OP franciscofranco

26th May 2012, 12:47 AM   |  #17061  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Mountain View, CA
Thanks Meter: 89,461

15,859 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm gonna release r166 in about 15 minutes. I got some confirmations from Greg White (the sdcard binary hack author) that raising the wi-fi voltage back to stock 2.0V it fixed all the signal problems he was having. Just gotta prepare everything for release, stay tuned.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2012, 01:00 AM   |  #17062  
Thanks Meter: 0

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

I'm gonna release r166 in about 15 minutes. I got some confirmations from Greg White (the sdcard binary hack author) that raising the wi-fi voltage back to stock 2.0V it fixed all the signal problems he was having. Just gotta prepare everything for release, stay tuned.

Thanks, Franco, cannot wait 166...
26th May 2012, 01:12 AM   |  #17063  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Mountain View, CA

15,859 posts
Donate to Me
More
r166
* Wi-fi voltage back to stock - this should fix the signal issues from the last builds because it seems this might be connection to some power rail related to the GSM/CDMA chip - thanks Greg for sharing your experience with me
* GENTLE_FAIR_SLEEPERS by default
* HID devices drivers added again to the kernel
* A small OMAP patch to fix a bug in the DVFS interface
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2012, 01:28 AM   |  #17064  
Thanks Meter: 214

485 posts
I think the echo command that Franco posted has fixed my data drops on 165.

I was getting drops quite frequently from wake to the middle of using the phone. Quite often my phone would come up with an indicator that my call forwarding was enabled (I have never touched this on this phone) and I would noticed no wifi/data/and an "x" in my signal icon. Sometime it would come back on its own other times required a reboot. After doing the echo first thing this morning after three drops in an hour I have not had a single one in 7 hours.

I also tested other ROM/kernel/radio configs and my common denominator was the 162-165 kernels. I also played with various voltage settings and min clock speeds with not luck.

Phone is running great right now with no issues.

Thanks Franco your work is appreciated. I wish I had you on the cappy that I had for years!

Of course, took me an hour and a half to get that post out and he has fix already. Thanks Franco, fantastic support.
Last edited by galakanokis; 26th May 2012 at 01:31 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to galakanokis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2012, 02:03 AM   |  #17065  
Flag Deerfield Beach, FL
Thanks Meter: 482

769 posts
More
Franco, haven't the wifi voltages been your own custom voltages for a while now? Why all of the sudden do you think this is happening?
Last edited by BigBake88; 26th May 2012 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Btw, I am not experiencing dropouts. Seems to be GSM only
26th May 2012, 02:14 AM   |  #17066  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Mountain View, CA

15,859 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBake88

Franco, haven't the wifi voltages been your own custom voltages for a while now? Why all of the sudden do you think this is happening?

Nop, I only started to decrease that voltage since r156 and before that I never seen a signals/wifi problems like we've been seeing in the last 2 or 3 nightlies. I want this stable, even if that means not undervolting something. I can't afford 10% of my user base (that is pretty big at this point) to have instability what so ever.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2012, 02:14 AM   |  #17067  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2

77 posts
More
Guys, would just like to ask a question - I know that it doesn't belong in this thread really but I know so many of you will be able to answer it.

I've always made sure not to overcharge my phone/tablet/camera etc to prevent from lowering the capacity of the battery and preserving it for longer. I know the latest batteries are designed to prevent that damage from occurring but I've still never left my phone to charge overnight for example even though it'd be so much more convenient for me to do so.

Just wondering whether you guys think it's safe to leave our Galaxy Nexus' to charge overnight and trust that the battery isn't being damaged? Is overcharging a thing of the past now?

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium App
26th May 2012, 02:22 AM   |  #17068  
Flag Toledo, OH
Thanks Meter: 357

1,691 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZA

Guys, would just like to ask a question - I know that it doesn't belong in this thread really but I know so many of you will be able to answer it.

I've always made sure not to overcharge my phone/tablet/camera etc to prevent from lowering the capacity of the battery and preserving it for longer. I know the latest batteries are designed to prevent that damage from occurring but I've still never left my phone to charge overnight for example even though it'd be so much more convenient for me to do so.

Just wondering whether you guys think it's safe to leave our Galaxy Nexus' to charge overnight and trust that the battery isn't being damaged? Is overcharging a thing of the past now?

Thanks

I wouldn't worry about it. Unless you're planning to keep this phone for the next two years or so with the same battery, it more or less won't be a big issue. Plus, replacement batteries will be relatively cheap by the time your battery is showing signs of decline.

This is where replaceable batteries come in handy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to chlehqls For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2012, 02:22 AM   |  #17069  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Mountain View, CA

15,859 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks

Just let it charge and don't over think or complicate what is easy. Just a free tip.
The Following User Says Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2012, 02:30 AM   |  #17070  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 21,865

26,265 posts
Quote:

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

Just let it charge and don't over think or complicate what is easy. Just a free tip.

truth.
chances are that your battery will far outlive the life of your phone anyways, even if you somehow reduce the life of the battery. ive been charging my battery until full, even over charging it, on my g1's, og droid, nexus one, nexus s, and galaxy nexus.. and all my batteries are still good(except my og droid, but thats just because it fell out of my backpack and i lost it).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.0.4, 4.1, 4.2, best kernel, best support, fast, franco, galaxy, jb 4.1, kernel, nexus, samsung
Previous Thread Next Thread