Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,801 Members 40,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

XO Skins Installed looks beautiful + coupon

Tip us?

Hinouchi
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Anyone knows the difference with full body screen protector and the regular screen protector? I know for case fit, they trimmed the edge a bit.
Galaxy Nexus JELLY BEAN

♦ my Touch 4G ♦ SECRET

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/gaMWis5l

PM me if you've sign up, I'll do the same for you~

PSUFINN
Old
(Last edited by PSUFINN; 15th June 2012 at 07:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinouchi View Post
Anyone knows the difference with full body screen protector and the regular screen protector? I know for case fit, they trimmed the edge a bit.
Full body includes separate pieces for the battery cover and the sides of the phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to PSUFINN For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SeauxCrazy
Old
Thanks Meter 22
whenever I click on "go to checkout", just gives me a blank white page

Side Note: I really wanted to like the white, but the gaps showing the gray are nasty looking imo.

billykxda
Old
Thanks Meter 169
As a PSA on XO Skins for runners...

First off, I've used a ton of screen protectors on my smartphones over the years and XO is the best, IMO.

But, unlike the other protectors, XO *will* interact with plastic that it comes in contact with. I use a Tune Belt armband when running, and the XO stuck to the plastic window in the armband and deformed when separated. Other brands did not do this.

If you plan on using an armband with a plastic window, consider turning it around, so the XO does not come in contact with the plastic.

PSUFINN
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by billykxda View Post
As a PSA on XO Skins for runners...

First off, I've used a ton of screen protectors on my smartphones over the years and XO is the best, IMO.

But, unlike the other protectors, XO *will* interact with plastic that it comes in contact with. I use a Tune Belt armband when running, and the XO stuck to the plastic window in the armband and deformed when separated. Other brands did not do this.

If you plan on using an armband with a plastic window, consider turning it around, so the XO does not come in contact with the plastic.
I had the same problem... I emailed them and they sent me a new one for free.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

albsat
Old
Thanks Meter 366
Respect to this company. They promptly gave me a replacement because I wasn' t satisfied. Highly recommend it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

KrisM3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Did anyone have orange peel that went away after a few days? I put mine on 24hrs ago and have massive orange peel and still show micro bubbles. I know the micro bubbles will go away but will the orange peel or is this an install error on my part?

theking_13
Old
Thanks Meter 1,467
No orange peel?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Current
HTC One X

White Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

History
HTC G1>Motorola Cliq>HTC Mytouch Slide 3G>Blackberry 8900>LG G-Slate>Samsung Vibrant>LG G2x>Samsung Galaxy Nexus>AT&T HTC One X>AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3>Motorola Xoom>HTC G2>HTC Sensation>Meizu MX>T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3>Motorola Atrix HD>Asus TF101>iPhone 4S>iPhone 5>HTC One S>Samsung Galaxy S2

*If I helped you, hit the Thanks button! *

jpg71
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisM3 View Post
Did anyone have orange peel that went away after a few days? I put mine on 24hrs ago and have massive orange peel and still show micro bubbles. I know the micro bubbles will go away but will the orange peel or is this an install error on my part?
Orange Peel is typically caused by not enough liquid solution, and too much squeegeeing. Some of it goes away within a day or two, but after a few days - what you see is what you get.

Bubbles after a few days? You could probably get rid of them by pushing down on the spots but that may lead to more orange peeling effect if you do it too much.

Best way to apply the XO (and other wet type protectors) is to liberally spray both the protector and the glass, then drop the protector in place and slide it around to where it needs to be. Once there, just a gentle bit of squeegee action to let some excess liquid out so it doesn't keep sliding around. Then leave it alone to dry, putting pressure on it as need be, but avoiding squeegee type movement once the liquid's out, or you'll end up with orange peel.
The Following User Says Thank You to jpg71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KrisM3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks, xo skin is sending me out another and I will try this time without being agressive on the squeegie. They seem to have great customer service

Tags
nexus screen protector