[KERNEL] [4.2.x] [GSM/LTE/CDMA] ⇒☆007☆ v3.7.1

Search This thread

ogdobber

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 4, 2008
Anyone else's gray colors look weird using this kernel?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

the colors will not fit everyones eye...especially because every nexus screen is different. for completely stock colors, flash v3.1...otherwise adjust to your liking;)

Do you think adding more steps can save battery? Logically it makes sense but what do you think?

"constantly changing cpu speed in small steps leads to more frequent changes, which leads to more power drain as output is constantly adjusted by the regulator, even if some frequencies share the same vdd.

In other words, speed scaling is good, but too many increments may counter the benefits because of power wasted adjusting voltage when there are too many steps in the speed scale"-netarchy

You can choose 3.1 with all the tweaks that has OC steps and if OG is cool with it I can provide 3.1 with one 1350 OC step :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

do it

the kernel build in IMM76I is

3.0.8-gda6252b
android-build@vpbs1 #1
SMP PREEMPT Fri Apr 13 11:35:09 PDT 2012

is this the build you used for 3.1 & 3.1.7?

there is a patch in the update for the boot.img but nothing in google kernel sources right now.
my kernels will support IMM76I builds, but surely I will update when google releases the source.
I'm going to pull apart the patch and see what it is;)

ogdobber

Nov 4, 2008
got a couple donations today. thanks mike:D, also thank you John! :D(I won't paste your last name out of respect for privacy...don't know your xda user name either)

Android is my passion, and I really enjoy it. even more so when people appreciate it. There is a great feeling of personal satisfaction watching the thanks meter rise, let alone getting that ultimate "thank you" email.

here's to better things to come:p

Reactions: mike216

bryant_16

May 3, 2007
If I update the newest update which is im76i, will I lose root and lose this kernel?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ogdobber

Nov 4, 2008
If I update the newest update which is im76i, will I lose root and lose this kernel?

yes you will most likely lose root (get ota rootkeeper from market), the install may abort because it is not the stock kernel (not sure though), and you might lose cwm...

with all that being said, it is easy to reflash everything;)

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011

lol. i just went through hell trying to figure out how to update. 3 things were screwing me. radio needs to be xxla2. kernel needs to be google stock for 4.0.4 imm76d release. that means stock boot.img. gotta undo og's kernel. and i had a battery percentage mod i didn't think would affect anything. thankfully i had a nandroid from 10 days ago. i should've had one from 2 days ago, but oh well. that's why we backup, backup and backup our backups. and yes. root lost. but download ota root keeper from market. i'm about to put my root back in and update anything i lost. :D

Last edited:

mike216

Nov 12, 2010
cleveland
I personal am happy to donate to you OG no problem and its really cool others feel the same. Really the only way I can give back but hopefully one day I will be able to contribute to the code. Much to learn with a kid and a job feels like I never have any time to sit down and read. :eek:

mike216

Nov 12, 2010
cleveland
I wanted to get OGS permission before posting his work and I'm sure your not new to flashing and don't mind going back in recovery for it! OG also included his suggested UV to it! I'm now at around 86% with 48 minutes of screen on time! This would be right of the charger so at this rate I'm on track to blow away 5+ hours of screen on time (wifi) ;)

mike216

Nov 12, 2010
cleveland
Here I am right now :) this kernel is f*+*king insane!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334991618518.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334991618518.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 211

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
I wanted to get OGS permission before posting his work and I'm sure your not new to flashing and don't mind going back in recovery for it! OG also included his suggested UV to it! I'm now at around 86% with 48 minutes of screen on time! This would be right of the charger so at this rate I'm on track to blow away 5+ hours of screen on time (wifi) ;)

i was breaking your balls. i saw that earlier. i need the 1.4ghz. my phone can run it. i wanna try 1.5 but i don't see anybody has it. i do see 1.8 has been broke.

ogdobber

Nov 4, 2008
i was breaking your balls. i saw that earlier. i need the 1.4ghz. my phone can run it. i wanna try 1.5 but i don't see anybody has it. i do see 1.8 has been broke.
1.8 only recommended for people living in Antarctica:rolleyes:

Hi there, any plans for further enhancement to the current kernel version?

whoops I hit thanks instead of reply. But yes, I am always testing things. I post test kernels on twitter...up to version 3.1.8. Nothing is worthy of a release yet...

mike216

Nov 12, 2010
cleveland
I can't use my phone for 5 hours straight but I'm consistently on it for an hour or so. Even better results last night

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335026900987.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335026900987.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 126

nazrin313

Mar 6, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I can't use my phone for 5 hours straight but I'm consistently on it for an hour or so. Even better results last night

Omg!! Dats craaazy...are u on the stock battery? Or extended..u on wifi? Or mobile data? How many apps do u have installed?

I can never get that sorta performance..max screen time before my batt died was 3h24mins. (On mob data 100%)

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
1.8 only recommended for people living in Antarctica:rolleyes:

whoops I hit thanks instead of reply. But yes, I am always testing things. I post test kernels on twitter...up to version 3.1.8. Nothing is worthy of a release yet...

I definitely don't need 1.8, especially the heat it creates. Have you tried the touch wake mod, og? I think that would benefit some users in battery. We could set screen off 15 seconds and lock 15 seconds or so after screen off. When using phone away from home, distractions distract from phone and it ends up timing out and then I have to unlock. 15 second screen off is too fast. If touch wake mod is incorporated into your battery mizer kernel we could tweak that for better battery savings when we forget to manually lock phone.

bow chicka wow wow.

mike216

Nov 12, 2010
cleveland
+1 I love the touckwake mod
But I will say by touckwake preventing the phone from deep sleep it will depending on the time set delay some so if the user sets a high time battery will take a hit

Last edited:

mike216

Nov 12, 2010
cleveland
Omg!! Dats craaazy...are u on the stock battery? Or extended..u on wifi? Or mobile data? How many apps do u have installed?

I can never get that sorta performance..max screen time before my batt died was 3h24mins. (On mob data 100%)

Stock Verizon battery about 133 apps and this was all wifi. One day when I have time I want to see what this beast can do over 5-6 hours. Everyday before work I walk my dogs around 40 minutes and usually don't loose 1% while listening to music. Pretty good kernel!

Reactions: nazrin313

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011

Lol. I get about 12% per hour drain on wifi. About 14-18% per hour when I have good cell signal. When at work, I lose 15-25% per hour, but it mostly ~20%+. I am fixing to try some tweaks to my setcpu profiles, frequencies and trying aggressive voltages again. My uv's are slightly aggressive now and I know I can go lower. 4.0.2 had a bug, or didn't like uv's when I plugged 3.5mm jack in. The higher my 350 voltage the less reboots I had. I haven't had one reboot since .4 update so I gonna tweak my voltages again. Running 825, 925, 1025, 1125 and 1200mv respectively. I can go lower on my 350, 700 and 920 frequencies. My 1200 voltage is about as low as I can go, but I will see if it can go lower since I am on .4 now and not getting any kind of reboots whatsoever.

bow chicka wow wow.

Top Liked Posts