Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,721 Members 51,740 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GNEX TOOLKIT V11.1.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Recovery, Flash + MORE [GSM]

Tip us?

Garner
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2107

DONATE TO ME
Also how do we get the toolkit for 4.2.2??

Remember If I Have Helped You Hit The Button

sasuketobi
Old
Thanks Meter 50
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3615

Thank you so much! this solved the problem
The OP should probably mention this as it is specific to W8

mskip
Old
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13639

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by garner View Post
Can someone please upload the gnextoolkit-updater100.exe as i cant find it in the root folder of the toolkit even after installing and not running and also checking the exe with 7-zip im unable to find the requested file
Im sorry thats not permitted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernexus View Post
the toolkit doesn't upgrade from v10.5.1 to 10.5.2.
How can i do?
There is a bug in V10.5.1 that stopped the Toolkit Auto Updating. The easiest fix is to download V10.1.0 from *HERE* and install OVER the existing version (no need to delete the existing version first but make sure you exit the toolkit properly from the main menu so it closes the open programs), run the Toolkit and check for updates. It should still be activated so you can download V10.5.2 and update to it.

Mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mskip
Old
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13639

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuketobi View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3615

Thank you so much! this solved the problem
The OP should probably mention this as it is specific to W8
Hmm if you look in the FAQ on POST2 there has been information about how to disable driver signature verification (and also in the Information section in the Toolkit) for a few months

Im sure you read the very detailed FAQ section when you had problems so maybe you just missed it lol.

Mark.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Toxina
Old
Thanks Meter 113
love this toolkit ♥!!

can't wait for the next public release

sasuketobi
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip View Post
Hmm if you look in the FAQ on POST2 there has been information about how to disable driver signature verification (and also in the Information section in the Toolkit) for a few months

Im sure you read the very detailed FAQ section when you had problems so maybe you just missed it lol.

Mark.
My bad! the first questions were very basic, so may be i didnt read them thinking that all of them would be such basic Q's....!!
Anyways, people around here are very patient and kind enough to answer all the foolish and basic questions too!!
Again, Thank you for the tool!

Garner
Old
(Last edited by Garner; 23rd February 2013 at 12:22 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2107

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip View Post
Im sorry thats not permitted.
I see you have to donate for it, i manually installed the 4.2.2 drivers on my windows 8 system anyway sorry about asking

Remember If I Have Helped You Hit The Button

seres88
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Re: [GNex TOOLKIT V10.1] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash, Mods + MORE [GSM]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExArkos View Post
Hi,

a few weeks ago i rooted my GNex using GNex Toolkit.

I performed the 1-Click for all.

Now i got the information that i can perform an OTA Update to Android 4.2.2.
The Update.zip was downloaded and my GNex rebooted.

After reboot update.zip was applied, but afterward i got es few questions of cwm, if i want to keep or restore stock.
I think i acidently chose one times "no". Now i cant boot to recovery anymore.

I tried to reflash CWM, but it didn't work.
In latest version of GNex Toolkit only 4.2.1 is supported.

So how can I fix this? It's also OK for me to go beck to stock bootloader, ROM, Recovery...

Any Ideas?
I have a same situation as you but still can boot to cwm after it say my current cwm will rivert to stock recovery. Try choose option for 4.2.1 it will work and dont forget to update 4 file given on page 1 into your toolkit folder. Read page #1 and you know what to do after that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

anotherxdauser
Old
(Last edited by anotherxdauser; 24th February 2013 at 05:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Hi

Quick Question, why did you change the Toolkit to force you to use SuperSU?

I have had nothing but trouble from it. Firstly, it didn't root (stock rom, 4.1.2). However SuperSU did install fine. It wants to update the binaries (whatever that is!), but fails on this.
Still, months later I am without root and have a useless app. Updated it using the Market, but binaries still wouldn't update, still no root.

Didn't have any problem with the other permissions app. I also can't update to 4.2.2 as it fails during installation. Again, never did this when the other app was used :/

Now I can't even un-install SuperSU using the app itself. Don't get me wrong, looks like a great app but if it doesn't even work from the go then I loose interest pretty quickly Don't get me wrong, the Toolkit is a fantastic piece of work and saves so much complication when wanting to simply root a phone, just a shame it's become useless at the mo

Any ideas?

3li5ha
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Re: [GNex TOOLKIT V10.1] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash, Mods + MORE [GSM]

1st, SuperSU doesn't work on your phone because your phone is not rooted. Even if you used another permission app, i doubt that would work either cause your not rooted. 2nd, the toolkit gives you 2 options, SuperSu and Superuser. Your not 'forced' but SuperSu is the recommended app of the two (cos better support for JB). You can even choose not to install it by doing each step manually instead of the one click option.
i suggest searching for tutorials to root your GNexus. Good luck!

Souce: experience. This is my 5th android device. Had no problems with SuperSu as long as my phone was rooted first.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to 3li5ha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]