5,593,793 Members 44,605 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] [4.4] Mpokang Kernel v10 [3 variations] [773MB RAM] [+50% RAM performance]

Tip us?

audit2
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavedashdoc View Post

Pushing the ram speed to its limits 8) best score yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
I'm jealous.

---------- Post added at 07:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavedashdoc View Post
Going to do some more tweaking and testing tonight. I think I will have 2 profiles for you guys. A "on the go" profile (using GPS, on 4g mainly while running apps like GPS smoothly) and a "Max Performance plus Battery" for at home on wifi and better battery life. Speaks for its self, stay tuned.

Wavedashdoc.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Can't wait. Your previous settings made my phone smoke,

papatsonis
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by antypas View Post
Another good benchmark, optimized for dual core devices is Mozilla Kraken benchmark: http://krakenbenchmark.mozilla.org/
It measures processing power CPU + RAM. As it depends on the browser it makes sense to use it with the same ROM and browser.

Anandtech uses it as one of its benchmarks. I went ahead and tried Dirty V 10/2 and Mpokang v10 with EXACTLY the same governor settings @ 1.5 Ghz and the same ROM.

I have been hearing b***** about faking benchmarks and stuff...
This is a benchmark that cannot be really fooled, it uses only the browser. LOWER values are better:

Dirty V: 14058 ms

Mpokang: 13086 ms

I will upload screens later.
That's right.. because i am enough of B.S... about faking benchmarks, and the "Grief" of @Nephilim, in a manner "If he doesnt want to release his source, the kernel doesn't reserve the fastest or one among the fastest kernels"... i will simply attach the latest antutu i run minutes ago (i really was surprized myself.. Interactive governor, GPU 512, Fsync disabled).

p.s.> neither i like mpokwsths' behaviour, of not releasing the latest source but, you judge without having a clue.. to be somekind of advocate, have you ever considered ,for example, an HDD failure..? all you do (Nephilim) is complaining.. instead of just use kernel as is.. and enjoy it. The only think some ppl might miss is OTG but even this if i remember correctly @metalspring is easily corrected..

p.s.> has anyone really checked the memory benchmarks, of V9 in a 4.3 rom (which source is available.. ) if they are any different than V10's..? because i suspect V9 will score the same.. and really if i was mpokwsth's i would sit in a corner and laugh... (cause these "holy grail" tweaks will be in front of our eyes...)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-12-14-23-06.png
Views:	730
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	2575036   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-12-14-22-54.png
Views:	716
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	2575037  

eagleeyetom
Old
Developer Committee / Senior Moderator / XDA News Writer - Lost in Amsterdam
Thanks Meter 10884

DONATE TO ME
If the thread is closed and until investigation that doesn't give an excuse to open a new one. In fact it's the best way to find a way out from XDA in the hard way.
Hopefully this won't happen again and we won't have to use the "more convincing methods" to respect moderator's decisions.

If you have a question, please contact any moderator, but don't open a new thread just like that.

Thank you.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eagleeyetom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe