5,604,631 Members 40,266 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CM11] [Kitkang] Maguro Nightly Kangs

Tip us?

maverick_hunter
Old
Thanks Meter 417
Default Re: [CM10.1][Jellybro] Maguro Nightly Kangs

Noticed this today, look at the top right corner of the app drawer where the Play Store shortcut is located.

Looks like the shortcut is overlapping a menu button. Tapping it still takes me to the Play Store, though.

This is Trebuchet, in case anyone wonders.

djfoo000
Old
(Last edited by djfoo000; 24th February 2013 at 10:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Superuser (the app) is crap. Just came off a clean install and it is force closing left and right. I hit 'fix root' after fixing GApps and it's clearly not fixed.

Granting root permissions is done on a random basis. For example, I can get the # sign after entering 'su', but the moment I close this session and open another, root permissions is denied. WTF? Some apps are granted root permissions the first time they are launched, but the moment I relaunch them a second time, it takes an aweful long time to proceed, and then it gives up and says root permissions denied.

Worse thing is, SuperSU requires root permissions to be installed properly. With Superuser crashing left and right, I can't even get SuperSU to install it's binaries properly. When Superuser finally gives a prompt to grant root permissions, it promptly FCs, right before I can hit 'allow'. Zzz...

Can anyone offer a fix? I heard Koush is rewriting the Superuser app (or something of similar nature), wonder if it will ever replace the Superuser app in CM.

EDIT: added logcat.
Attached Files
File Type: txt superuser-crash.txt - [Click for QR Code] (458.0 KB, 0 views)

maverick_hunter
Old
Thanks Meter 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfoo000 View Post
Superuser (the app) is crap. Just came off a clean install and it is force closing left and right. I hit 'fix root' after fixing GApps and it's clearly not fixed.

Granting root permissions is done on a random basis. For example, I can get the # sign after entering 'su', but the moment I close this session and open another, root permissions is denied. WTF? Some apps are granted root permissions the first time they are launched, but the moment I relaunch them a second time, it takes an aweful long time to proceed, and then it gives up and says root permissions denied.

Worse thing is, SuperSU requires root permissions to be installed properly. With Superuser crashing left and right, I can't even get SuperSU to install it's binaries properly. When Superuser finally gives a prompt to grant root permissions, it promptly FCs, right before I can hit 'allow'. Zzz...

Can anyone offer a fix? I heard Koush is rewriting the Superuser app (or something of similar nature), wonder if it will ever replace the Superuser app in CM.
Why don't you look up the SuperSU thread here on XDA, and download the flashable zip linked? Flashing it in recovery replaces Superuser with SuperSU.

djfoo000
Old
(Last edited by djfoo000; 24th February 2013 at 10:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcambriz View Post
Why don't you look up the SuperSU thread here on XDA, and download the flashable zip linked? Flashing it in recovery replaces Superuser with SuperSU.
I appreciate your reply, but even in SuperSU's thread, it was explicitly stated that installing it via Play is recommended vs .zip, though I don't know why that's the case (which probably explains my post here in the first place).

From that thread:
Quote:
ZIP does not work on all devices, needs fix. Note that if you are already rooted, installing through Play is by far the easiest way to install SuperSU.
EDIT: nvm, flashed the zip anyway and SuperSU works properly now. Even removed Superuser as well, which is neat.
The Following User Says Thank You to djfoo000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

albsat
Old
Thanks Meter 315

I installed supersu via play and then deleted the superuser manually.

maverick_hunter
Old
Thanks Meter 417

Quote:
I appreciate your reply, but even in SuperSU's thread, it was explicitly stated that installing it via Play is recommended vs .zip, though I don't know why that's the case (which probably explains my post here in the first place).

From that thread:

EDIT: nvm, flashed the zip anyway and SuperSU works properly now. Even removed Superuser as well, which is neat.
It's always worked for me. You should also check out the settings menu, and install the SuperSU backup script. This way, SuperSU is backed up and restored every time you flash a new nightly.

vulpy
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Default still using your kang

Just to let you know that despite little activity in the thread, many of us are still using your kang and it works juuuuust fine !
keep up the good work and keep the ROMs coming ! Thanks for your work....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vulpy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mariachi202
Old
Thanks Meter 101

Quote:

From that thread:

What I do is install SuperSU via Play Store while still having both SuperUser and SuperSU installed. Then launch SuperSU and wait while SuperUser asks you for root permissions and then delete it manually.

Tung_meister
Old
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
Finally got round to updating from a build I had at the beginning of the month and now Franco's Kernel doesn't boot?
Device: LG Nexus 5 16GB (Hammerhead)
Rom: Nexus 5 Experience
Kernel: franco.Kernel

maverick_hunter
Old
Thanks Meter 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tung_meister View Post
Finally got round to updating from a build I had at the beginning of the month and now Franco's Kernel doesn't boot?
You'll need to use a 4.2.2 based kernel from now on, so make sure that's what you flashed.

Tags
cyanogenmod, euroskank, fitsnugly, jelly bean, jellybro, kang