5,603,646 Members 36,483 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] [GPL] [GN] franco.Kernel r395

Tip us?

Bisazz
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Just letting you know, USB host seems to not be working. I am able to use a USB stick with stickmount no problems, but using a usb mouse or ps3 controller won't work. Just flashed AOKP b33, and tried it out with faux kernel before re-flashing yours, and it was working. Just wondering if you can look into seeing why it's disabled in your kernel.

rovertjoey
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Unable to download any zip files from the op. But able to download files from other threads. Am I missing something other than brains?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

svan71
Old
Thanks Meter 101
[QUOTE=rovertjoey;25151478]Unable to download any zip files from the op. But able to download files from other threads. Am I missing something other than brains?

all available files are in the nightly link...no prob downloading here..

Metallice
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4405

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nklenchik View Post
Hey man, what are you personally using lately? I've tried lazy in the past few builds but my idle times aren't that great.

In any case, thanks for your work with Liquid :P
Well, yeah, if you're referring to time spent in deep sleep, of course an interactive based governor will give you better results. Since an interactive governor will scale to the highest frequency quickly, the system will be able to reach deep idle a lot quicker.

So it really depends on your usage patterns. Are you the kind of user who will turn the screen on, check the time, and turn it off? Are you pulling it out of your pocket, reading a text or email, firing off a response, and then back in the pocket it goes? Well than interactive will give you the best battery life. However, if your the kind of person who will take their phone out, play a game, read the news, browse the web, check out reddit, and then turn it off, Lazy will do best for you.

Basically when you do go on your phone, how long do you spend on it? Minutes at a time? - Lazy. A minute, maybe two? - Interactive.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Metallice For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

soapinmouth
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Franco I finally figured out what has been giving me so much lag lately, it's smart reflex. The second i turn it off my phone turns to butter, what's up with that? If it's unfixable, any chance of having smart reflex off, on screen on, ever implemented?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

gparmar76
Old
Thanks Meter 187
I finally got to playing with r141 today and I have to say, this is by far the best overall kernel for the Galaxy Nexus hands down...no lag, great battery life AND benchmarks...wow. The updater app is awesome too...I'm currently using this with Bugless Pete...awesome combination!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

rovertjoey
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertjoey View Post
Unable to download any zip files from the op. But able to download files from other threads. Am I missing something other than brains?

Had to go into xda site through browser to download. Unable to download through tapatalk. Whierd

BryanChung
Old
Thanks Meter 65

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehnsherr View Post
Maybe his fingers is capable of moving and using the phone in matters of nanoseconds
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaola View Post
I bet his got an iPhone that he uses and secretly use gnex when alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnr21 View Post
Screen on time 2 minutes? :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmso View Post
what the ....u use your phone like a pager...?
u only turn on the screen at the beginning then turn it on for this screenshot...
Haha you guys are funny! :P Okay because I was out camping for 3 days 2 nights and I forgotten to turn off my phone before that. So when I got back to camp, I realised my phone was dead. =D So just saying, it could last 2 days without usage. Haha =D

-----------------------------------------------
Bryan Chung's Blog:
http://www.bryanchung.sg
Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)

milander
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanChung View Post
Haha you guys are funny! :P Okay because I was out camping for 3 days 2 nights and I forgotten to turn off my phone before that. So when I got back to camp, I realised my phone was dead. =D So just saying, it could last 2 days without usage. Haha =D
Actually, your phone should be able to last much longer if you ain't using it. You must have plenty of background apps running.

Sent from Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

stellaryt
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Just flashed latest liquid rom to try r142.I love the lazy governor.
For the battery drain r141 is good for me.20hrs with 3hrs screen on time,30% left.
If r142 is the milestone,I will say OH YES!LOL.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Samsung Galaxy Nexus

ROM: AOKP
Baseband: XXLA2
Bootloader: Primekl03
Kernel:Franco's or Trinity NP
Launcher: NovaLauncher By kevin@TeslaCoil
Theme:Amoled BLUE By etoy

SonyEricsson XPERIA X1i
SPL: Hard-SPL v1.0 by OliNex
Radio Version: 1.14.25.55

Tags
4.0.4, 4.1, 4.2, best kernel, best support, fast, franco, galaxy, jb 4.1, kernel, nexus, samsung