Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 40,430 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] [GPL] [GN] franco.Kernel r396

Tip us?

pastasauce
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK View Post
Not saying wakelocks. In terms of battery usage on battery stats via Android settings.
Uh it's pretty typical. Screens on top as usual, nothing extremely out of the ordinary. Android OS a little higher than I'd like, but still not extremely high (10%).

spaceman860
Old
Thanks Meter 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastasauce View Post
Milestone 3 gives some pretty bad drain overnight. Not a wakelock or APP issue, not really sure the problem. It just drops whereas previous versions its steady overnight, 1-2% max. Now it's up to 13-15%.
Let the battery drain down then fully charge it. It happened to me to and that fixed it

Sent from my GNex {GSM} T-Mobile
Phone/NEXUS 5
Rom/DIRTY UNICORNS
Kernel/FRANCO
Recovery/TWRP
G1>N1>GN>N7>N4>N5

drtrmiller
Old
(Last edited by drtrmiller; 29th April 2012 at 04:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Default "True Black" is now a Bluish Glow?

I'm not sure if this is an issue, or where it belongs, but I think I mistakenly wrote an app developer of a night-time alarm clock yesterday telling them that the "black" background on their alarm clock app was more a bluish glow—similar to a TFT display—which should not be the case on the Galaxy Nexus.

Then, I ran a screen test and discovered that a pure black background with NO soft key glow (I have made my soft keys 100% transparent) and no other elements on the screen, is actually bluish if you view it in a completely dark room.

I don't recall the screen exhibiting this bluish property when I first got it, and I played around with the both color control settings and brightness, to no avail.

Is anyone else unable to achieve a "true black" on their Galaxy Nexus, running the latest milestone builds of Franco's Kernel and AOKP?

What could be the cause?

:~(

UPDATE: Found this post in another forum regarding the screen glow. Not sure if it could be fixed in the kernel, but I just never noticed it before yesterday.

drawde40599
Old
Thanks Meter 1617

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaspaTheGhost View Post
Official GSM.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Official huh . OK bye

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtrmiller View Post
I'm not sure if this is an issue, or where it belongs, but I think I mistakenly wrote an app developer of a night-time alarm clock yesterday telling them that the "black" background on their alarm clock app was more a bluish glow—similar to a TFT display—which should not be the case on the Galaxy Nexus.

Then, I ran a screen test and discovered that a pure black background with NO soft key glow (I have made my soft keys 100% transparent) and no other elements on the screen, is actually bluish if you view it in a completely dark room.

I don't recall the screen exhibiting this bluish property when I first got it, and I played around with the both color control settings and brightness, to no avail.

Is anyone else unable to achieve a "true black" on their Galaxy Nexus, running the latest milestone builds of Franco's Kernel and AOKP?

What could be the cause?

:~(

UPDATE: Found this post in another forum regarding the screen glow. Not sure if it could be fixed in the kernel, but I just never noticed it before yesterday.
That's the only thing I hate about this phone the colors suck!! Super c only one that has been able to get them looking better but even then his app is beta, if he cant get his app perfected before this htc one x at&t or gs3 comes out this phone going into the pile with the others, anyways, for some reason the 100% stock rom's color dose look different after installing this kernel to me, don't make sense I realize this but on my phone its slightly different ( stock better )

Felixpau86
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Anyone update to Franco MS3 and AOKP MS5... enable usb quick charge and not be able to charge properly via usb?

Using Franco's app to enable... did not enable on the MS5 settings.

Should I turn on quick charge on rom instead?

YoungAceAtlanta
Old
Thanks Meter 152
I don't get how many of you are getting 15hours + with wifi always on

I'm using interactive, smartreflex, generic hot plug

And can barley make it past 6hours with it being on 45%

And yes I have good cell coverage

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Phone History/Current line up

Android:
Samsung Galaxy S5 - White
HTC One M8 - Gunmetal
Samsung Galaxy Note III
Nexus 10
iOS:
iPhone 5 iOS 7.0
iPad Mini iOS 6.X
The Following User Says Thank You to YoungAceAtlanta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

schizophrenia
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungAceAtlanta View Post

i do have the same question but seems cant find the answer at all

momomok
Old
Thanks Meter 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenia View Post
i do have the same question but seems cant find the answer at all
Is there any screenshots for BetterBatteryStats?
esp. the partial wakelock and kernel wakelock
Rule #1: Never ask for an ETA

Nexus 5 + Xposed Stock 4.4.4 + GravityBox + ElementalX
Nexus 7 + Stock
Nexus 4 + Stock
Nexus Prime + A taste of KitKat Nov02 Build
Nexus One (I still miss your TB ) + CM7 Nightly KANG + IR's kernel [And now you're dead... ]

Life is short, why backup? Just flash

hitman818
Old
Thanks Meter 92
What kernel version is this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

drawde40599
Old
(Last edited by drawde40599; 29th April 2012 at 05:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1617

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman818 View Post
What kernel version is this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Check 1411 pages back o_O, crazyness

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungAceAtlanta View Post

Ever since I started charging whenever I was near a charger my battery started lasting longer in between charges I get avg 4 hour screen on time . Don't no if had anything to.do.with but I also let die completely 2 x a week . Try it maybe work for u to, crack flashing also a battery destroyer; )

Tags
4.0.4, 4.1, 4.2, best kernel, best support, fast, franco, galaxy, jb 4.1, kernel, nexus, samsung