Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,657 Members 43,169 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] [GPL] [GN] franco.Kernel r398

Tip us?

raubkatze
Old
Thanks Meter 7,370

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamm513 View Post
Man thats really weird, i'm on AOKP Milestone 4 + Franco Kernel Nightly r97, and i have the headphones working and device its fliying.
+1 Works fine

franciscofranco
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 88,225

DONATE TO ME
Headphones work just fine as well here.

About the threshold, it's true that with higher threshold should wield better battery in the long run, but I found out, at least for me, that it hurts interactivity too much, and I'm not willing to sacrifice the smoothness for an extra 30minutes of screen time (I just made up this number, dont use it to justify anything you want to claim as true, it's made up). And 80% is also pretty aggressive so why change it?

Peek
Nexus Display Control
franco.Kernel updater Free
franco.Kernel - Galaxy Nexus
franco.Kernel - Nexus 4
franco.Kernel - Nexus 5
franco.Kernel - Nexus 7
franco.Kernel - Nexus 7 2013
franco.Kernel - Nexus 10

Google+ | Twitter

You don't like my reply? Read this

However, if you put any trust in Quadrant scores you could use them to prove that dancing naked for 5 minutes in your garden affects device performance. By Chainfire

My applications translations are managed by:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CaspaTheGhost
Old
Thanks Meter 1,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by alizandru View Post
I have strange sounds coming from the speaker after i hang up the call. No problems with m1. Everything else is working ok.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hung View Post
Getting popping noises on r97 especially if I'm getting a phone call or if I put the phone on speaker
That'll be your phone pooping so make sure you clean it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hung View Post
Yeah but then I waste more battery. I shouldn't have to enable that in order to fix a problem but I guess I have to

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAviierG View Post
Yeah it sucks.

Its called a work around guys. As has been said many times in the pages before this, the issue is with Ezekeel's sound mod so cannot be fixed by Franco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raubkatze View Post
+1 Works fine
Same here, listening to tunes as I type this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

tacc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is this kernel doing something with the brightness?
I'm probably just imagining it but I switched between this and other kernels a few times and I just always have the impression that (with the same brightness settings) the screen is slightly darker with this kernel.
Can't find any mention about that. Maybe because I'm just seeing things.

CaspaTheGhost
Old
Thanks Meter 1,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco View Post
* Color Control - You're able to change GAMMA values and Color Multipliers to achieve the best color profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacc View Post
Is this kernel doing something with the brightness?
I'm probably just imagining it but I switched between this and other kernels a few times and I just always have the impression that (with the same brightness settings) the screen is slightly darker with this kernel.
Can't find any mention about that. Maybe because I'm just seeing things.
That top quote is from the OP, maybe you aren't reading?

You can control it via Franco's app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Saintfyre
Old
(Last edited by Saintfyre; 15th March 2012 at 10:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 124
Thanks all for the replies, maybe it's just the kind of headphones i'm using.

They have those little switches on them. (edit: the ones that let you play, skip tracks, pause and such)

2 pair came with my G2, and the others came with my MyTouch phones so they're also old.

I'll pick up a pair of standard headphones and give those a try.

Thanks!
Rooted T-Mobile Galaxy S4 SGH-M919 Wicked V10
Rooted T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T Wicked V1
Rooted VZW 4G Motorola Xoom - OmniRom Wingray 4.4.2
Logitech Revue w/ Camera - Google TV 2.0 Honeycomb
Pebble Smart Watch

If I helped in anyway please feel free to send a Thanks my way, it's appreciated.

wollyka
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Hi
Does anybody here use third party text to speech engines? i use inova and it stopped working. the default engine works fine here. I tried Pico TTS and it is not working too. I don't know if it is related to the kernel, but it was working fine before. i am on AOKP M4+ latest r97

hasnol143
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintfyre View Post
Thanks all for the replies, maybe it's just the kind of headphones i'm using.

They have those little switches on them. (edit: the ones that let you play, skip tracks, pause and such)

2 pair came with my G2, and the others came with my MyTouch phones so they're also old.

I'll pick up a pair of standard headphones and give those a try.

Thanks!
Try wiping one more time and get the lateste nightly kernel first and see what happens. Maybe its also a weird app causing it?

hasnol143
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Honestly im using r96 and im getting amazing better life and smoothness, im using ondemand and it gives me more juice and battery than when i had turtle! And uv works great too! Dont care much for r97 not worth the reboot lol but all in all thanks franco! Ur the best.

kanemari
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niksko View Post
Yes, with both Modaco and AOKP. No difference. Perhaps you'd be kind enough to take a little look at my logcat? Perhaps you can spot something in there that could give me a clue as to what to do?

niksko - why dont you try using the gnex toolkit and completely reinstalling the stock yakju image packages from google? (i.e. bootloader, kernel, system, radio, data). if that doesnt get you back up again, im not sure what will.

you can then reflash your optus radio back if it works better for you. i know from my own testing that the telstra radio gives me about 1mbps more on average than the generic radio. any other roms shouldnt matter after you get that bit right.

Tags
4.0.4, 4.1, 4.2, best kernel, best support, fast, franco, galaxy, jb 4.1, kernel, nexus, samsung