[KERNEL] [GPL] [GN] franco.Kernel r398

OP franciscofranco

9th October 2012, 09:09 PM   |  #29191  
Thanks Meter: 88

175 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

Ok r220 is up please take some time to read through this:

* Added USB_AUDIO modules to /lib/modules - if you have a USB DAC and you want to see what happens just do this: insmod lib/modules/snd-usb-audio.ko and post here the outcome

Apparently, a DIY USB DAC is working with a Galaxy Nexus running on your kernel & AOKP and AlsaMixer available on Google Play Store.
http://translate.google.fr/translate...laxynexus.html
http://devlog.grim3lt.org/2012/10/an...laxynexus.html

However the sound is choppy.
The AlsaMixer is likely set up to 48kHz, and his music got ripped at 44.1.
The immediate solution should be to re-rip the music at 48.
The long-term solution should be to find a way to set up the AlsaMixer to 44.1kHz.

This DIY USB DAC is also working with a stock Galaxy S III.

Last edited by danba; 9th October 2012 at 09:19 PM.
9th October 2012, 09:10 PM   |  #29192  
Thanks Meter: 343

625 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUTHRNFRIED

So I've read a handful of folks experiencing excessive batt drain with 283. You can put me on that list as well. I've changed nothing about how I use my phone and im at 54% in just 7 hrs. I've gone as far as adjusting my interactive setting to 729 hispeed freq with no positive results. I'll give it one more cycle and another full day tomorrow to see the results. But I've got a feeling I may be restoring my 277.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

I made a quite good experience with battery life and r283! I used my phone with the new kernel very intense today, browser, mails, PDFs, music and some gaming. 80% WiFi, 20 mobile data and autobrightness. (230/1305; Interactive Gov. @ stock settings)

Good performance and great battery life, thank you Franco for this fine kernel release

GNex with franco.Kernel / MiNCO ROM
Last edited by Fenvarien; 9th October 2012 at 09:15 PM.
9th October 2012, 09:14 PM   |  #29193  
Thanks Meter: 172

884 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUTHRNFRIED

So I've read a handful of folks experiencing excessive batt drain with 283. You can put me on that list as well. I've changed nothing about how I use my phone and im at 54% in just 7 hrs. I've gone as far as adjusting my interactive setting to 729 hispeed freq with no positive results. I'll give it one more cycle and another full day tomorrow to see the results. But I've got a feeling I may be restoring my 277.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

its weird that its been the opposite for me. 283 seems to have gotten rid of all my drains. maybe try restarting ur phone if u havent already?
9th October 2012, 09:34 PM   |  #29194  
Thanks Meter: 112

871 posts
More
+1 on the drains with 283. Seems in use the phone just dive dombs worst than previous builds. Got 1 hour screen time with 283, vs 3 hours with 282. All setting the same, I do not mess with controls in app.
9th October 2012, 09:38 PM   |  #29195  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,351

1,183 posts
More
I am on r283(384) and I just played a 3D game at 100% brightness for 75 minutes and it drained by battery about 40%. That's freakin' impressive. That means if I played a game and ran the full charge, I could get probably 3 hours at 100% brightness. That's crazy awesome. Just sayin'...
9th October 2012, 10:07 PM   |  #29196  
Thanks Meter: 88

174 posts
WTF is wrong with my phone. I'm at 2 hours of screen time, 6 hours total and have 8% battery left - and this is a good cycle for me. I get similar results with different roms, including MiNCO and AOKP. I always run Franco Kernel (currently r283 and trying wheatley since others said it's better for battery life). The only app I run that should be using battery is Exchange set to push notifications. How do you all get close to or more than a full day?!?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
9th October 2012, 10:20 PM   |  #29197  
Thanks Meter: 172

884 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty Hand

WTF is wrong with my phone. I'm at 2 hours of screen time, 6 hours total and have 8% battery left - and this is a good cycle for me. I get similar results with different roms, including MiNCO and AOKP. I always run Franco Kernel (currently r283 and trying wheatley since others said it's better for battery life). The only app I run that should be using battery is Exchange set to push notifications. How do you all get close to or more than a full day?!?

Don't have a **** load of apps running in the background or widgets and turn airplane mode on when you have no signal

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to nuwan32 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th October 2012, 10:22 PM   |  #29198  
Thanks Meter: 1,074

2,410 posts
More
Quote:

Everyone's device is different. It's tedious, but it pays to test all and give them all two-three days. For my device, Trinity is the only kernel that gives me the best battery life and I have it clocked to 1300.

*Don't Stress Too Much Over Android. Just Get A Device That You Like & Make Sure That It Has Good Development*
The Following User Says Thank You to cmoG530 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th October 2012, 10:31 PM   |  #29199  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 464

2,104 posts
More
Quote:

You and me both. However, I attribute a lot of my issues to being in a poor service area most of the day.
The Following User Says Thank You to TEK112 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th October 2012, 10:50 PM   |  #29200  
Thanks Meter: 51

311 posts
More
283 seems very good. Both performance and battery wise.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.0.4, 4.1, 4.2, best kernel, best support, fast, franco, galaxy, jb 4.1, kernel, nexus, samsung
Previous Thread Next Thread