Post Reply

XtremeMac InCharge Auto BT review/discussion (with pics)

OP WiredPirate

WiredPirate
21st February 2012, 07:09 AM   |  #1  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
I recieved my Xtrememac incharge BT for use in the car. It's $80 but found it for $18 from nothingbutsoftware.com, strange I couldn't complete the purchase on my iPad. I'm glad it wouldn't let me cause it was $30 on the iPad but then when I shared the URL to my Nexus the price was $18. I purchased it for $18 and recieved it today. The audio quality is amazing! Even better than using 3.5mm jack from phone to aux in! I am using Volume+ but have the same settings for both wired headset and bt. I couldn't be happier with my purchase so I thought I would share. You just plug into the car charger and 3.5 jack into aux in, pair, and your done. No cables to phone and no call quality is great. The aux in part functions as a mic and button to answer/end calls. And the car charger part has a USB port for charging phone, it comes with an iPhone/iPad charger but you can plug in any USB cable for charge. Let me know if you have any questions. Hope someone else enjoys this as much as me.

Here are some pics. Disregard how messy my car is, I didn't have time to clean, vacuum, armor-all and such. I dont have time for much of anything these days cause I work in a tax office and I'm sure you know what that means this time of year. Hell I shouldn't even have time to occupy these forums but what can I say - my hobby. I took these just now spur of the moment to clear up any confusion. Also I took the picks with my GN, of course.




And just for kicks, here are some NFC tags. The left one toggles BT. The right one toggles from Auto-brightness to Brightness value 0 (completely dim - I hate bright screens). The reason these are not combined into one tag is because at night I dont need to toggle brightness.
Last edited by WiredPirate; 22nd February 2012 at 07:02 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2012, 01:31 PM   |  #2  
Penutbutter_N_Jelly's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
212 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
About to get this but I'm not seeing the $18 price. Only $ 29.99. Even tried sharing the link
WiredPirate
21st February 2012, 03:58 PM   |  #3  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penutbutter_N_Jelly

About to get this but I'm not seeing the $18 price. Only $ 29.99. Even tried sharing the link

Not sure how I pulled this off.. looked on the iPad and it was $30, couldn't purchase so I used Read It Later to share the link to my Nexus, opened it and it was $18. Surprised the hell out of me too. Maybe it was a glitch!? But I am not going crazy, that is the price I bought it for. Even at $30 its a good purchase and with a retail price of $80 (which is a little ridiculous imo) you cant beat it.
21st February 2012, 03:59 PM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
What is the reason for this? At first I thought you plug it into your phone.. but then that made absolutely no sense to me... Do you plug it into your head unit? If I understand correctly, it is for head units that do not have bluetooth?

Wouldn't it be easier / cheaper / better audio quality to just plug Male to Male 3.5mm in?


(I have a pioneer aftermarket head unit with built in bluetooth and have no experience with not having bluetooth.. so my thoughts on the matter are biased).
21st February 2012, 04:09 PM   |  #5  
Penutbutter_N_Jelly's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
212 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiredPirate

Not sure how I pulled this off.. looked on the iPad and it was $30, couldn't purchase so I used Read It Later to share the link to my Nexus, opened it and it was $18. Surprised the hell out of me too. Maybe it was a glitch!? But I am not going crazy, that is the price I bought it for. Even at $30 its a good purchase and with a retail price of $80 (which is a little ridiculous imo) you cant beat it.

Hmm... I got impatient and just ordered on amazon for 25 + free shipping. I was just thinking i need something like this (I despise wires) and when I saw your post this morning all I could think was "I need this!!!"
$18-25... not much of a difference. Like you said, much better than the $80 retail.
Thanks for posting this dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raing

What is the reason for this? At first I thought you plug it into your phone.. but then that made absolutely no sense to me... Do you plug it into your head unit? If I understand correctly, it is for head units that do not have bluetooth?

Wouldn't it be easier / cheaper / better audio quality to just plug Male to Male 3.5mm in?


(I have a pioneer aftermarket head unit with built in bluetooth and have no experience with not having bluetooth.. so my thoughts on the matter are biased).

Basically it's to eliminate wires.
My aux input is in my center console (right next to a power port so this works out nice) and when using 3.5mm it just seems sloppy to me with the wire being pinched in the console lid and such...

Hopefully it sounds as good for me as it does for WiredPirate.
WiredPirate
21st February 2012, 04:40 PM   |  #6  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raing

What is the reason for this? At first I thought you plug it into your phone.. but then that made absolutely no sense to me... Do you plug it into your head unit? If I understand correctly, it is for head units that do not have bluetooth?

Wouldn't it be easier / cheaper / better audio quality to just plug Male to Male 3.5mm in?


(I have a pioneer aftermarket head unit with built in bluetooth and have no experience with not having bluetooth.. so my thoughts on the matter are biased).

Did you even read the OP? I explained the function - NO WIRES TO PHONE. And I stated that this sounds BETTER than using the 3.5mm cable. Give me a minute and I will take a pic for you.
As far as the Pioneer BT deck I have one as well. Sitting in my closet. I loved it in my Crown Vic but after buying a new off the lot vehicle I couldn't bring myself to tear up the dash, maybe I will in the future, but for now this works great.

Edit: Uploaded some pics for you bud.
Last edited by WiredPirate; 21st February 2012 at 05:04 PM.
21st February 2012, 06:23 PM   |  #7  
smot13's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
72 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Can you link to it on amazon? I cant seem to locate it.
21st February 2012, 07:19 PM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
51 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiredPirate

Did you even read the OP? I explained the function - NO WIRES TO PHONE. And I stated that this sounds BETTER than using the 3.5mm cable. Give me a minute and I will take a pic for you.
As far as the Pioneer BT deck I have one as well. Sitting in my closet. I loved it in my Crown Vic but after buying a new off the lot vehicle I couldn't bring myself to tear up the dash, maybe I will in the future, but for now this works great.

Edit: Uploaded some pics for you bud.

that doesn't make sense to me.

3.5 cable = nexus to car.

Bluetooth = nexus to bluetooth to car... via 3.5 cable.

How could it possibly sound better? the 3.5 cable is still in there plus one extra step
21st February 2012, 07:36 PM   |  #9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
90 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Wiredpirate,

Say you have already set up the BT connection to the phone.
The next time you get in the car, do you have to turn on or press any button to connect or does it automatically search and connect to your phone once you turn on the ignition? TIA
21st February 2012, 08:02 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
157 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Just to throw this out there, Belkin Aircast is very similar to this:
http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPa...duct_Id=542721

Definitely more expensive though although you can get it for $30 on sale every now and then. It works exactly the same way except it also has a large button that you can put wherever that acts as a pause/play/answer/hangup button and also houses a microphone in it. I have this setup in my Ford Fiesta and love it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes