Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,346 Members 47,191 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GNEX TOOLKIT V11.1.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Recovery, Flash + MORE [GSM]

Tip us?

Hussainally
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Hey bro.tks for this but need some clarification if you don't mind
1.if I flash a new rom in cwm from stock rom,and I do a superwipe,will all my data like music etc from internal storage get wiped as well?
2.you mentioned above about using restoring data option under advanced in cwm,when do I do this?right after I flash or after I have booted to android and go back to cwm and click restore data?

Please advice

TorontoR
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip View Post
Not so sure how a stock image is affected. At worst case you will still get the update notification but the install will fail. As long as you have the latest build on your phone then you wont get any notification so you could easily flash the latest CWM Stock image as it is made available.

You just cant hurt this monster

Mark.
I guess inversely if I only want to receive OTA updates, do I simply unroot and relock as I have the stock Google Rom now?

Also, is there a way to remove CWM if there are warranty issues and need to revert to being bone stock?

agtwonderbread
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I wanted to start by saying thank you for the great tutorial. Picked up my Verizon Galaxy Nexus this morning and this was the first thing I did! Then of course I got notified about the OTA. Well it seems that you can't install the OTA w/ CWM installed, at least that's what I'm figuring. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there an easy way to remove CWM?

aldo37
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by agtwonderbread View Post
I wanted to start by saying thank you for the great tutorial. Picked up my Verizon Galaxy Nexus this morning and this was the first thing I did! Then of course I got notified about the OTA. Well it seems that you can't install the OTA w/ CWM installed, at least that's what I'm figuring. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there an easy way to remove CWM?
Reboot and make sure the file mentioned above is in /system. It will reinstall stock recovery automatically.

agtwonderbread
Old
Thanks Meter 4
What file would you be talking about?

dcogen
Old
(Last edited by Mikey; 15th December 2011 at 09:58 PM.) Reason: No need to quote post 1
Thanks Meter 39
Default Video Instructions for Newbs

I put together a similar procedure and video a couple of days ago if you want to add a link or the video in the OP feel free if you think it will help some people out.

http://theunlockr.com/2011/12/14/how...-galaxy-nexus/
David Cogen

My blog that turned into a huge repository for cell phone and tablet how to videos with a focus on rooting and hacking - http://TheUnlockr.com
Also built a little repository for ROMs that always links to developer pages and never hotlinks to any files - http://TheUnlockr.com/roms/

acroanidd
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I just thought I would chime in, the file he is looking for isn't a custom ROM, it's the OTA push from verizon. So it technically isn't something he has downloaded and can move around, unless we know where it is and if it is in some update.zip sorta format (which i am doubting)

JewRican
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by agtwonderbread View Post
I am seeing the exact same thing. I locked the bootloader again to test and it is not working.

Now i need to see how to get back to stock recovery.. maybe when i unlock the bootloader again it will revert back?

andrew53517
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Every time I try to fastboot oem unlock it just sits there and says I need to install drivers. I have pda net installed, samsung drivers, and basically everything I could think of. Is there something I'm missing?
Galaxy Nexus & ASUS Eee Pad Transformer!
Prior phones: G1, Original Droid, HTC Incredible, Motorola Atrix, HTC Thunderbolt!

JewRican
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew53517 View Post
Every time I try to fastboot oem unlock it just sits there and says I need to install drivers. I have pda net installed, samsung drivers, and basically everything I could think of. Is there something I'm missing?
1. boot into android normally.
2. go to samsung's site and dl the drivers
3. install them and THEN run PDAnet
4. plug the phone in (in usb debugging mode) and check device manager to make sure they install
5. pull cable
6. boot into fastboot on phone
7. check using fastboot-windows.exe devices and go from there.