Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[GNEX TOOLKIT V11.1.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Recovery, Flash + MORE [GSM]

OP mskip

15th December 2011, 03:45 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 32

723 posts
Hey bro.tks for this but need some clarification if you don't mind
1.if I flash a new rom in cwm from stock rom,and I do a superwipe,will all my data like music etc from internal storage get wiped as well?
2.you mentioned above about using restoring data option under advanced in cwm,when do I do this?right after I flash or after I have booted to android and go back to cwm and click restore data?

Please advice
15th December 2011, 04:12 PM   |  #22  
Flag Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Thanks Meter: 24

150 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

Not so sure how a stock image is affected. At worst case you will still get the update notification but the install will fail. As long as you have the latest build on your phone then you wont get any notification so you could easily flash the latest CWM Stock image as it is made available.

You just cant hurt this monster

Mark.

I guess inversely if I only want to receive OTA updates, do I simply unroot and relock as I have the stock Google Rom now?

Also, is there a way to remove CWM if there are warranty issues and need to revert to being bone stock?
15th December 2011, 05:09 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 4

36 posts
I wanted to start by saying thank you for the great tutorial. Picked up my Verizon Galaxy Nexus this morning and this was the first thing I did! Then of course I got notified about the OTA. Well it seems that you can't install the OTA w/ CWM installed, at least that's what I'm figuring. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there an easy way to remove CWM?
15th December 2011, 05:12 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 11

173 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by agtwonderbread

I wanted to start by saying thank you for the great tutorial. Picked up my Verizon Galaxy Nexus this morning and this was the first thing I did! Then of course I got notified about the OTA. Well it seems that you can't install the OTA w/ CWM installed, at least that's what I'm figuring. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there an easy way to remove CWM?

Reboot and make sure the file mentioned above is in /system. It will reinstall stock recovery automatically.
15th December 2011, 05:18 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 4

36 posts
What file would you be talking about?
15th December 2011, 05:18 PM   |  #26  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 39

121 posts
More
Video Instructions for Newbs
I put together a similar procedure and video a couple of days ago if you want to add a link or the video in the OP feel free if you think it will help some people out.

http://theunlockr.com/2011/12/14/how...-galaxy-nexus/
Last edited by Mikey; 15th December 2011 at 10:58 PM. Reason: No need to quote post 1
15th December 2011, 05:40 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 3

41 posts
I just thought I would chime in, the file he is looking for isn't a custom ROM, it's the OTA push from verizon. So it technically isn't something he has downloaded and can move around, unless we know where it is and if it is in some update.zip sorta format (which i am doubting)
15th December 2011, 05:47 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 22

250 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agtwonderbread

I am seeing the exact same thing. I locked the bootloader again to test and it is not working.

Now i need to see how to get back to stock recovery.. maybe when i unlock the bootloader again it will revert back?
15th December 2011, 05:57 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 26

585 posts
Every time I try to fastboot oem unlock it just sits there and says I need to install drivers. I have pda net installed, samsung drivers, and basically everything I could think of. Is there something I'm missing?
15th December 2011, 06:00 PM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 22

250 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew53517

Every time I try to fastboot oem unlock it just sits there and says I need to install drivers. I have pda net installed, samsung drivers, and basically everything I could think of. Is there something I'm missing?

1. boot into android normally.
2. go to samsung's site and dl the drivers
3. install them and THEN run PDAnet
4. plug the phone in (in usb debugging mode) and check device manager to make sure they install
5. pull cable
6. boot into fastboot on phone
7. check using fastboot-windows.exe devices and go from there.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread