Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,657 Members 43,467 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[INFO][KERNEL] GLaDOS by Ezekeel | GSM / Verizon / Sprint

Tip us?

DJ "suMo*
Old
(Last edited by DJ "suMo*; 21st February 2012 at 03:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossover37 View Post
Cool I flashed it. Thanks, it works great!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App
If you flash a new Ir11 build over remember to flash fracnco's before GLaDOS. Again I don't know why this is but you see it works. GLaDOS won't boot on Ir11 without doing this - it was the same with Ir10.

Sent from my GN

neok44
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquiel Harris View Post
Is this supposed to stick? It doesn't for me. Did the steps, saved the reopen and it reverted right back to what it was before.
haven't tried it yet but i'd like to know how to make it stick too, i have to reboot my phone a decent amount of times due to tmos stupidity and i don't want to have to do this every single time.

irishrally
Old
Thanks Meter 501
Quote:
Is this supposed to stick? It doesn't for me. Did the steps, saved the reopen and it reverted right back to what it was before.
You have to change the "enabled" file from a 1 to a 0 to allow non stock multipliers.

neok44
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishrally View Post
You have to change the "enabled" file from a 1 to a 0 to allow non stock multipliers.
excuse the n00bishness but could you give a guide for that?

irishrally
Old
Thanks Meter 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by neok44 View Post
excuse the n00bishness but could you give a guide for that?
Go to sys/class/misc/colorcontrol/safety_enabled

Edit that file in a text editor and change the 1 to a 0 to disable the safety feature. You can do all this in a file manager like root explorer.

legionarius77
Old
(Last edited by legionarius77; 21st February 2012 at 02:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
edit : i try to change the safety enable, ok i changed 1 to 0, and made the changes, Now the White is more better, thanks :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

neok44
Old
(Last edited by neok44; 21st February 2012 at 04:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 156
i changed the 1 to a 0 but it's still not sticking. if i reboot it goes back to 1 and the offset goes back to 0 0 0 instead of -4 0 4

aside from that, i'm noticing a pretty good improvement. still a little yellow/warm though. wish there was a way to totally get rid of it. need color temperature settings like on pc monitors

*edit* also i've been playing around with different offsets that i've seen and i've noticed no difference at all when changing them. think something may be wrong, or i'm doing something wrong.

irishrally
Old
Thanks Meter 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by neok44 View Post
i changed the 1 to a 0 but it's still not sticking. if i reboot it goes back to 1 and the offset goes back to 0 0 0 instead of -4 0 4

aside from that, i'm noticing a pretty good improvement. still a little yellow/warm though. wish there was a way to totally get rid of it. need color temperature settings like on pc monitors

*edit* also i've been playing around with different offsets that i've seen and i've noticed no difference at all when changing them. think something may be wrong, or i'm doing something wrong.
You can get the settings to stick after a reboot by running a script with ROM Toolbox or gscript at boot.

Write this into a new script:

Code:
#! /sys/bin/sh

echo 0 >/sys/class/misc/colorcontrol/safety_enabled

echo 2001234567 2001234567 2301234567 >/sys/class/misc/colorcontrol/multiplier

echo -4 0 4 >/sys/class/misc/colorcontrol/v1_offset
Select the option to run at boot and requires root.

v1_offset is working fine for me and I can immediately see the change when I save changes in text editor.

abz54
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Hi, been using this kernel for a week, tried Franco's kernel to see if my phone can run 1.65Ghz, its runs without any problems, but with this kernel I can't seem to get past 1.5Ghz, gonna stay with this kernel due to the amount of tweaks, but would like to know if anyone can help me. Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

!crazy
Old
Thanks Meter 428
have you run any benchmarks with Franco's 1.65 GHz kernel?
It would be interesting to know how well it really performs compared to GLaDOS but maybe clocked even lower like 1.4 GHz. My phone runs much better with MPU clocked to 1.4 then 1.5 GHz. Actually it runs better at 1.2 then 1.5.