[CM11] [Kitkang] Maguro Nightly Kangs

OP fitsnugly

22nd February 2013, 08:55 PM   |  #4281  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 446

1,179 posts
More
Re: [CM10.1][Jellybro] Maguro Nightly Kangs
Noticed this today, look at the top right corner of the app drawer where the Play Store shortcut is located.

Looks like the shortcut is overlapping a menu button. Tapping it still takes me to the Play Store, though.

This is Trebuchet, in case anyone wonders.
24th February 2013, 11:02 AM   |  #4282  
Thanks Meter: 26

258 posts
More
Superuser (the app) is crap. Just came off a clean install and it is force closing left and right. I hit 'fix root' after fixing GApps and it's clearly not fixed.

Granting root permissions is done on a random basis. For example, I can get the # sign after entering 'su', but the moment I close this session and open another, root permissions is denied. WTF? Some apps are granted root permissions the first time they are launched, but the moment I relaunch them a second time, it takes an aweful long time to proceed, and then it gives up and says root permissions denied.

Worse thing is, SuperSU requires root permissions to be installed properly. With Superuser crashing left and right, I can't even get SuperSU to install it's binaries properly. When Superuser finally gives a prompt to grant root permissions, it promptly FCs, right before I can hit 'allow'. Zzz...

Can anyone offer a fix? I heard Koush is rewriting the Superuser app (or something of similar nature), wonder if it will ever replace the Superuser app in CM.

EDIT: added logcat.
Attached Files
File Type: txt superuser-crash.txt - [Click for QR Code] (458.0 KB, 0 views)
Last edited by djfoo000; 24th February 2013 at 11:31 AM.
24th February 2013, 11:20 AM   |  #4283  
Flag Los Angeles

1,179 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djfoo000

Superuser (the app) is crap. Just came off a clean install and it is force closing left and right. I hit 'fix root' after fixing GApps and it's clearly not fixed.

Granting root permissions is done on a random basis. For example, I can get the # sign after entering 'su', but the moment I close this session and open another, root permissions is denied. WTF? Some apps are granted root permissions the first time they are launched, but the moment I relaunch them a second time, it takes an aweful long time to proceed, and then it gives up and says root permissions denied.

Worse thing is, SuperSU requires root permissions to be installed properly. With Superuser crashing left and right, I can't even get SuperSU to install it's binaries properly. When Superuser finally gives a prompt to grant root permissions, it promptly FCs, right before I can hit 'allow'. Zzz...

Can anyone offer a fix? I heard Koush is rewriting the Superuser app (or something of similar nature), wonder if it will ever replace the Superuser app in CM.

Why don't you look up the SuperSU thread here on XDA, and download the flashable zip linked? Flashing it in recovery replaces Superuser with SuperSU.
24th February 2013, 11:25 AM   |  #4284  
Thanks Meter: 26

258 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcambriz

Why don't you look up the SuperSU thread here on XDA, and download the flashable zip linked? Flashing it in recovery replaces Superuser with SuperSU.

I appreciate your reply, but even in SuperSU's thread, it was explicitly stated that installing it via Play is recommended vs .zip, though I don't know why that's the case (which probably explains my post here in the first place).

From that thread:
Quote:

ZIP does not work on all devices, needs fix. Note that if you are already rooted, installing through Play is by far the easiest way to install SuperSU.

EDIT: nvm, flashed the zip anyway and SuperSU works properly now. Even removed Superuser as well, which is neat.
Last edited by djfoo000; 24th February 2013 at 11:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to djfoo000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 11:28 AM   |  #4285  
Thanks Meter: 391

2,386 posts
I installed supersu via play and then deleted the superuser manually.
24th February 2013, 06:54 PM   |  #4286  
Flag Los Angeles

1,179 posts
More
Quote:

I appreciate your reply, but even in SuperSU's thread, it was explicitly stated that installing it via Play is recommended vs .zip, though I don't know why that's the case (which probably explains my post here in the first place).

From that thread:

EDIT: nvm, flashed the zip anyway and SuperSU works properly now. Even removed Superuser as well, which is neat.

It's always worked for me. You should also check out the settings menu, and install the SuperSU backup script. This way, SuperSU is backed up and restored every time you flash a new nightly.
26th February 2013, 07:38 AM   |  #4287  
Thanks Meter: 19

90 posts
still using your kang
Just to let you know that despite little activity in the thread, many of us are still using your kang and it works juuuuust fine !
keep up the good work and keep the ROMs coming ! Thanks for your work....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vulpy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2013, 02:32 PM   |  #4288  
Flag Skopje, Macedonia
Thanks Meter: 101

281 posts
More
Quote:

From that thread:

What I do is install SuperSU via Play Store while still having both SuperUser and SuperSU installed. Then launch SuperSU and wait while SuperUser asks you for root permissions and then delete it manually.
27th February 2013, 07:15 PM   |  #4289  
Flag Rotherham
Thanks Meter: 69

610 posts
Donate to Me
More
Finally got round to updating from a build I had at the beginning of the month and now Franco's Kernel doesn't boot?
27th February 2013, 07:57 PM   |  #4290  
Flag Los Angeles

1,179 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tung_meister

Finally got round to updating from a build I had at the beginning of the month and now Franco's Kernel doesn't boot?

You'll need to use a 4.2.2 based kernel from now on, so make sure that's what you flashed.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cyanogenmod, euroskank, fitsnugly, jelly bean, jellybro, kang
Previous Thread Next Thread