Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 52,425 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] [GPL] [GN] franco.Kernel r396

Tip us?

grognaz
Old
Thanks Meter 54
is it a known issue that color settings reset on reboot with cm9? and if so, is there a workaround like for the frequencies/governor?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

CaspaTheGhost
Old
Thanks Meter 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmet321 View Post
I actually did a fresh install and haven't installed the app. Wanted to see how it went without messing with it too much. What's the default? I'm assuming its your min frequency? Min is 384 -1228.

Thanks for your response.

Last time I checked it was 384/1228 and OnDemand.

As I said in the other thread, I'm running r166 and no lag at all.

R166 sorted the unlock lag and 729 min on Interactive guarantees no wake lag for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Theshawty
Old
Thanks Meter 4402
How much more battery do you think 729 Mhz (min) will drain? If overclocking from 350-ish?

mikespe
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Franco, I have a feature request for your app...any way you can put a backup feature into the app so we can backup the last known working kernel/app settings in case something goes wrong with the latest nightly? I have never had anything happen thankfully, but things can always go wrong. This way, worst case scenario we can go to recovery & flash the last know working config/kernel. Probably a lot of work on your part to construct but it could be a lifesaver for some?

Thanks for your work!

dracon6ai
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Just out of curiosity, since wifi voltages are tied in radio voltages would that mean that we can over voltage it past 2.0 so it might have a chance to boost radio signal far stronger than its ever been? While also giving the chance to blow stuff up of course but that's what makes this fun :)

Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before one gets tired!

franciscofranco
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 87086

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikespe View Post
Franco, I have a feature request for your app...any way you can put a backup feature into the app so we can backup the last known working kernel/app settings in case something goes wrong with the latest nightly? I have never had anything happen thankfully, but things can always go wrong. This way, worst case scenario we can go to recovery & flash the last know working config/kernel. Probably a lot of work on your part to construct but it could be a lifesaver for some?

Thanks for your work!
Its not a bad idea. I know Ezekeel programmed something similar and I think its a really useful feature. I'll strongly think about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracon6ai View Post
Just out of curiosity, since wifi voltages are tied in radio voltages would that mean that we can over voltage it past 2.0 so it might have a chance to boost radio signal far stronger than its ever been? While also giving the chance to blow stuff up of course but that's what makes this fun :)

Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before one gets tired!
I didn't say it was tied to radio voltage. I said there might be a possibility according to the info I gathered. Over volting might not be a good idea at all.

Peek
Nexus Display Control
franco.Kernel updater Free
franco.Kernel - Galaxy Nexus
franco.Kernel - Nexus 4
franco.Kernel - Nexus 5
franco.Kernel - Nexus 7
franco.Kernel - Nexus 7 2013
franco.Kernel - Nexus 10

Google+ | Twitter

You don't like my reply? Read this

However, if you put any trust in Quadrant scores you could use them to prove that dancing naked for 5 minutes in your garden affects device performance. By Chainfire

My applications translations are managed by:

stunndd
Old
(Last edited by stunndd; 26th May 2012 at 02:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 22
With 166 set to power saver my phone only dropped 2% over night (6 hrs 45 min) not too bad.

And I've only had one data drop but when it came back it had quite a bit stronger signal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Jelly Bean 4.1.1
Kernel: Latest Trinity

hotnikkelz
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunndd View Post
With 166 set to power saver my phone only dropped 2% over night (6 hrs 45 min) not too bad.

And I've only had one data drop but when it came back it had quite a bit stronger signal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
I'm going to try that as I get around 8% bleeding overnight :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

ms0chez
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by leos0000 View Post
R166 really super fast

Really? I think that about 165. 165 was really smooth and fast. And for some reason I got better wifi signal on 165. That could just be a coincidence though. 166 is giving me some lag.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

leos0000
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms0chez View Post
Really? I think that about 165. 165 was really smooth and fast. And for some reason I got better wifi signal on 165. That could just be a coincidence though. 166 is giving me some lag.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
No man... for me r166 512 gpu so ****ing fast and stable good signal wi fi and all ..... i use paranoid android rom

Tags
4.0.4, 4.1, 4.2, best kernel, best support, fast, franco, galaxy, jb 4.1, kernel, nexus, samsung