Search This thread

1wayjonny

Jan 3, 2007
Universal Naked Driver 0.72
** Google Nexus 4 Added
** Google Nexus 10 Added
** Google Nexus Q Added
** Google Nexus S Added

32 & 64 Bit Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP - Attached to this post!
MD5: 30D25BC073F010CA01178CD6E2C5E4FA

I am happy to release my Universal Naked Driver. This is to allow ADB, Fastboot & APX interfaces to work without installing any package much less multiples packages for users with multiple devices. Yes you can just install them and uninstall right away but why bother?

I was annoyed that I couldnt use my Transformer Prime and Galaxy Nexus without having versions and packages trip over each other. My previous post for the Sensation & Galaxy Nexus was helpful so I thought I would bring to XDA the newest Android driver available from source (which they call 4.0) and make it start talking.

Warning: Uninstall any previous driver package's you may have installed and also manually remove drivers by attaching your phone and going to Windows device manager and right click the entry for your phone and select "Uninstall" on the next prompt make sure to select "Delete the driver software for this device" then hit OK and reboot before installing these drivers

Code:
Google Nexus Devices ADB & Fastboot
Samsung Devices ADB & Fastboot
Asus Devices ADB, Fastboot & APX
HTC Devices ADB & Fastboot

Code:
[B]Windows 8 Instructions[/B]

How to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 8:

From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
Click ‘More PC Settings’.
Click ‘General’.
Scroll down, and click ‘Restart now’ under ‘Advanced startup’.
Wait a bit.
Click ‘Troubleshoot’.
Click ‘Advanced Options’
Click ‘Windows Startup Settings’
Click Restart.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

1wayjonny

Jan 3, 2007
Your welcome, this was a semi-confusing download at first every package I found just looked like a mess or didn't work with fastboot for some reason.

Then I installed PDAnet and that worked right away but I wanted to use the offical Samsung drivers.

Enjoy!

bandur

Jun 27, 2008
trouble with XP

I am having a lot of trouble getting this to work with XP at work, anybody had any luck?

No problem with win7 at home though ...

dmue

Aug 22, 2010
Cologne
adb = Android Debug Bridge! only use on running Android system or recovery!

in bootloader use "fastboot"

use "fastboot devices" instead of "adb devices"

Last edited:
Reactions: 21plays and h9290

1wayjonny

Jan 3, 2007
I will check out the XP issue it should be easy to resolve. I didnt test it out on XP sorry bout that. I will update the OP in the mean time.

1wayjonny

Jan 3, 2007
Last edited:
Reactions: SeniorMoment69

bandur

Jun 27, 2008
got the drivers to work in XP

I removed all USB drivers from the XP and started to reinstall drivers as needed. Now it works in XP, thanks.

G

GuestK0080

Thanks but these are not the Samsung drivers which is why the version number is so different. I extracted these from the most recent package from Samsung that I found.

That being said the drivers you linked will probably work fine but are more generic.

Those drivers are modified from the ADB source drivers that are downloaded by the SDK to support the GNex in fastboot. I havent tried your download yet but i installed the full 1.4.8.0 .exe package i downloaded from Samsung. Those worked except for fastboot which this download worked for me on XP x64. This phone was a PITA to get fastboot working on my laptop.

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Anywhere, then when Windows asks where the drivers are point it to the folder where you extracted them to

1wayjonny

Jan 3, 2007
Those drivers are modified from the ADB source drivers that are downloaded by the SDK to support the GNex in fastboot. I havent tried your download yet but i installed the full 1.4.8.0 .exe package i downloaded from Samsung. Those worked except for fastboot which this download worked for me on XP x64. This phone was a PITA to get fastboot working on my laptop.

Correct I had the same issue, when modifying the *.inf I was able to get them working with ADB. Give them a whirl when you get a chance and let me know what you think.

*EDIT* These are not fully working with fast-boot yet but I update as soon as possible.

Where do I unzip the files to?

Any where but in your device manager you will find your phone with no driver, just right click "Update Driver" and point it to where you unzipped it.

It will install the driver for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: luffyp

1wayjonny

Jan 3, 2007
Just wanted to mention that the .dlls in this driver package seem to be more recent (1.9 vs. 1.7):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4174784/usb_driver.zip

Hello I understand what you mean by 1.7 vs. 1.9 now ;)

**Update**

I have found the fastboot issue and will update v2 soon I just tested on a fwe system with no prior drivers working with ADB and fastboot.

The first set of drivers did not work with fastboot as an FYI. v2 will be the same files just the *.inf will be updated.

Should have it up in a few.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Universal Naked Driver 0.72
    ** Google Nexus 4 Added
    ** Google Nexus 10 Added
    ** Google Nexus Q Added
    ** Google Nexus S Added

32 & 64 Bit Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP - Attached to this post!
    MD5: 30D25BC073F010CA01178CD6E2C5E4FA

I am happy to release my Universal Naked Driver. This is to allow ADB, Fastboot & APX interfaces to work without installing any package much less multiples packages for users with multiple devices. Yes you can just install them and uninstall right away but why bother?

I was annoyed that I couldnt use my Transformer Prime and Galaxy Nexus without having versions and packages trip over each other. My previous post for the Sensation & Galaxy Nexus was helpful so I thought I would bring to XDA the newest Android driver available from source (which they call 4.0) and make it start talking.

Warning: Uninstall any previous driver package's you may have installed and also manually remove drivers by attaching your phone and going to Windows device manager and right click the entry for your phone and select "Uninstall" on the next prompt make sure to select "Delete the driver software for this device" then hit OK and reboot before installing these drivers

Code:
    Google Nexus Devices ADB & Fastboot
    Samsung Devices ADB & Fastboot
    Asus Devices ADB, Fastboot & APX
    HTC Devices ADB & Fastboot

Code:
    [B]Windows 8 Instructions[/B]

How to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 8:

From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
    Click ‘More PC Settings’.
    Click ‘General’.
    Scroll down, and click ‘Restart now’ under ‘Advanced startup’.
    Wait a bit.
    Click ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Click ‘Advanced Options’
    Click ‘Windows Startup Settings’
    Click Restart.

Enjoy!
    Anyguide out there to install this driver on windows 8?

Tried the same way on windows 8 release preview but no luck. :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Do this:

1) From the Window 8 Start screen, move your mouse to the top (or bottom) right corner, and click Settings;
    2) Click "Change PC Settings";
    3) Click "General";
    4) Under Advanced startup, click "Restart Now";
    5) Wait for it to restart;
    6) Click "Troubleshoot";
    7) Click "Advanced options";
    8) Click "Startup settings";
    9) Click "Restart";
    10) Wait for it to restart;
    11) Press F7 (i.e, the F7 function key);

Now you can install the driver.
    It might be a good idea to note in the OP to disable Signed Driver Enforcement in Windows 8.
    HTML:
    bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON
    adb = Android Debug Bridge! only use on running Android system or recovery!

in bootloader use "fastboot"

use "fastboot devices" instead of "adb devices"
    Updated version released, feedback helpful