OP Recognized Developer
Flag Mountain View, CA
Thanks Meter: 90,475

16,015 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1986.

boot.img from Galaxy Nexus is typical one, ramdisk and zImage so no issues there

Thought so, thanks, now I can seriously play with this knowing that it boots.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th November 2011, 12:48 PM   |  #12  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Mountain View, CA

16,015 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spences10

Cool, will give it a go - thanks mike1986

Mike do you have any documentation you can share for unpacking the boot image?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Ok boots fine, going to try wifi

What else should I test?

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

I only get 3G reception now as before I got H??

Going to try restore and see if it is the kernel or not, for this I only need to restore the boot right? Or boot and system?

Thanks.

Other than trying the obvious ****s, how does it feel compared to stock? If you can't feel a difference can you benchmark it and tell me if anything changed from stock? I kinda sure hope so, made enough changes for that
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th November 2011, 01:24 PM   |  #13  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 44

631 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

Other than trying the obvious ****s, how does it feel compared to stock? If you can't feel a difference can you benchmark it and tell me if anything changed from stock? I kinda sure hope so, made enough changes for that

Will do

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Thats odd, bootlooping now??

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Yeah just restored and tried flashing again and its bootlooping still??
29th November 2011, 01:43 PM   |  #14  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Mountain View, CA

16,015 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spences10

Will do

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Thats odd, bootlooping now??

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Yeah just restored and tried flashing again and its bootlooping still??

Weird. Can you wipe the caches etc just to be sure? If still bootlooping I'll compile something different later.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th November 2011, 03:15 PM   |  #15  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 13,800

11,171 posts
Donate to Me
More
Can confirm the bootloop on the second flash of your kernel (from the zip mike made). The first flash through recovery went fine and the system booted up without problem. Had wifi and signal but no data and everything was running smoothly.

Rebooted into recovery, restored my backed up boot image and booted back into Android without problem.

Second flash of your kernel resulted in a bootloop at the first google screen (didnt get as far as the animation). Went back into recovery and wiped the cache and still bootlooped. Recovered boot.img from backup and booted fine. I have tried this 3 times now and its bootlooping everytime with your kernel but I dont know why it booted fine the first time..

Hope that was some help.

Mark.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th November 2011, 03:38 PM   |  #16  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Mountain View, CA

16,015 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

Can confirm the bootloop on the second flash of your kernel (from the zip mike made). The first flash through recovery went fine and the system booted up without problem. Had wifi and signal but no data and everything was running smoothly.

Rebooted into recovery, restored my backed up boot image and booted back into Android without problem.

Second flash of your kernel resulted in a bootloop at the first google screen (didnt get as far as the animation). Went back into recovery and wiped the cache and still bootlooped. Recovered boot.img from backup and booted fine. I have tried this 3 times now and its bootlooping everytime with your kernel but I dont know why it booted fine the first time..

Hope that was some help.

Mark.

Now that is weird. I'll try something different later. Thanks.
29th November 2011, 09:15 PM   |  #17  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Mountain View, CA

16,015 posts
Donate to Me
More
Doing a cleaner build now since I got two reports of bootloops when this condition was met:

1 - Flash my kernel. System booted fine
2 - Restore original boot.img
3 - Reboot fine
4 - Flash my kernel back. Bootloop

As I don't the device I'm going step by step. I wanna make sure its stable with a few tweaks, then adding all my gizmos.

This will get updated very frequently in the next days as I start to get feedback.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th November 2011, 09:23 PM   |  #18  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 13,800

11,171 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

Doing a cleaner build now since I got two reports of bootloops when this condition was met:

1 - Flash my kernel. System booted fine
2 - Restore original boot.img
3 - Reboot fine
4 - Flash my kernel back. Bootloop

As I don't the device I'm going step by step. I wanna make sure its stable with a few tweaks, then adding all my gizmos.

This will get updated very frequently in the next days as I start to get feedback.

Im on here quite regularly and more than willing to help if you need it. Just let me know when theres a new version to test

Mark.
29th November 2011, 09:25 PM   |  #19  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Mountain View, CA

16,015 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

Im on here quite regularly and more than willing to help if you need it. Just let me know when theres a new version to test

Mark.

That will be super helpful! A new one should be coming in the next 30 minutes, stay tuned
The Following User Says Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th November 2011, 10:14 PM   |  #20  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Mountain View, CA

16,015 posts
Donate to Me
More
Kernel boots fine, now its going through various testing phases.
Last edited by franciscofranco; 30th November 2011 at 12:10 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.0.4, 4.1, 4.2, best kernel, best support, fast, franco, galaxy, jb 4.1, kernel, nexus, samsung
Previous Thread Next Thread