Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 51,561 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] [GPL] [GN] franco.Kernel r398

Tip us?

dyndragon
Old
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by akira02rex View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=14

Franco, you just disproved your theories by posting that link. See above ^^.
Those tests aren't conclusive enough though in all honesty to argue your point, besides the one above.
That test you singled out is ONLY in the case that you are doing something that requires the CPU to be on constantly, like playing music. In that specific case, yes, a min speed of 350mhz would consume less power while you are playing music.

BUT, in any other case where you want the phone to be sleeping, then you want to make sure it can go back to sleep as soon as possible after waking, and this is accomplished by having a 700mhz min speed.
--Hans
Current: HTC One on CM10.1 , Nexus 7 on CM10.1
Retired: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy S II (T-mobile SGH-T989), T-mobile G2 (CM7), Nexus One (CM7), Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM on CM10, Nexus 4 on CM10.1

https://plus.google.com/+HansHong

ChongoDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 2,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by akira02rex View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=14

Franco, you just disproved your theories by posting that link. See above ^^.
Those tests aren't conclusive enough though in all honesty to argue your point, besides the one above.
I did my own tests personally, and the few times where 350 is preferred (reading/ low cpu intensive situations) is such a small difference that when I weighed that against how much wake lag 350 brought on... It was a clear choice that 700mhz min was preferred.

Sent from my francoPhone

XDA's D4RK KN1GHT
I'm Not Wearing Hockey Pads
5T4Y FR05TY
Android Techy
"Chongo for forum President- Because he's the hero xda deserves, but not the one it needs right now." - _MetalHead_

ArmanUV
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyndragon View Post
That test you singled out is ONLY in the case that you are doing something that requires the CPU to be on constantly, like playing music. In that specific case, yes, a min speed of 350mhz would consume less power while you are playing music.

BUT, in any other case where you want the phone to be sleeping, then you want to make sure it can go back to sleep as soon as possible after waking, and this is accomplished by having a 700mhz min speed.
it says in that post that playing music with 700 only drains 3mah compared to 350. Idle screen off on wifi is about 18mah in my experiments. 3mah on top of that is nothing.
Galaxy Nexus GSM

franciscofranco
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 88,228

DONATE TO ME
Milestone 1 is now released. I hope this marks a culmination of research and now you can all make use of a very stable release that has been tested in the last 5 days. Have fun.

Peek
Nexus Display Control
franco.Kernel updater Free
franco.Kernel - Galaxy Nexus
franco.Kernel - Nexus 4
franco.Kernel - Nexus 5
franco.Kernel - Nexus 7
franco.Kernel - Nexus 7 2013
franco.Kernel - Nexus 10

Google+ | Twitter

You don't like my reply? Read this

However, if you put any trust in Quadrant scores you could use them to prove that dancing naked for 5 minutes in your garden affects device performance. By Chainfire

My applications translations are managed by:

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mazubo
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco View Post
Milestone 1 is now released. I hope this marks a culmination of research and now you can all make use of a very stable release that has been tested in the last 5 days. Have fun.
Thank you Mr. Fransisco Franco! I'm a huge fan of your work! Thank you for this Milestone!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to mazubo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chakra
Old
Thanks Meter 355
Loving it so far my Nexus is faster than it ever been, congratulations Franco, great job!

Redflea
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1431105

I already have it on my local build but I didn't see big improvements to be honest.
Thanks for the feedback..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

chardd23
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Why cant i download the kernel thru the app? after clicking the download the zip. it does nothing . :S

chakra
Old
Thanks Meter 355
You have to update the app first?

franciscofranco
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 88,228

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chardd23 View Post
Why cant i download the kernel thru the app? after clicking the download the zip. it does nothing . :S
Yes you have to update the app first, I changed the filename.

Peek
Nexus Display Control
franco.Kernel updater Free
franco.Kernel - Galaxy Nexus
franco.Kernel - Nexus 4
franco.Kernel - Nexus 5
franco.Kernel - Nexus 7
franco.Kernel - Nexus 7 2013
franco.Kernel - Nexus 10

Google+ | Twitter

You don't like my reply? Read this

However, if you put any trust in Quadrant scores you could use them to prove that dancing naked for 5 minutes in your garden affects device performance. By Chainfire

My applications translations are managed by:

Tags
4.0.4, 4.1, 4.2, best kernel, best support, fast, franco, galaxy, jb 4.1, kernel, nexus, samsung