XO Skins Installed looks beautiful + coupon

Search This thread

stretched

Jul 9, 2011
Most stuff I get on it kind of just wipes away at least a lot easier than bare glass. I don't let much build up though. I take a chlorox wipe to my phone at least once a week, bit of a germophobe. The use the spray that came with it to shine it up. It's just water and dish soap.

Asd0r

Jun 5, 2011
I have just installed the XO Skin full body protection and I'm very happy with it:
  • no orange peel
  • the phone seems to be more robust
  • the screen is very responsive

The only thing that I don't like is that the protection does not cover the side part near the volume button and near the power one. :(

Reactions: MohinderJaBardi

cee-ach

Aug 10, 2012
I used an XO skin for almost a year without any issues at all but when I sent it in for warranty to repair my screen they had to peel it off. I decided to buy another XO skin when I got my phone back but now I'm noticing these vertical rainbow lines on the right half of my screen that are really noticeable on whites. I've given it over a week to settle in after installing now but it's not going away and really bothering me when I'm watching videos. Is anyone else getting these rainbow lines? Will they go away if I wait longer or did I get a messed up one?

winsettr

Oct 26, 2010
I've had the exact same issue, had mine installed for 5 months without change, petty sure it's defective; I got a replacement but I've been too busy to change it...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cee-ach

Aug 10, 2012
I've had the exact same issue, had mine installed for 5 months without change, petty sure it's defective; I got a replacement but I've been too busy to change it...

Did you just buy a new replacement or did XO skins provide you with a free one? did you have to ship the original one back if they replaced it?

winsettr

Oct 26, 2010
They sent me a replacement when I sent them an email asking if it was normal. I've noticed a few posts back, though, that people were having trouble getting a response from them, not sure if that still persists today...

Reactions: cee-ach

cee-ach

Aug 10, 2012
Sweeet. They responded my message within a day and said they'll send me a new one right away.

stretched

Jul 9, 2011
There is a review in the Nexus 4 sectionhttp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1980931&page=9 I have one now, was thinking of going back to the s3, but now I'll just wait till april for the s4.

Reactions: MohinderJaBardi

Beauenheim

Sep 12, 2012
Google Pixel
Google Pixel XL
I went the cheap route and am using a 3 dollar xtremeguard full body application. use coupon 70off

Personally I like it a lot better than the XO skin I had.

Unfortunately I was not careful and used way too much solution on the side apply and I got some water on my volume rocker, still works for the most part, just rarely misses a click (Can be avoided, that was user error)

stretched

Jul 9, 2011
It's the best wet one I have tested. I got a xg and returned it a long time ago because the design for the back didnt fit. XO also doesn't have orange peel like other wet style ones. The pics I have at the beginning of the thread show what I mean.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My install is now done and dried. Check it out

xoinstall.jpg

Also here is a 20% off coupon they just posted on twitter https://twitter.com/xoskins

Last week before Christmas! Here is a 20% Off coupon for you, our valued customers. Please share this code with anyone who loves their gadgets xochristmas20 for use at http://xoskins.com/

It's super simple to install. Fits perfectly with no orange peel

Their video as well. (Finally figured out how to post this.)

Added dslr pics from StonedImmaculate

xoskins48.jpg

Macro pics of case fit Thanks randpost
    DSCN1186.jpg

DSCN1185.jpg

DSCN1183.jpg
    use this code
    labor50today for 50% off your purchase of any XO Skins product

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    I ordered mine Saturday with $3 off (byublue) hoping to get it soon. This cut to fit one that comes from costco blows lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App
    i found out a trick to get the least amount of orange peel :

0 - REMOVE THE BATTERY

1 - apply the solution to the screen protector

2 - SLIDE it into position

3 - don't squeegee the solution just let it dry

4 - 12 hours and you are good to go

with this method it is very easy , fast , least amount of orange peel and dust
    Yep spots are still there next morning...I was super careful when I applied this and still got something under the screen. I guess I'll just get Ghost Armor.

what you should have done is taken a shower in a room and attempt putting the protector on after the shower because the humidity settles the dust.

you can try ghost armor, but you'll get the same results.