5,605,250 Members 37,961 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone know where to buy the Pogo Desktop Dock?

Tip us?

ziffbam
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Anyone know where to buy the Pogo Desktop Dock?

Now that the Nexus 4 is out, it looks like Google is no longer selling the Galaxy Nexus pogo dock. Does anyone know where I should look without being charged an arm and a leg?
The Following User Says Thank You to ziffbam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Slupie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziffbam View Post
Now that the Nexus 4 is out, it looks like Google is no longer selling the Galaxy Nexus pogo dock. Does anyone know where I should look without being charged an arm and a leg?
eBay, search the topic and you will find pages of discussions and attempts to find the docks from google and/or Samsung

jimmyco2008
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Yeah haha ^

You will be charged an arm and a leg, though. And Verizon ones tend to be more expensive. The docks originally cost $90 new, and now people can sell theirs and make at least that, auctions on eBay can take it up to $120+ and they only pop up every few days.

Best bet is to pounce on a buy it now as soon as possible, then you'd only have to pay $80 or so. Just make sure it's the Verizon dock if you have the VZW GalNex and vice versa.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

poexone
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I am looking to get one too. I don't want to buy the one of ebay. Anyone willing to part with their GSM pogo dock if they aren't using it? :P I'll offer $40. Or any tips on where I can get a used one in working condition? Amazon doesn't have any, Play obviously doesn't have them on sale anymore. Found a few with bundles on swappa, but seller wouldn't sell it separately. Ebay as mentioned above is shipping from UK and it comes out to like $90 with shipping.

Sdobron
Old
Thanks Meter 346

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Anyone know where to buy the Pogo Desktop Dock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poexone View Post
I am looking to get one too. I don't want to buy the one of ebay. Anyone willing to part with their GSM pogo dock if they aren't using it? :P I'll offer $40. Or any tips on where I can get a used one in working condition? Amazon doesn't have any, Play obviously doesn't have them on sale anymore. Found a few with bundles on swappa, but seller wouldn't sell it separately. Ebay as mentioned above is shipping from UK and it comes out to like $90 with shipping.
If you want one be ready to put up $90. I got lucky and found a new one for $85ish shipping from Japan

tomtecs
Old
(Last edited by tomtecs; 23rd February 2013 at 02:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
PM me if anyone is interested in getting a brand new one.

For GSM version only.

Cheers,
Tom
The Following User Says Thank You to tomtecs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sdobron
Old
Thanks Meter 346

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtecs View Post
PM me if anyone is interested in getting a brand new one.

For GSM version only.

Cheers,
Tom
And that's where I got mine ^ recommend him highly!

username8611
Old
Thanks Meter 171

DONATE TO ME
I'm embarrassed at what I paid for mine, and that was a used one on ebay plus I had to modify it for the toro. I needed it though I've been using a dock on my phones every night for the past few years and wasn't about to give that up. Trust me, these things are damn near extinct and the people who have them know that.

itsmontoya
Old
Thanks Meter 5
MonoPrice has a nice adaptor for the Galaxy Nexus. I can't post links yet (under 10 posts), but it's product ID 9291

I was thinking about making a dock that uses the internals from that part.

jimmyco2008
Old
Thanks Meter 96

I saw a Verizon Pogo dock going for $180 on eBay the other day... Ugh I hate price gougers...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app