When can we see some new releases? I'm having withdrawals haha

ch33kybutt
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by nklenchik View Post
When can we see some new releases? I'm having withdrawals haha
Lol, didn't I say I was taking a break? Actually testing some scheduler tweaks which improve responsiveness, and also waiting for Linux kernel 3.0.32 to drop.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ch33kybutt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nklenchik
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Oh yeah I forgot about that haha no problem though, take as much time as you'd like

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

ch33kybutt
Old
Thanks Meter 835
Quote:
Had a strange, idk what to call it on the new kernel this morning (forced me back to Franco for now). I went to bed, phone at 99%, woke up and it was on with a dark grey screen with the led light staying on white. Couldn't do anything but a battery pull and when I rebooted it was at 62%
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmanUV View Post
ok I disabled hotplug (in fact I'm using the default script now).
This morning, my alarm app went off and I snoozed it (as usual ). 10 minutes later I woke up to a freezed phone and extremely high tempreture. It wasn't too hot to touch but damn it was close. I panicked and removed the battery instantly.
Hopefully there is a way to debug this (wherever the problem is, I'm using CM9 nightlies).
Quote:
Originally Posted by !crazy View Post
I was having that issue too, and since I set SCREENSTATE=0 it didn't happen any more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus.prime View Post
+1 here. will set SCREENSTATE=0
Found out the most likely reason for the above reported cases is a bug in the cmplus script for Screenstate mode, which inadvertently allocated 100% of CPU bandwidth to real-time tasks when screen-off. So what most likely happened is that a run-away real-time task managed to lock up your devices and consume all CPU bandwidth. Totally doofus move on my part, so sincerest apologies. But now that I've found it, it will be fixed in next build. Not only that, but finding that bug helped me to better tweak and allocate CPU bandwidth in Screenstate mode, and I must say that UI is really responsive with the new CPU scheduler tweaks.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ch33kybutt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

metroidnemesis13
Old
(Last edited by metroidnemesis13; 16th May 2012 at 04:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinistois View Post
Yesterday I had to call 911.

Every time the call connected, the phone hung up. Tried 3 times. Luckily they were able to trace the call to my location.

Is this more likely to be an issue with this particular rom, or CM9 base, or ??

Kind of serious, no?
This may be considered a double post, but I can report also that I have had problems with 911.

I was robbed yesterday (my other galaxy nexus was stolen) as well as a Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket. I tried calling 911 but my phone would not dial out to emergency services. It said "Call Failed" with no ring and 55 seconds on the call time. I tried this about nine times before I went into a target and used their phone. My phone calls everyone else fine. I just tried again and it still does this. I was never able to get through.

My Gnex is running May 8th's nightly. Luckily I was not bleeding out or anything, but this might need to be fixed. Still love the ROM and all the developers who work on it.

Here is the original post

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=26173884
Nokia 918 > Nokia 2600b > iPhone 3G 16 GB > MyTouch 3G (ver 1) > iPhone 3G S > Nexus One > Samsung Vibrant/HTC HD2 > Nexus S/HTC HD2/iPhone 4 > Galaxy S II i9100/Samsung Focus > Galaxy Nexus/Omnia 7

Mint Galaxy Nexus is available for trade for Grey One X!! PM me and we'll start a thread.

ch33kybutt
Old
Thanks Meter 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidnemesis13 View Post
This may be considered a double post, but I can report also that I have had problems with 911.

I was robbed yesterday (my other galaxy nexus was stolen) as well as a Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket. I tried calling 911 but my phone would not dial out to emergency services. It said "Call Failed" with no ring and 55 seconds on the call time. I tried this about nine times before I went into a target and used their phone. My phone calls everyone else fine. I just tried again and it still does this. I was never able to get through.

My Gnex is running May 8th's nightly. Luckily I was not bleeding out or anything, but this might need to be fixed. Still love the ROM and all the developers who work on it.

Here is the original post

http://www.forum.xda-developers.com/...98495&page=396
Bad luck, dude. Glad you're okay. The thing is, android kernel has nothing to do with emergency calling. What ROM and Baseband were you using?

metroidnemesis13
Old
Thanks Meter 29
It probably doesn't. I was just adding onto that guy's experience that it didn't work.

Baseband: I9250XXKK6
Cyanogenmod Version:
9-20120508-NIGHTLY-maguro
Nokia 918 > Nokia 2600b > iPhone 3G 16 GB > MyTouch 3G (ver 1) > iPhone 3G S > Nexus One > Samsung Vibrant/HTC HD2 > Nexus S/HTC HD2/iPhone 4 > Galaxy S II i9100/Samsung Focus > Galaxy Nexus/Omnia 7

Mint Galaxy Nexus is available for trade for Grey One X!! PM me and we'll start a thread.

avyonix
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidnemesis13 View Post
It probably doesn't. I was just adding onto that guy's experience that it didn't work.

Baseband: I9250XXKK6
Cyanogenmod Version:
9-20120508-NIGHTLY-maguro
Wrong thread then..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

nklenchik
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Superb battery life today. I unplugged at 7:45am and now it's 9:51pm with 40% battery left. This is texting all day, some web browsing, and 2 hours at the gym. Awesome!
The Following User Says Thank You to nklenchik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spr33
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Superb battery life today. I unplugged at 7:45am and now it's 9:51pm with 40% battery left. This is texting all day, some web browsing, and 2 hours at the gym. Awesome!
What govenor/speeds are you using?
LG Nexus 4 - PA 3+
Asus Nexus 7 - Rooted stock

Tags
kernel tuna cmplus cm9