[KERNEL] [GSM/LTE/CDMA] [4.0.4] CMPlus for Tuna [11 JUN]

Search This thread

sert00

May 28, 2011
cesena,IT
this kernel is so fast!!
i had tried all the kernelz out there,tested for weeks,months etc,change it every day or 2,but with this kernel i have the most performant conditions.like the fact of have many usefull tweaks and features (a must at this point fopr this phone,like soundboost,gamma corrections etc,and for who is not familiar with editing txt or files (like cmplus)using glados\franco app you can speedly change\sets all based on personal tastes.battery is good,not the most out there but in line with others kernels and in line with the use\settings that every users does.personally i don't care about the battery,i don't mind it,i'm at home every night and charge my nex at least.i usually see more the performance than the battery managment!and this kernels..rocks!!speedy,lean and extra-featured.good job chekkybutt,stick with yours kernels from now on, keep up the good work!hats off to the dev :D

Reactions: ch33kybutt
S

Samsuck

For some reason my phone won't charge past 96 percent on this kernel. Is that normal?

Sorry if that's a stupid question

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

S

Samsuck

it looks like kernel is preset like that. go here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24545601&postcount=2 and look for blx and it says 96. You can change this in the script :D

Thanks man! Unfortunately I'm confused on the script. I copied the original file in /system/bin and moved it to my SD cars but the format is not the same as in the 2nd post. I put "100" next to the two equal signs and rebooted but it didn't work.

I also saw something about how to enable the script, I know the values but simply don't know where to place them

S

Samsuck

Or am I supposed to copy his settings from the second post and make a file named cmplus.conf on the SD card?

ch33kybutt

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2008
Or am I supposed to copy his settings from the second post and make a file named cmplus.conf on the SD card?

Just copy the file /etc/cmplus.conf to /sdcard/cmplus.conf then modify.

If you want to do it on the phone itself, I recommend ES File Explorer. [ Settings > Root Explorer & Mount File System ] to enable root access and mounting system as writeable.

Reactions: sert00

mistermojorizin

Dec 21, 2011
Google Pixel 5
Just copy the file /etc/cmplus.conf to /sdcard/cmplus.conf then modify.

If you want to do it on the phone itself, I recommend ES File Explorer. [ Settings > Root Explorer & Mount File System ] to enable root access and mounting system as writeable.

just trying to understand how this works. you end up with 2 copies of the file - the original in the etc/ and the one you modified on your sdcard/

does the one in etc sync with the changes you make on sdcard? or does the kernel execute the script right off your sdcard at boot?

jefbuan

Sep 22, 2010
ruh
i never try any other kernel after using cmplus..i think cheekybutt always hear what people suggest and ask.were just like consumer hoping for a best product and cheeky is like a manufacturer who caters what is best for consumers..

sean1984

Aug 31, 2011
Orlando
just trying to understand how this works. you end up with 2 copies of the file - the original in the etc/ and the one you modified on your sdcard/

does the one in etc sync with the changes you make on sdcard? or does the kernel execute the script right off your sdcard at boot?

you modify the script once copied to sd then copy back to etc after you copied the one you modified you should be able to delete the original script and keep the modified script with your personal prefs

Last edited:

ch33kybutt

Oct 25, 2008

Cmplus script first checks for presence of /sdcard/cmplus.conf. If it exists then loads your custom settings and bypasses /etc/cmplus.conf. If doesn't exist then it loads my settings from /etc/cmplus.conf

So you don't need to delete /etc/cmplus.conf

Basian Mile

Mar 14, 2011
I use that Kernel now and like it. Very nice. Thx for that. Seems to have nice batterylive.

Send from SGN with XDA

neur0tk

Dec 17, 2010
Latrobe
Flashed this kernel up now! This is a sweet choice of governors tons to choose from ;)

Sent from my BAMF'd Gnexus

S

Samsuck

Anyone having issues with their LED light not coming on consistently after receiving notifications?

db306

Aug 14, 2010
Hey guys. I didn't happen to see it anywhere but is there somewhere that has an explanation of the different governors and what does everyone recommend? Thanks

CMNein

Apr 23, 2012
Calgary

ch33kybutt

Oct 25, 2008
Hi ch33kybutt

Am using your lastest kernel with BlackICE Rom. But have been experiencing random reboot frequently. The random reboot occurs when I using whatsapp, or browsing web and etc. Have post the last_kmsg at http://pastebin.com/9z9Q1ivv please help me take a look, thank you.
Can't tell much from the log. Ended right after Smartreflex calibration of OPP for 1350/1420MHz MPU frequency. Such speeds might be unstable in your device. Use Setcpu or any ROM control to manually increase upper voltage limits for 1350 & 1420 by increments of 25mV until reboots stop.

ch33kybutt

Oct 25, 2008
3.0.30-CMPlus-Tuna-1204292248

Changelog
* Updated to Linux version 3.0.30
* Updated Power Management routines from Omapzoom
* Reverted touchscreen boost from interactive governor (battery drain)
* Updated interactive governor from Android/kernel-common
* Modified upper and lower limits for Smartreflex voltage levels
* Reduced voltage for 384MHz GPU, using the same OPP as 307MHz GPU
* Added GPU Speed Contol by Imoseyon
--- echo X > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/gpu_oc
--- (where X is 0 for 307MHz, 1 for 384MHz, 2 for 512MHz)
* Updated with misc relevant patches from Omapzoom
* Compiled using latest Linaro GCC-4.7.1 compiler customized for Tuna

Finally managed to get GPU unstuck from 384MHz! Unfortunately, my device doesn't play well with 512MHz GPU frequency. Lots of consecutive HWRecoveryResetSGX logs in dmesg whenever running Nenamark2, which means GPU keeps crashing and resetting at 512MHz. But I'm putting it out there anyway, as not all devices are made equal.

Last edited:

Basian Mile

Mar 14, 2011
Flashed it allready :)

--

btw...What Rom did you use to make the Benchmarks in 1st Post?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requires:
    1) a rooted GNex
    2) a custom recovery
    3) someone who knows what 1) and 2) mean.

( ... provided as-is ... use at your own risk ... won't be held responsible ... blah blah blah ... etcetera, etcetera ... )

I'm not really focused on getting the best benchmark results, as they mainly focus on raw throughput for CPU, GPU and memory, which anyone can easily top with some questionable hacks and a freezer. Not really real-world testing, imho. No benchmark app that I know of can effectively provide test results for latencies and responsiveness (but if anyone knows any benchmark which can measure that, please let me know). Reducing latency and improving responsiveness for the best possible user experience is, and will always be, my main aim for this kernel, whilst also trying not to wreak too much havoc on battery life.

CMPlus kernel is based on stock CM9 kernel with additional features that I think are useful. Initially built it for CM9, but also tested in other ROMs such as AOKP, ARHD, BAMF, BlackICE, CNA, Gummy, Liquid, etc. This kernel is mainly for my personal use, but anyone is free to download and use. Note that I am not obliged to accede to any/all requests, so apologies in advance for not answering all questions and requests, as I really, really don't have the time for thread management and really, really dislike the hassle of answering questions that have been answered countless times before.

This kernel has all existing features of stock CM9 Kernel (384MHz GPU, TUN, KSM, CIFS, NFS). All I've done are minor changes, so 99.999% of the credit deservingly goes to KalimochoAz, teamhacksung, CM team and of course, Google. And more so the devs listed below ...

Current version:
    - Additional 200, 528, 1072, 1420 & 1500 MHz MPU frequency steps
    - Disabled unnecessary debug options
    - Enabled relevant ARM errata
    - Optimized RWSEM & CRC32 algorithms (Ezekeel)
    - SLQB memory allocator
    - SIO I/O scheduler
    - Optimized conservative, interactive & ondemand cpufreq governors (interactive as default)
    - Alternative governors: Lazy & Wheatley (Ezekeel), Smartass2 (Erasmux) & Lulzactive (Tegrak)
    - Removed powersave and userspace cpufreq governors
    - Westwood+ as default TCP advanced congestion control
    - Userspace voltage control (Michael Huang)
    - Undervolted nominal VDD_MPU, VDD_IVA & VDD_CORE by 50mV
    - Reduced regulator voltages to VAUX3 and VUSIM for reduced screen-on battery consumption
    - Less conservative temperature throttling thresholds
    - Fast charge patch (Chad Froebel)
    - BLX: Battery Life eXtender, Sound Control, Touchwake, Vibration Control, Fsync Control (Ezekeel)
    - User control of WiFi PM mode on sleep (PM_MAX default)
    - Gamma Preset to control contrast levels
    - Customizable startup script for controlling SmartReflex, Sound Control, BLX, Touchwake, Vibration, WiFi PM, Fsync, Gamma Preset and Color Control settings
    - Screenstate modes to control settings for CPU Scheduler, Virtual Memory & Music Mode
    - Other relevant patches from Omapzoom, Codeaurora & Android/kernel-common
    - Compiled using a self-built Linaro 4.7.1 toolchain optimized for Tuna

- Applicable for both Maguro & Toro variants of Tuna (all sound kinda fishy to me)
    - Koush's anykernel format, so does not modify existing ramdisk.
    - Install in custom recovery

For real issues, please provide the following:
    - ROM name and version
    - Copy-n-paste dmesg & last_kmsg output to http://pastebin.com/ and provide URL
    Code:
    1. Start terminal emulator session
    2. > su
    3. # dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt
    For reboot/freeze problem, replace Step 3 above with
    3. # cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/last_kmsg.txt
    4. Paste contents of resultant txt files to pastebin.com
    5. Post pastebin URLs here in this thread for diagnosis
    - What you were doing with your phone at the time ;)

In other words, help me to help you. Clairvoyancy and telepathy are a couple of skills that I don't possess ... yet ;P

I do this for masochistic tendencies fun, so won't accept donations. But if you feel the inescapable urge to part with your ill-gotten gains hard-earned savings, then why not donate to where it actually matters.
    3.0.34-CMPlus-Tuna-120611
    Changelog
    * Updated to Linux 3.0.34
    * Compiled using latest Linaro GCC-4.7.1 compiler customized for Tuna
    3.0.32-CMPlus-Tuna-120524
    Changelog
    * Updated to Linux 3.0.32
    * Reverted to TREE_PREEMPT_RCU from JRCU
    * Disabled SCHED_AUTOGROUP as it had no visible performance boost
    * Updated cmplus script
    ---- Removed modification of vm.drop_caches in Screenstate as it caused instability
    ---- Back to using my own personal preferences as default settings :p
    3.0.32-CMPlus-Tuna-120531
    Changelog
    * Reverted Wifi voltage back to stock 2.0V
    * Tweaked and re-enabled Lulzactive cpufreqgovernor
    * Added fix for I2C crash by Imoseyon
    * Changed to Vibrator Control by Ezekeel (removed Morfic's)
    * Enabled CONFIG_AIO with extra patch to reduce I/O latency
    * Re-disabled ARCH_POWER in sched_features.h (no improvement)
    * Misc updates from Omapzoom and Codeaurora
    * Updated cmplus script
    ---- Removed Hotplug from Screenstate mode as it caused instability
    3.0.31-CMPlus-Tuna-120511
    Changelog
    * Enabled ARM sched_mc & sched_smt (multi-core & multi-threading) support
    * Added simple workaround to CM9's run-parts "no-forking" problem
    ---- Screenstate mode (Screen-ON = performance, Screen-OFF = economy) now enabled by default
    * Misc patches from android/kernel-common

Thanks to a simple sysinit workaround, users of CM9-based ROMs (CM9, Skankwich, ParanoidAndroid) can now enable Screenstate mode, and also Music mode & Hotplug. Also enabled support for sched_mc & sched_smt which is supposed to improve CPU scheduler's decision making when dealing with multi-core chips and multi-threading.