XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] [GPL] [GN] franco.Kernel r395

Tip us?

reysonance
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaich View Post
Still cannot understand poweramp stutters problem-earlier, on 4.0 and 4.1 I managed to resolve it playing with frequencies, now, since r360 or maybe some other build, I don't remember exactly, the problem returned. I discovered it on r364, I suppose, because I do not listen to the music constantly, but with that build the stutters were obvious and not only with flacs. So I flashed back many 4.1.2 builds and no one could cure it. Began to play with settings and voltages, no result. Tried many other kernels, and obviously, some kernels reduce the problem to the minimum, lean kernel, for the instance and the current kernel I use. But when I flash back 364 and use the same settings as in those kernels, the stutters don't desappear...
Yes, I know most users don't experience such problems with Franco kernels, I see the ROM and the programms can be involved too, but, if it's true, why do other kernels solve the issue? Any ideas?
Someone over RasBean thread have the exact same problem as you, can't get rid of it despite changing multiple settings, the only thing working for him/her right now is either stock, lean and AK it seems, Franco/Trinity has the same issue. Have you tried other apps? Either the app or the file is the culprit, a few files from my library also for some reason stutters so much to the point it stops the system to a grinding halt.

alexdemonumber3
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Default Re: [KERNEL][GPL][GN] franco.Kernel r365 -> 4.2.2 | r364 -> 4.2 | r300 -> 4.1

Is it just me or does BFQ seems really fast? I've been running it for a bit and it definitely feels liquid.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

gaich
Old
(Last edited by gaich; 23rd February 2013 at 11:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by reysonance View Post
Someone over RasBean thread have the exact same problem as you, can't get rid of it despite changing multiple settings, the only thing working for him/her right now is either stock, lean and AK it seems, Franco/Trinity has the same issue. Have you tried other apps? Either the app or the file is the culprit, a few files from my library also for some reason stutters so much to the point it stops the system to a grinding halt.
Yes, I tried Play music repeating the stuttering tracks if they weren't flacs, the stutters remain, and I also used my home stereo to test the problem files - they're OK. And I reinstalled poweramp, flashed clean rom, wiped everything I could, used osmosis' reset zip etc...
With lean there were some stutters too playing some hard flac files, with AK I do not hear any stutters at all (but I am testing it just for a day). So I think it's something within the kernel...
Edited: here's on of the tracks causing stutter, maybe anybody could check it on his phone?
MAGURO [ROM] AOKP-nightly (kitkat 4.4.2-KVT49L) - 4/18/2014 [KERNEL] Franco r396 [RADIO] XXLJ1 [RECOVERY] CWM 6.0.4.8 touch [BL] PRIMEMD04 [LAUNCHER] Nova Prime 2.3 [FRAMEWORK] Xposed [CUSTOMIZATION] GravityBox KK
For those appreciating my translations - you cannot use donations in Russian PayPal account, but if you want to thank me this way, you can send them as payments for goods and services to PayPal address gaich@live.ru.

Icecoldmeat
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Default Re: [KERNEL][GPL][GN] franco.Kernel r365 -> 4.2.2 | r364 -> 4.2 | r300 -> 4.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdemonumber3 View Post
Is it just me or does BFQ seems really fast? I've been running it for a bit and it definitely feels liquid.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
BFQ was franco's default.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
Galaxy Nexus - MBQ's Xylon / franco.Kernel

Apple iPhone 5 - iOS 6.1.2 Evasi0n
The Following User Says Thank You to Icecoldmeat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cryingrock
Old
Thanks Meter 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldmeat View Post
BFQ was franco's default.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
Not deadline?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Khrushy
Old
Thanks Meter 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryingrock View Post
Not deadline?

The operative part there is "was". Deadline is default now.
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Khrushy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cryingrock
Old
(Last edited by cryingrock; 23rd February 2013 at 12:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khrushy View Post
The operative part there is "was". Deadline is default now.
oops, sorry I've missed out the 'was'

Edit: may I ask about the reason for the change of default I/O?

scheggia84
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default R: [KERNEL][GPL][GN] franco.Kernel r365 -> 4.2.2 | r364 -> 4.2 | r300 -> 4.1

Hi everyone..
I'm on ROM stock 4.2.2
With franco kernel r365

Can anyone suggest me some settings for better battery life?like CPU frequencies,governor etc..

Thanks

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 2

Khizar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6521
Quote:
Originally Posted by scheggia84 View Post
Hi everyone..
I'm on ROM stock 4.2.2
With franco kernel r365

Can anyone suggest me some settings for better battery life?like CPU frequencies,governor etc..

Thanks

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 2
try osm0sis settings

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=34951507

Current Phone- Samsung Galaxy Note 3(N9005)

I have a "thank on sight" list, not many people are in it (mostly devs), BUT if i see a user that goes out of their way to help users then they will be added to it..
The Following User Says Thank You to Khizar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

malaroth
Old
Thanks Meter 295

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryingrock View Post
oops, sorry I've missed out the 'was'

Edit: may I ask about the reason for the change of default I/O?

Cuz first multiple interactive patches were merged, then we started tweaking things and now deadline runs 7.9 in the quarter mile

Franco r365
JBSourcery 4.5.5

The Following User Says Thank You to malaroth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
4.0.4, 4.1, 4.2, best kernel, best support, fast, franco, galaxy, jb 4.1, kernel, nexus, samsung