OP franciscofranco

23rd February 2013, 04:43 PM   |  #39541  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 14,815

8,564 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelakaro

And do you leave thermal throttle enabled without having annoying slowdowns? (i mean in games like nfs mw or mc4)
I named these two games just to give an example

No problems here when I was playing those awhile back. Maybe joaquinf can comment though, since I know he games more and plays those more frequently.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

On a separate note, my wlan_rx_wake lock issue also coincides with Android OS using an unacceptable amount of battery according to the Battery page in Settings (same awake time as wlan_rx_wake in BBS). I know a few people had the Android OS issue here in recent memory, so, to those that did: have you found any solutions since you last posted?
Last edited by osm0sis; 23rd February 2013 at 04:46 PM.
23rd February 2013, 05:36 PM   |  #39542  
Thanks Meter: 53

386 posts
Re: [KERNEL][GPL][GN] franco.Kernel r365 -> 4.2.2 | r364 -> 4.2 | r300 -> 4.1
I constantly have a brain Fart, when someone writes CAB Disabled. That means box in fku is checked or unchecked.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
23rd February 2013, 05:39 PM   |  #39543  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bucaramanga
Thanks Meter: 2,298

2,785 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

No problems here when I was playing those awhile back. Maybe joaquinf can comment though, since I know he games more and plays those more frequently

I have no issues playing those games on my phone. No lag even after +1 hour gaming online sessions of mc4. In fact, i used to use my phone more than my n7 to play because it was smoother but after franco did his thing with the n7 kernel i no longer play on my gnex other than casual games like temple run 2 or zombies minesweeper.
Quote:

On a separate note, my wlan_rx_wake lock issue also coincides with Android OS using an unacceptable amount of battery according to the Battery page in Settings (same awake time as wlan_rx_wake in BBS). I know a few people had the Android OS issue here in recent memory, so, to those that did: have you found any solutions since you last posted?

I had that nasty android OS wakelock but now is gone and i didn't do anything about it. I'll try to keep an eye on that to see if i can track something helpful
The Following User Says Thank You to joaquinf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 06:28 PM   |  #39544  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 467

1,234 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [KERNEL][GPL][GN] franco.Kernel r365 -> 4.2.2 | r364 -> 4.2 | r300 -> 4.1
Quote:

No problems here when I was playing those awhile back. Maybe joaquinf can comment though, since I know he games more and plays those more frequently.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Do you use play music, that used to happen to me often bcuz it would try and sync my music all the time, even when i turned off the sync the app would still search until i put "music on device only"
The Following User Says Thank You to Sik-1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 12:44 AM   |  #39545  
Thanks Meter: 19

97 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antob125

I constantly have a brain Fart, when someone writes CAB Disabled. That means box in fku is checked or unchecked.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Checked
The Following User Says Thank You to petemills8 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 09:41 AM   |  #39546  
Thanks Meter: 70

369 posts
R: [KERNEL][GPL][GN] franco.Kernel r365 -> 4.2.2 | r364 -> 4.2 | r300 -> 4.1
Even on my galaxy nexus mc4 runs greatly ,but after a while thermal throttle begins to annoy,so i usually switch it to off and underclock to 1ghz. Maybe that's an hardware fault of my device,i don't know. However,about android OS consumption,it's been a while that i can enjoy screen on time on the top of my battery consumption,but i did only a few factory reset during these days to test ubuntu and other few things not worthing to mention here

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus
24th February 2013, 12:09 PM   |  #39547  
Flag some where
Thanks Meter: 333

1,840 posts
More
On which rom franco kernel gives pure performance like which rom you want me to suggest guys ?
24th February 2013, 12:11 PM   |  #39548  
Flag Praha
Thanks Meter: 759

1,818 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haxor

On which rom franco kernel gives pure performance like which rom you want me to suggest guys ?

franco gives you pure performance on all ROMs.
24th February 2013, 12:16 PM   |  #39549  
Flag some where
Thanks Meter: 333

1,840 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajty

franco gives you pure performance on all ROMs.

Not Really Bro ! Rom is bit responsible for kernel performance and AFAIK not all rom are same kind of
24th February 2013, 12:22 PM   |  #39550  
Thanks Meter: 7,953

6,974 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haxor

Not Really Bro ! Rom is bit responsible for kernel performance and AFAIK not all rom are same kind of

all devices are different so if a rom/kernel combo works good for one it doesnt mean that will work good for you as well so try them yourself

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.0.4, 4.1, 4.2, best kernel, best support, fast, franco, galaxy, jb 4.1, kernel, nexus, samsung
Previous Thread Next Thread