899wt_1163

They even have the NFC Antenna built in!!
Just an FYI, i have an I777 and ordered similar batteries that said they have NFC but didn't. So don't expect for your batteries to have NFC; however, i can say that they do deliver on backup time.

meental
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Looks like the Sprint Galaxy S II battery should work with the LTE GN as well! Anyone wanna be the first to test this out?
I will check this out later tonight, my gf has sprint sgs2
The Following User Says Thank You to meental For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theeulogy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Anyone wanna buy one of these and test them out?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1850mAh-Li-i...ht_2884wt_1396

$3 + $1 s/h = $4

notice that it says: "noar field communication"

this could still have the NFC and be a type-o or it could not have the NFC. We won't know until someone buys it and tests it. I may buy it myself in a few weeks. I just bought 2 x hyperions for way too expensive ($18 each!) and those don't have NFC for sure.

If not having NFC is no big deal to you, it might be worth buying one to test. Don't forget to let the community know!
Got one of these batteries today in the mail, seems to work just fine. I will try the NFC capability
out tomorrow and post the results, or if anyone knows how to test it on the phone let me know. Hard to beat a $4 OEM battery!

The Following User Says Thank You to theeulogy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]