[KERNEL] [GPL] [GN] franco.Kernel r398

OP franciscofranco

28th April 2012, 09:56 PM   |  #14091  
Athens
Thanks Meter: 37

442 posts
More
Anyone know where I can download past nightlies from? I'm specifically looking for 121

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
28th April 2012, 09:57 PM   |  #14092  
Flag St. Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 7,372

8,225 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsavlis

Anyone know where I can download past nightlies from? I'm specifically looking for 121

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

http://minooch.com/franciscofranco/G...xus/nightlies/ 512 MHz GPU OC builds in Index, 384 MHz GPU OC in folder gpu_384mhz/
Last edited by raubkatze; 28th April 2012 at 10:00 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to raubkatze For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 10:19 PM   |  #14093  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 9

31 posts
More
We should be as lucky. Franco is the type of developer that has his ear to the ground, and interacts with fans, flashers, etc. If it were up to me, I would have closed the thread, had all posts deleted except mine, and all you would hear from me was my changelog. Of course I would probably be lurking other individual's threads to see what people are saying; we should be thankful Franco is not that kind of developer.

Sit back, relax, and enjoy Milestone 3.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SirOcelot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 10:31 PM   |  #14094  
Flag Texel
Thanks Meter: 275

890 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirOcelot

We should be as lucky. Franco is the type of developer that has his ear to the ground, and interacts with fans, flashers, etc. <snip>

+1

This can only be said of a handfull of devs. Francisco is one of them.

Thanks for that!

Loving r143 512. Very very smooth, great battery life (now @ 26%, 15h6m since last charge, 4h4m screen on)

Thumbs up!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ti2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 12:18 AM   |  #14095  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 1,652

685 posts
Talking for all guys that your GTA III is NOT WORKING
Quote:
Originally Posted by salivaman

Anyone have problem running gta 3 on r141?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoljo

Yeah, it does not work. Just goes back to home screen when I try to launch it.

for all guys that your GTA III is NOT WORKING

Well got my nexus a few days before and at this phrase im testing out games.

justnow, installed GTA III -> game crashed -> WTF? well but i dont panic, cause i know im excellent at researching.

after messing with it for around an hour, please take some time to read the following:

(unless specified, im talking about version 1.3, which should the latest)

1) please make sure the application package of YOUR GTA is "com.rockstar.gta3" because upon my knowledge / researched results, rockstar has released "com.rockstar.gta3ger" as their version 1.3 which the "ger" literally means german version but apart from this, the version is also considered to be "censored" because blood has been reduced and violence such as kicking enemies on the floor, are REMOVED.

2) however, i dont know which restrictions / variety of "com.rockstar.gta3ger" and "com.rockstar.gta3" apply on different areas / countries / app stores, one thing is clear - in december something like that, which means around the r18 release of franco kernel, franco has made a fix about the inability of executing GTA III. As the time reveals, at that time GTA III was just on its versions 1.0-1.2 stage, and franco directs the fix towards the application package "com.rockstar.gta". Im not going to talk about the reasons why GTA was originally incompatible, go read the first bunch of pages of this thread in december.

3) now thats the tricky point - franco fixed "com.rockstar.gta3", but you installed "com.rockstar.gta3ger" (the official censored 1.3 version from rockstar), therefore your sd card data is not fixed.

4) if you get a 1.2 version of GTA III (i dont know where), you will definitely not crash because it is "com.rockstar.gta" which is successfully directed to the fix made by franco and his sd cracking mate.

5) some of you may ask then what the hell the fix is? well, upon my knowledge i cant really answer this question technologically. but, you will notice a folder called /sd_images in your sdcard partition and inside there you will see "com.rockstar.gta.img" (all these happen after you installed the correct package of it, i.e. "com.rockstar.gta", and downloaded the data from your phone)

6) therefore, to make it work you must confirm that the package name is NOT "com.rockstar.gta3ger" as franco's fix will NOT recognize this package and its sdcard data so your game will fail to run the sd card data!

if you want some REFERENCE, try searching "GTA 1.3 uncut" (which means, the uncensored), on google

Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

It works for me, just tried it.

thanks franco, but regarding the above information, you may be interested to include "com.rockstar.gta3ger" in your fix in next few releases in order to satisfy some of the users

still, i just want to say =___= to those who leave such a great (and best) kernel just because of a game but not to invest into the issue themselves...

cheers!!
Last edited by Miasmic; 29th April 2012 at 12:21 AM. Reason: typos
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miasmic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 12:19 AM   |  #14096  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1,334

2,268 posts
More

Ondemand, 729/1228, auto brightness, SR on.

On the 512 nightly branch I was getting up to 5h under the same conditions.

Now its time for m5 and m3 to meet...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Last edited by CaspaTheGhost; 29th April 2012 at 12:26 AM.
29th April 2012, 12:23 AM   |  #14097  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Quebec
Thanks Meter: 6,480

1,498 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miasmic

for all guys that your GTA III is NOT WORKING

Well got my nexus a few days before and at this phrase im testing out games.

justnow, installed GTA III -> game crashed -> WTF? well but i dont panic, cause i know im excellent at researching.

after messing with it for around an hour, please take some time to read the following:

(unless specified, im talking about version 1.3, which should the latest)

1) please make sure the application package of YOUR GTA is "com.rockstar.gta3" because upon my knowledge / researched results, rockstar has released "com.rockstar.gta3ger" as their version 1.3 which the "ger" literally means german version but apart from this, the version is also considered to be "censored" because blood has been reduced and violence such as kicking enemies on the floor, are REMOVED.

2) however, i dont know which restrictions / variety of "com.rockstar.gta3ger" and "com.rockstar.gta3" apply on different areas / countries / app stores, one thing is clear - in december something like that, which means around the r18 release of franco kernel, franco has made a fix about the inability of executing GTA III. As the time reveals, at that time GTA III was just on its versions 1.0-1.2 stage, and franco directs the fix towards the application package "com.rockstar.gta". Im not going to talk about the reasons why GTA was originally incompatible, go read the first bunch of pages of this thread in december.

3) now thats the tricky point - franco fixed "com.rockstar.gta3", but you installed "com.rockstar.gta3ger" (the official censored 1.3 version from rockstar), therefore your sd card data is not fixed.

4) if you get a 1.2 version of GTA III (i dont know where), you will definitely not crash because it is "com.rockstar.gta" which is successfully directed to the fix made by franco and his sd cracking mate.

5) some of you may ask then what the hell the fix is? well, upon my knowledge i cant really answer this question technologically. but, you will notice a folder called /sd_images in your sdcard partition and inside there you will see "com.rockstar.gta.img" (all these happen after you installed the correct package of it, i.e. "com.rockstar.gta", and downloaded the data from your phone)

6) therefore, to make it work you must confirm that the package name is NOT "com.rockstar.gta3ger" as franco's fix will NOT recognize this package and its sdcard data so your game will fail to run the sd card data!

if you want some REFERENCE, try searching "GTA 1.3 uncut" (which means, the uncensored), on google

thanks franco, but regarding the above information, you may be interested to include "com.rockstar.gta3ger" in your fix in next few releases in order to satisfy some of the users

still, i just want to say =___= to those who leave such a great (and best) kernel just because of a game but not to invest into the issue themselves...

cheers!!

Awesome, thanks man
29th April 2012, 12:31 AM   |  #14098  
Flag rome
Thanks Meter: 38

535 posts
More
Please franco i used your app and kernel my CPU temp id 51 celsius when stay screen on phone is not hot i don't touch smartflex ( id disabled) all stock js normal?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
29th April 2012, 01:05 AM   |  #14099  
Thanks Meter: 1,769

4,815 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaspaTheGhost

Ondemand, 729/1228, auto brightness, SR on.

On the 512 nightly branch I was getting up to 5h under the same conditions.

Now its time for m5 and m3 to meet...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

What extended battery r u using?
29th April 2012, 01:47 AM   |  #14100  
Recognized Developer
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 12,845

7,684 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubkatze

Not at all. Hotplug has dynamic hotplug which turns off cpu1 when it's not needed. But Generic hotplug turns off cpu1 when screen is off.

I believe hotplug governor also turns off cpu1 when screen off today. I think that's what Franco and I talked about yesterday.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.0.4, 4.1, 4.2, best kernel, best support, fast, franco, galaxy, jb 4.1, kernel, nexus, samsung
Previous Thread Next Thread