Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 50,370 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] [GPL] [GN] franco.Kernel r396

Tip us?

ortrigger
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Default Re: [KERNEL][GPL][GN] franco.Kernel r365 -> 4.2.2 | r364 -> 4.2 | r300 -> 4.1

So, I added some of the deadline tweaks into my Spectrum kernel and along with some tweaks to ondemand and it seems to be noticeably smoother.

Sent from my gnex running CarbonRom and Franco kernel
LG Nexus 5: Stock 4.4.2 KitKat, rooted, franco.kernel
Asus Nexus 7 2013: Stock 4.4.2 KitKat, rooted

malaroth
Old
Thanks Meter 295
Default Re: [KERNEL][GPL][GN] franco.Kernel r365 -> 4.2.2 | r364 -> 4.2 | r300 -> 4.1

Sorry Franco cut out my tongue and chopped off my fingers so I couldn't divulg info, typing with my nose. I don't know what is being implemented in any version so *shrugs* glad they're working good for y'all. I still like deadline better

Franco r365
JBSourcery 4.5.5

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by reysonance View Post
@malaroth, I have been running your ROW tweaks for a full 24 hour now, initial impression is pretty good, there's noticeable improvement, although deadline is still a tad bit smoother, it doesn't struggle as much when writing apps to /data for example, I can still smoothly type on the keyboard (It still stutters though) while Play Store is updating a bunch of apps, as well as installing large games. Of course that's just some very basic testing without enough sample for a proper result, I'll try it for a few more days and see how it goes.
I'm not done with row yet... just gotta figure what's needed to work out the kinks. And you cfq fans....might be awhile it's being a pain in the osm0sis

Franco r365
JBSourcery 4.5.5
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to malaroth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aryan79
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I have a problem with the Franco Kernel. Time ago before applying an OTA I restored the original kernel and then I applied the update. But with Android 4.2.x even if I restore the original kernel saved before installing the Franco I always get an error when I apply the OTA? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
LG G2 D802 (16GB) KK 4.4.2 rooted
Asus Nexus 7 2013 (32GB) KK 4.4.4 rooted
Samsung S IV Mini (8GB) KK 4.4.2 (work phone)

AKA_noodle
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by aryan79 View Post
I have a problem with the Franco Kernel. Time ago before applying an OTA I restored the original kernel and then I applied the update. But with Android 4.2.x even if I restore the original kernel saved before installing the Franco I always get an error when I apply the OTA? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
do u restore the stock recovery?
Samsung galaxy TAB - OmniRom
NEXUS 4 - PA 4.4 + *dimfish-core*
Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 - All stock + root

aryan79
Old
(Last edited by aryan79; 21st February 2013 at 06:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Yes, I do a fresh install, I backup the original Kernel and then I flash the Franco Kernel. But when I restore the original kernel I can't apply the OTA

PS: the error is --> (Status 7)

hardikjakharia
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sishgupta View Post

vbus_tuna_otg sounds like virtual bus for USB OTG devices. But for the life of me I can't figure out why this is my largest wakelock when I have yet to use OTG on my device. I wonder if its just constantly checking to see if there is a device attached. I wonder if we can tweak polling in the kernel to turn it down?

I have the vbus_tuna_otg wakelock for most of my device on time, i had usb port problem, and ghost charging issue and some time later that fixed itself, but i had this problem going on.. any way to let os ignore this wakelock and let phone go to sleep

- Hardik

osm0sis
Old
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13,918
Quote:

Thanks!
You need to read the error. Likely has nothing to do with the kernel if you properly reflashed stock.
I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post your question in the correct thread if you want a response.

Schneewitzchen
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightingcloud View Post
With or without the comment, it still don't work. None of the command in the file. Should I put them in separate files?

Also I experienced some play store related freezes, and I noticed they happen ONLY when some app is updating/downloading and the screen is about to turn off. If I keep using the device everything is fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis View Post
Did you create the file on PC and copy to phone? My only thought is you have the wrong end-of-line formatting.
this strange problem happened to me the same way

the issue was solved for me by putting the "sleep 35" command to the second line of the script after #!/system/bin/sh

Give it a try, your script should look like this:

Quote:
#!/system/bin/sh
sleep 35
# chmod -R 755 /system/etc/init.d

echo "interactive" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
echo 15000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/above_hispeed_delay
echo 95 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/go_hispeed_load
echo 729600 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/hispeed_freq
echo 45000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/min_sample_time
echo 15000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/timer_rate
echo 85 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/target_loads

echo "deadline" > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler
echo 512 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/read_ahead_kb

sleep 2
echo "1900000000 1950000000 2150000000" > /sys/class/misc/colorcontrol/multiplier
echo 0 > /sys/class/backlight/s6e8aa0/acl_set
echo 5 > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/manager0/gamma
echo -5 > /sys/module/panel_s6e8aa0/parameters/contrast
echo "-4 0 5" > /sys/class/misc/colorcontrol/v1_offset

sleep 2
echo 1 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/fifo_batch
echo 1 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/front_merges
echo 6 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/writes_starved
echo 3500 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/write_expire
echo 351 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/read_expire
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schneewitzchen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aryan79
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis View Post
You need to read the error. Likely has nothing to do with the kernel if you properly reflashed stock.
I have spoken with another user and he told me about the "power.tuna.so" problem! I didn't know anything about this problem.
I think that the FK Updater should have a button to fix this!

reysonance
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
I have spoken with another user and he told me about the "power.tuna.so" problem! I didn't know anything about this problem.
I think that the FK Updater should have a button to fix this!
This might help

The Following User Says Thank You to reysonance For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
4.0.4, 4.1, 4.2, best kernel, best support, fast, franco, galaxy, jb 4.1, kernel, nexus, samsung