Thread Closed

[EASIEST ROOT/UNLOCK TOOLKIT] Wugfresh Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.4

OP Dakota0206

19th January 2012, 09:09 PM   |  #1  
Dakota0206's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 638
 
1,038 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Thread moved to
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post28671978
Last edited by Dakota0206; 12th July 2012 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Updated to version 1.4
The Following 49 Users Say Thank You to Dakota0206 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2012, 09:29 PM   |  #2  
sert00's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag cesena,IT
Thanks Meter: 505
 
1,082 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
already oem unlocked and rooted,but an easy way for future use!good work dev!
20th January 2012, 08:57 AM   |  #3  
freebordjunky's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 180
 
1,061 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Where do I have to have the files that I wanna flash? In the data folder??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium App
21st January 2012, 01:50 AM   |  #4  
Dakota0206's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 638
 
1,038 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebordjunky

Where do I have to have the files that I wanna flash? In the data folder??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium App

Which files are you trying to flash? All The SDK files will be put in the platform-tools folder.
21st January 2012, 02:19 AM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
All in one swiss-knife, great for newbies. Good work!
21st January 2012, 11:31 PM   |  #6  
freebordjunky's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 180
 
1,061 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota0206

Which files are you trying to flash? All The SDK files will be put in the platform-tools folder.

I havnt flashed anything yet! I man like Roms and Kernels and base bands and stuff from xda

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium App
21st January 2012, 11:51 PM   |  #7  
Dakota0206's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 638
 
1,038 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebordjunky

I havnt flashed anything yet! I man like Roms and Kernels and base bands and stuff from xda

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium App

Once you are rooted and unlocked you need to flack clockworkmod recovery. I have not tried the recovery flash in this tool. The way I did it....
1. Install Root Explorer
2. Install Rom Manager
3. Open Root Explorer> Toggle r/w permissions> Delete "/system/recovery-from-boot.p"
4. Open Rom Manager> Flash Clockworkmod Recovery
5. Power Off Phone
5. Boot into Fastboot
6. Select Recovery
7. Make a backup of stock
8. Download/place the ROM of your choice to the SDcard of the phone
9. Follow steps 5-7
10. Select install zip from sdcard
11. Find your ROM and flash.
12. Reboot your phone, and your done!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dakota0206 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2012, 01:47 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag Auckland, NZ
Thanks Meter: 121
 
943 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Is this backup and restore function the same as this one? And is able to do without rooting?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1420351

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
22nd January 2012, 04:43 AM   |  #9  
Dakota0206's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 638
 
1,038 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johno168

Is this backup and restore function the same as this one? And is able to do without rooting?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1420351

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Yes, pretty much. You do not need root for it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Verizon 4G LTE.
22nd January 2012, 04:46 AM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Flag Auckland, NZ
Thanks Meter: 121
 
943 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota0206

Yes, pretty much. You do not need root for it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Verizon 4G LTE.

does this also restore system settings?

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
easy, galaxy, nexus, root, toolkit
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Nexus Android Development by ThreadRank