OP franciscofranco

12th October 2012, 01:27 AM   |  #29551  
Flag Aberdeen, MD
Thanks Meter: 47

286 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

Phone is adapting itself, normal behavior.

Ok, thanks for the reply. I'll keep monitoring it though. I guess I don't usually notice it since I'm always on my phone but for some reason I've always had issues with battery life, where I can barely hit 2 hrs of screen on time with no gps/syncing/bluetooth/nfc, brightness almost 0%, great 3G signal all day long, phone deep sleeps like it should and no real long wakelocks that aren't normal, no facebook (other than through Chrome), no gtalk or latitude, no messengers at all. I get around 2 1/2 hours screen on time with wifi on all day. :/

It's frustrating that I see people around here with 5 hours of screen on time or you having almost 2 hrs yesterday and 70% left
Last edited by supernova_00; 12th October 2012 at 01:31 AM.
12th October 2012, 01:35 AM   |  #29552  
Flag Niagara Falls ON Canada
Thanks Meter: 633

2,807 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova_00

Ok, thanks for the reply. I'll keep monitoring it though. I guess I don't usually notice it since I'm always on my phone but for some reason I've always had issues with battery life, where I can barely hit 2 hrs of screen on time with no gps/syncing/bluetooth/nfc, brightness almost 0%, great 3G signal all day long, phone deep sleeps like it should and no real long wakelocks that aren't normal, no facebook (other than through Chrome), no gtalk or latitude, no messengers at all. I get around 2 1/2 hours screen on time with wifi on all day. :/

It's frustrating that I see people around here with 5 hours of screen on time or you having almost 2 hrs yesterday and 70% left

Yeah, you just give a few days and it should get used to it and give you awesome battery life
12th October 2012, 01:35 AM   |  #29553  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,353

1,184 posts
More
Okay Franco, here's the deal.
Your work is absolutely incredible.
Your kernel is amazing.
Your timing sucks like crap.

I was getting on a plane when I was reading about you releasing M6 soon, and right at the very end they said "Turn off your phone now." And then I refresh and THERE'S MILESTONE 6, and I was like "NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! JUST ONE MORE MINUTE! I CAN GET IT!!" Needless to say, right as we landed, boom, installed M6 and she is a BEAUTY!!!!

You rock, good sir. Thanks again!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to yellowdie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th October 2012, 01:36 AM   |  #29554  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 849

3,497 posts
More
Thanks for great Kernel Franco, it has been totally stable and smooth for me with each update. I tried other kernels and the one scored much higher in Quadrant but wasn't so stable, it was freezing up and not so smooth. I keep coming back to the Franco! Much appreciated Bud!
The Following User Says Thank You to LibertyMonger For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th October 2012, 01:37 AM   |  #29555  
Flag Aberdeen, MD
Thanks Meter: 47

286 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyokeun1234

Yeah, you just give a few days and it should get used to it and give you awesome battery life

I've still never seen proof, like documentation, that this occurs. Everyone always says it but no one has ever provided evidence.
12th October 2012, 02:06 AM   |  #29556  
Flag Bountiful
Thanks Meter: 349

1,933 posts
More
Why does the Core under volt menu show 307 MHz for m6?

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1350000358888.jpg
Views:	619
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	1394565
12th October 2012, 02:48 AM   |  #29557  
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 947

1,166 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeve4

Why does the Core under volt menu show 307 MHz for m6?

Attachment 1394565

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=29488

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=29494
12th October 2012, 03:16 AM   |  #29558  
Thanks Meter: 10

117 posts
Hey franco just wanted to say thanks for the milestone. It's damn fast. I was gonna go to the gym but its raining so I'll just test the kernel with some games

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
12th October 2012, 03:19 AM   |  #29559  
Thanks Meter: 174

686 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova_00

I've still never seen proof, like documentation, that this occurs. Everyone always says it but no one has ever provided evidence.

Gunna take a stab at this:

I'm guessing the battery algorithm for calculating remaining "percentage" is heuristic and updates itself on a regular basis. Say you're using Kernel A. Your phone (really the algorithm) is used to calculating values for Kernel A type of stuff. If you switch to Kernel B, it has to update itself to get a more accurate reading. This update may take some time since it has to gather data (I.e. you have to use the phone). So, after some time it will eventually get to a steady state to where it doesn't update anymore. This "update time" is usually what people call "setlling time"

Or that could be 100% wrong. In that case, sorry for BSing you

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
12th October 2012, 03:21 AM   |  #29560  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1,347

2,278 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

Nah, its smoother than SGS3 at the moment.

So you've sorted that side of things with M6 but I still miss the screen of the S3, it relegated my Gnex to its box. It will be another Nexus that does it next time for me.

M6 hasn't faltered yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.0.4, 4.1, 4.2, best kernel, best support, fast, franco, galaxy, jb 4.1, kernel, nexus, samsung
Previous Thread Next Thread