[KERNEL] [GPL] [GN] franco.Kernel r395

Tip us?

J-Hop2o6
Old
Thanks Meter 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyfoxeh View Post
Nope and nope.

Wi-Fi is set to off when not plugged in and my phone has been lying approx 3ft away from the router.
Rouge apps? I have a total of 48 apps installed which is quite on the low side compared most people I've seen, I'm very restrictive to only keep installed ones I really use. Back on 4.1.2 I had roughly the same apps and MUCH better battery drain on idle.

The problem here is 4.2 for sure. (I'm not the only one who's experiencing worse battery life since 4.2)
Check to see if Google Maps Latitude/Location Updates is enabled. If any are, disable them. That is an idle battery drainer.
HTC One (Tmo)
ROM: ViperOne 6.1.0 (4.4.2 / 6.0 / 1.54) | Kernel: ElementalX 14.0
Radio: 4A.23...28 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0

Previous Phones

GNex | ROM: XenonHD 8.0 (4.2.2) - April 13 | Kernel: Franco.Kernel r376 (3.0.74) - April 22
Radio: XXLH1 | Recovery: TWRP 2.6.X | Etc: Nova Launcher Prime 2.0.2 [Retired 04/2013]
HTC G2/Desire Z [Retired 08/2012]
HTC Touch Pro2 [Retired 12/2010]

Tmo LTE (SW Seattle)

lightingcloud
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Default R: [KERNEL][GPL][GN] franco.Kernel-r364 -> 4.2 | r300 -> 4.1

I had my first freeze since 364, while downloading a game from the humble Bundle app. The download begins, but around 4/6% the phone freeze and I have to Pull the battery. Ideas?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

The Gingerbread Man
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3579
Default Re: [KERNEL][GPL][GN] franco.Kernel-r364 -> 4.2 | r300 -> 4.1

Quote:
What is this? This is after a day or literally NO use and screen off 100% of the time.

Your battery stats show your screen was used

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightingcloud View Post
I had my first freeze since 364, while downloading a game from the humble Bundle app. The download begins, but around 4/6% the phone freeze and I have to Pull the battery. Ideas?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
This is one which has a few people stumped atm, I think it may be to do with deadline io schedular but I'm not certain. You should post your configuration and any others who have these freezes on the regular should post theirs also

The Following User Says Thank You to The Gingerbread Man For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jeffcavicchi
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gingerbread Man View Post

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

This is one which has a few people stumped atm, I think it may be to do with deadline io schedular but I'm not certain. You should post your configuration and any others who have these freezes on the regular should post theirs also

Just an FYI, there is definitely a conflict between headphone boost and Google Music. Headphone boost on, I get no more than 15 - 20 seconds of music before it shuts off - regardless of whether I am streaming or playing something stored locally. Headphone boost off, same files/streams play no problem. Headphone boost does not interfere with my podcast player or other audio - definitely a Google Music issue.

The Gingerbread Man
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3579

Quote:
Nope and nope.

Wi-Fi is set to off when not plugged in and my phone has been lying approx 3ft away from the router.
Rouge apps? I have a total of 48 apps installed which is quite on the low side compared most people I've seen, I'm very restrictive to only keep installed ones I really use. Back on 4.1.2 I had roughly the same apps and MUCH better battery drain on idle.

The problem here is 4.2 for sure. (I'm not the only one who's experiencing worse battery life since 4.2)
When you say roughly it doesn't mean exactly the same apps does it? Im with osmosis on this you have apps causing major wake locks and your screen shot of your battery even shows your screen was used. Why don't you post better evidence to back you up like your screen on time, your top few apps using CPU time and maybe even one of CPU spy. Baiscly what your showing is BS tbh there without anytjijmg substantial to back you up

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffcavicchi View Post
Just an FYI, there is definitely a conflict between headphone boost and Google Music. Headphone boost on, I get no more than 15 - 20 seconds of music before it shuts off - regardless of whether I am streaming or playing something stored locally. Headphone boost off, same files/streams play no problem. Headphone boost does not interfere with my podcast player or other audio - definitely a Google Music issue.
Did you try the same test with WiFi pm fast mode enabled?

Timmyfoxeh
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Before you point out the obvious, please pay attention to the other part of the battery stats where screen was not used at all and still it dropped from ~35% battery to 0%.
HTC One - S-Off + Stock GPE
Galaxy Nexus - Stock 4.3
Desire Z - Andromadus
~Timmy Fox

jeffcavicchi
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
When you say roughly it doesn't mean exactly the same apps does it? Im with osmosis on this you have apps causing major wake locks and your screen shot of your battery even shows your screen was used. Why don't you post better evidence to back you up like your screen on time, your top few apps using CPU time and maybe even one of CPU spy. Baiscly what your showing is BS tbh there without anytjijmg substantial to back you up

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

Did you try the same test with WiFi pm fast mode enabled?

Yes - forgot to mention that. Tried it both on and off - no difference.

See here:

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/33440-goo...-all-the-time/

The Gingerbread Man
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3579

Quote:
Before you point out the obvious, please pay attention to the other part of the battery stats where screen was not used at all and still it dropped from ~35% battery to 0%.
The thing is its not neseserily kernel related I'm gonna say rouge apps are running havoc on that users system, that is until better screen shots have been provided until then I call BS

Timmyfoxeh
Old
(Last edited by Timmyfoxeh; 10th February 2013 at 02:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Yeah, I may have changed 1 or 2 apps in the past few months but overall it's more app uninstalls than installs I've been doing.
Also if you care to do any research, my experience is very similar to what I've seen other people say. I'm knowledged enough to know how to limit what apps can do to my battery when idle and in overall I highly doubt there's an app causing this. I've had pretty bad battery life since day 1 of 4.2 and I'm not the only one on this forum with that experience.

Quote:
The thing is its not neseserily kernel related I'm gonna say rouge apps are running havoc on that users system, that is until better screen shots have been provided until then I call BS
I never said it was kernel related, I'm just posting a screenshot of what I saw in the morning after picking up my completely discharged Gnex from the desk in the morning. I've always had bad battery life since 4.1, and before you blame my apps, please read the above, it is NOT my apps. My top 3 drainers based on Android battery stats tend to be Screen, Android OS and Phone Idle (Screen or Phone Idle tend to be by far the highest depending on if I keep my phone idle or use the screen for a bit)

My entire point is that going to 4.2 (and 4.2.1) from 4.1.2 have given me some very noticeable battery drain on idle on idle. That is with the same phone, same apps, same kernel (franco, stock also is pretty much the same), same everything except for Android 4.2 vs 4.1.2
Also YES I have flashed it clean, I flashed the stock factory image (coming from a custom ROM) which wipes your entire device (including sdcard).
HTC One - S-Off + Stock GPE
Galaxy Nexus - Stock 4.3
Desire Z - Andromadus
~Timmy Fox

xI mEzMeRiZe Ix
Old
Thanks Meter 164

Not sure if this is relevant to the battery issues, but at my college, the WiFi keeps my phone and tablet awake when connected. DS Battery Saver is a necessity when I am here. Home WiFi doesn't cause any problems.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Tags
4.0.4, 4.1, 4.2, best kernel, best support, fast, franco, galaxy, jb 4.1, kernel, nexus, samsung